Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks the NWA is going to run some supershows in the Omni.

And Alabama.

Im sure the Fuller's and Armstrong strong hold on Alabama will still stay strong if this invasion threat happens. As for Georgia, with the Omni being a CNN building, means that its owned by Turner? And he wont be renting it out ;)

The WTBS time slots suddenly becoming an AWA showcase seems slightly more significant.

Well yeah, but still that would be a crazy day in history if Georgia and WWF were both replaced on TV.

Thats what i was trying to go with, disappointed i wont be able to book Flair, especially with recently picked up Ricky Steamboat, but wanted to try a shake things up a little.

Well if we're just going to throw out any semblance of reality, like Turner allowing someone to run opposition in the Omni to the very promotion he's featuring on WTBS, Joe Blanchard plans to call in a bomb threat hours before the NWA Omni show is scheduled to take place and get it cancelled.

Well, Memphis will continue to run with connections to both AWA and NWA. We will honor all deals in place and continue a working relationship with all. If that bothers anyone, I am sorry. We will run shows in the area that our TV studio feed reaches. If we step on any ones toes in doing so, please let me know. We can work anything out. Locations for shows are either from wrestlingdata.com or from information gained by researching tv feeds at that time. I feel it only fair that I am not a one or two town promotion. If this is not acceptable to either the NWA or AWA let me know.

Memphis had a pretty well established loop. Of course I don't really expect you to do this many shows a week but this is what it looked like:

Monday: Memphis, TN

Tuesday: Louisville, KY

Wednesday: Evansville, IN

Thursday: Spot show (Blytheville, Jonesboro, AR, Jackson TN)

Friday:Tupelo, MS

Saturday: Memphis TV in the morning & Nashville at night

anyone know the schedule for Championship Wrestling from Florida?

like what days of the week he ran which towns?

From the territory loops thread: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/30453-territory-loops/?hl=loops

This is my wheelhouse.....real quick here is Florida

Sunday = Orlando

Monday = West Palm Beach

Tuesday = Tampa

Wednesday = Miami

Thursday = Jacksonville

Friday = Spot shows

Saturday = Lakeland or Sarasota, St. Petersburg once a month

Ocala would run different nights every month or so.....Hollywood or Sunrise would take Miami's place at times, then you had spot shows like Daytona Beach, Fort Myers, etc.

anyone know the schedule for Championship Wrestling from Florida?

like what days of the week he ran which towns?

From the territory loops thread: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/30453-territory-loops/?hl=loops

This is my wheelhouse.....real quick here is Florida

Sunday = Orlando

Monday = West Palm Beach

Tuesday = Tampa

Wednesday = Miami

Thursday = Jacksonville

Friday = Spot shows

Saturday = Lakeland or Sarasota, St. Petersburg once a month

Ocala would run different nights every month or so.....Hollywood or Sunrise would take Miami's place at times, then you had spot shows like Daytona Beach, Fort Myers, etc.

wow thanks!

As I stated before, I have a friend named Dave who is looking to do some writing but he is not interested in opening up a full-time promotion. We have however talk about the idea of a developmental league. I'm going to use this is part of my expansion and Dave is going to be running shows out in Nevada and Utah possibly Arizona and New Mexico as well. I don't have the full details yet but he and I are going to work out all of the fun stuff and then I will to get everything going. This is going to be similar to the Alabama Wrestling and then the idea that parv of had with the nwf. If you're interested in joining that part of the developmental just let me know other than that it will be run under the mid-south banner. I should be able to get more details worked over this weekend and let you know.