Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

As i plan on incorporating Georgia into Southeastern, I will want to keep the titles, so if i drop any of the champions (Jake Roberts, Butch Reed and Koko Ware i believe) will i be able to use them for 2 weeks for them to drop the titles? If not ill be picking them up and looking for trades in future?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i plan on incorporating Georgia into Southeastern, I will want to keep the titles, so if i drop any of the champions (Jake Roberts, Butch Reed and Koko Ware i believe) will i be able to use them for 2 weeks for them to drop the titles? If not ill be picking them up and looking for trades in future?

I think a few week grace period to drop titles is a fair request.

I updated the free agency thread. I think it is safe we put things on hold until we decide if we want to change the rule and make it so that you don't have to drop someone to pick someone up.

I am okay with this move, and would say that if you disagree just state it here. I think the list may grow over the next couple of months and all those talents not absorbed in the potential mergers would be added.

If they are on the list, it's because nobody wants them. I think it should be like a waiver wire. Maybe we go by the current month's draft order. If you want someone off that list there is a 24 hour waiting period to make sure nobody higher on the draft order wants them? Also we can add to them anytime.

Just a suggestion.

A waiver wire seems really unnecessary considering how long those guys are sitting on the free agent list with 0 interest. It should just be first come first serve.

I think you should be able to use the guys on the free agent list if you want without having to drop anyone but they also don't become yours exclusively. You should get to claim them for a set amount of shows to be exclusive to your roster but after that number is up someone else can take them. You can use them more than the limit but you can't block someone else from using them after that.

A waiver wire seems really unnecessary considering how long those guys are sitting on the free agent list with 0 interest. It should just be first come first serve.

I think you should be able to use the guys on the free agent list if you want without having to drop anyone but they also don't become yours exclusively. You should get to claim them for a set amount of shows to be exclusive to your roster but after that number is up someone else can take them. You can use them more than the limit but you can't block someone else from using them after that.

I am a little fuzzy on the second part there. Would it be me picking someone from that list and having them for only like 1 month or something along those lines?

I think the guideline of only getting to pick one person a week should stay in for sure.

I am a little fuzzy on the second part there. Would it be me picking someone from that list and having them for only like 1 month or something along those lines?

I think the guideline of only getting to pick one person a week should stay in for sure.

Something like that yea. But if the time limit was up and no one else was interested in using him then you could keep doing it until someone else put in a claim.

Something like that yea. But if the time limit was up and no one else was interested in using him then you could keep doing it until someone else put in a claim.

I am on board for that. The other catalyst could be that if you drop someone to pick them up, there would be no time limit?

So a regular booking pick up could be a month. If you wanted to do a full booking pick up, you would drop someone to take his place.

Yea pretty much that's what I was thinking. I think there should be a limit if you don't drop anyone so that the free agent option doesn't just totally disappear with people stockpiling.

I agree. Let's take a look at what the list looks like when all is said and done from the mergers. Then we will have a more clear idea of who would be available and how these rules would look.

Okay so I should have a list of talent ready for draft by this evening. Like mentioned before their are two wrestlers that I haven't got anything for yet that I'll be looking to loan out. I will also be adding Gordon Solie to my announcing team.

In terms of towns, anything Kriz ran outside of Georgia you guys can debate over who's running them...

Everything is now sorted. Maple Leaf Wrestling is expanding into the North East part of the USA and to do that they have re-branded as the International Wrestling Federation.

Besides that huge news, the HUGE Maple Leaf Gardens show is now officially posted (and edited). Huge things here, including a big main event title change and a few big angles. My best show yet and something I have been building towards for 3 months now.

By the way, I am super happy I made a deal 3 months ago to bring in Pedro Morales for October/November. Makes it a really easy transition to entering WWF arenas with a new show. Just throw Pedro-Koloff as the main event and there is two former WWF World Champs.

The missus has put a spanner in the works and is taking me away for the weekend, so all shows this weekend will be cancelled and I'm going to go with the whole takeover of Georgia is causing a lot of administration etc..

If this is an issue let me know?

The missus has put a spanner in the works and is taking me away for the weekend, so all shows this weekend will be cancelled and I'm going to go with the whole takeover of Georgia is causing a lot of administration etc..

If this is an issue let me know?

All cool. Jack Tunney has similar issues.

I think The McMahon family was run out of the business by fear of Joe Blanchard coming up there and running against them and so decided to just close up shop before they got embarrassed by a superior product. That's gonna be my narrative anyway.

I think The McMahon family was run out of the business by fear of Joe Blanchard coming up there and running against them and so decided to just close up shop before they got embarrassed by a superior product. That's gonna be my narrative anyway.

If whoever picks up Vince allows him to do one taped promo for me, then I have an explanation planned.