Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many others, I am getting my ass kicked at work. I have results all the way through the end of the year but I have scattered TV shows so those are on temporary hiatus. I love laying out matches and will continue to loan out talent and posting shows. The January 4th show is finished so I am happy with those results. I also have a long break coming in November so I should write more TV in time for the tag title tournaments.

I've had some stuff come up and haven't been able to write any shows or read anyone's stuff but I'll try and get caught up this weekend if I can. Probably won't post my next TV but hopefully I'll get the HemisFair show posted that was supposed to go up last week.

I've been in support of giving people the benefit of the doubt before, but I'm getting to the point where I feel like there needs to be some resolution.

At least half of the promotions haven't been heard from even in the sense of "I'm working on it." for quite a while. I don't have a lot of interest in new talent because I have enough to continue with the storylines I have going and planned for a good year and a half with no new talent. That being said, I think we need to figure out who exactly is still in this thing.

I understand that the excitement of the draft and starting things has worn off and now it could be seen as work more than fun. I understand that maybe reading everyone else's stuff in addition to yours is a bit of a chore. But there has to come a time where either you are in or you're not. I understand completely if the time and effort aren't something you're not able or willing to put in. Parv has admitted as much and handed off his promotion for the time being, which I think is a respectable way to go about it. I do think there has to come a time where we are honest with ourselves about whether or not it's something we want to do or something we are going to do.

I don't want to kick anyone out who is willing to try and catch things up. I just wonder how many are willing and how many just haven't admitted it to themselves yet. And I am not saying it's a bad thing if time constraints get in the way because of work, family or whatever else. I just think it's something that should be decided definitely rather than just let hang. We have one person who has actively expressed interest in joining and another who has reportedly done so. I think we have to make some hard choices very soon.

Agreed on all accounts. I empathize since my schedule got busy over the last month too, but this is something I enjoy doing so I created a routine that works for me to consistently post my TV and house show results. If people can't even stop in to give a summary of what's going on in their feds at this point, they should consider dropping out. We are almost three months in and the backlog is going to keep building up.

No hard feelings for anyone, just my view.

At this point I'm going to agree too. Specifically in the cases of Wahoos Leg and RocketCrypt (despite my previous defense of) I talked to Flyin Brian recently and he said he was really swamped this month at work but was going to try and get caught up. I know Jesse got behind before and got caught back up so I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt still.

I completely agree with dawho. With picking up wwf for the month I doubled my workload and haven't faltered. Like beast says, it is no hard feelings buy like everyone has stated there is a certain level of commitment but more importantly communication that has been lacking from those who has been inactive. I am not keen on tossing people out but those of us who do communicate and are active should definitely have some kind of say in how things will go since others have vanished on this section of the board due to a number of circumstances.

Not to be brutal about it, but if people aren't on here then they should go. Being a week behind as opposed to not being out of July is just ridiculous.

We can't let this become too disjointed, there are about 7-8 promotions all roughly the same date and doing a great job.

It isn't about picking the bones out of inactive promotions, but for me coming to the end of my 1st cycle of feuds, would a little influx of talent help, it sure would. There are some big names not being booked as we speak.

Due to complications between Georgia Championship Wrestling and WTBS, Ted Turner has contacted Ron Fuller about airing a special weekly show on the 18:05 time slot until all is resolved. NWA will remain on WTBS..

There will be no Black Saturday in this time line.

The first weeks show which aired on the 17th will feature...

- World Champion Harley Race Vs Johnny Rich

- Bob Armstrong & Scott Armstrong Vs The Assassins

- "Wildfire" Tommy Rich Vs "Professor" Bill Ash

- Charlie Cook Vs The Moondog

Just a question, I have deals with Georgia for Brad Armstrong coming over for 3 months and Dutch Mantell go the other way, now with Kris leaving can this deal be held up?

Also i know we havent heard word from ICW yet, but we have an ongoing agreement with Jim Cornette, again will this be held up?

Just a question, I have deals with Georgia for Brad Armstrong coming over for 3 months and Dutch Mantell go the other way, now with Kris leaving can this deal be held up?

Also i know we havent heard word from ICW yet, but we have an ongoing agreement with Jim Cornette, again will this be held up?

Much like when i took over Mid South - if the promotion gets absorbed hopefully that person who took control would agree with those deals. I would think the same thing if we were to go with a draft (HOPEFULLY) and whomever took over that person would also adhere to the plan set in place. For the most part, I think there are some of us who can be trustworthy with these kinds of things so it shouldn't be an issue.