Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa Mike Fever got really fat between the 1981 Georgia I just saw on youtube where he was a scrawny jobber and the 1986 Continental where I am familiar with him as a fat ugly jobber. I don't know what I'm working with now.

All the territories didn't work together in perfect harmony. shrug.gif

So the basis for your behavior is that in real life, all the territories didn't work together so you can justify your behavior by going back on deals and that's okay? It is okay to act the way you have?

And don't start some shit about bringing this back up on here... I tried to message you but you deleted the conversations then blocked me, so I can't relinquish this argument anywhere but on the board and your behavior does need to be addressed by the group. Multiple times you have been brought to the attention of the group due to your behavior and at some point, it needs to be addressed and dealt with as a whole.

I am not on a crusade, I feel it is appropriate to call people out for being turds... you my friend have set the Couric scale record at this point for the way you've acted with little to no justification for it what so ever other than shrugging your shoulders.

And if we want to break out "how the territories were" I am sure Bill Watts would have sat quietly by as Joe Blanchard acted in such a way... which is a disgrace to Joe Blanchard because he wouldn't have acted this way in the first place.

You should do your own homework on Joe Blanchard's relationships with other promoters. Specifically how he started running San Antonio and the stuff he did in Houston. And the hilariously inept opposition shows he ran in Forth Worth at the height of Freebirds/Von Erichs mania.

As for the Memphis thing, I made The Fabs deal and then was asked to run a joint show with ICW after I'd already made it. Doing both didn't make sense. I could have waited until after he'd advertised The Fabs on TV and then pulled them before the MSC card if I was doing it just to be a dick.

It's all dumb since NWA members are working with non-NWA members all the time here.

What's really annoying me is your inability to show any understanding about why any of us would be mad at your actions.

Is it really that hard to be like "Yeah, I've made some bad decisions and I can see why the way I interact with other promotions may be upsetting to you"?

How you can justify trashing deals long after the fact confounds me.

I can see why the way I interact with some promotions may be upsetting to you. But I don't apologize. At least Parv was able to make his breaking ties with me into a fun in-game thing and not get all personally upset about it. He and I have no issues outside this game.

I am not going to be home tomorrow, so I posted my huge show a day early. I really would love feedback on this one, because I pay off an angle I have been building for a long time. We also get the reveal of the Super Russian, fireballs and an epic main event.

I have also been behind. I have all results through the new year. I also have the NJ Super Show on 1/4 already written out. However, I don't have all the TV written out so I am behind on TV shows. I like imagining matches and writing out a full match recap but I think I am going to have to reserve that for big main events and less detail in the low card matches. Maybe, just talk about what type of match is going on. I'll probably have more interviews and vignettes to flesh out the TV.

I just wanted to throw something out there for everyone. We can vote or agree or disagree, but simply just an option.

One thing I'd like to look at is free agency. I think we've had some discussion before but I don't know if there was a resolution.

What I propose is that we put together the individuals who were left over from the drafts and put them into a "free agency" list. These are individuals who are looking for a job and us as promoters can bring them in... with a catch.

So right now...

Terry Garvin

Don Kolov

Tony Torres

Mark Savage

Big Red Reese

are all individuals who haven't been drafted and will be moving to the October draft without work. What I would like us to do is to be able to pick these guys up while forefitting one member of our roster. For example, in order for me to bring in Terry Garvin, I would need to give up Don Kent. Then Don Kent would go to the list, and he could then be picked up by AWA if they were to drop someone and so on. One of the rules would be that you can only do one swap a week if you'd like. We could set the time for that "week" to start on Monday at 12am. This list would be organic and able to change daily/weekly with new people going onto the list... then when it comes to a draft... we could add these guys to that draft or keep them with free agency, then add the individuals who weren't drafted to the free agency list when finished. I would be happy to take over the list and keep it up to date after anyone picks someone.

Any thoughts?

I like it.

So the undrafted guys would be available for free agency, but no one from the October list would be available for this unless they too remain underrated and so on.

Would add some more interest for some since there's a better chance of some diamonds in the rough after swaps are made.