Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that KrisZ's stuff with Timothy Flowers & Pablo the manservant was all his own idea. Big props to Kris on that, probably the best original gimmick anyone has had in the game.

I was considering taking Flowers and continuing that gimmick but once I realized it wasn't based off anything Flowers ever actually did I figured there was no way I could really pull it off as well as Kris without having some footage to crib off of.

Just wanted to put it out there, if Brian doesn't return, I think I should be able to pick up Jim Cornette as I've booked him heavily in a joint ownership situation with him and ICW.

If you've followed my shows, you'd know I've heavily booked him and has long term plans for him?

Just putting it out there...

Just wanted to put it out there, if Brian doesn't return, I think I should be able to pick up Jim Cornette as I've booked him heavily in a joint ownership situation with him and ICW.

If you've followed my shows, you'd know I've heavily booked him and has long term plans for him?

I think that is the same deal I had with Bobby Bass. You get Cornette, but no pick in the first round of the draft. At least that was the Bass conditions.

I think that is the same deal I had with Bobby Bass. You get Cornette, but no pick in the first round of the draft. At least that was the Bass conditions.

That's what I was hoping for...

Well the precedent was kind of already set with the 50/50 sharing deals with the way Bobby Bass was handled. The 50/50 deals are a lot different than an agreement to get a guy for a few dates here and there. I guess this all hinges on if Memphis is ok with it the way that Wahoo was with the Bobby Bass thing.

Like I said was just putting it out there. I'm sure I could work something out with Memphis, I will have too I suppose.

But others have pointed out the "Bobby Bass" rule was done and accepted, I reckon because Cornette is seen as a higher value, then people will have more of an issue with it as opposed to Bobby Bass...

Well the precedent was kind of already set with the 50/50 sharing deals with the way Bobby Bass was handled. The 50/50 deals are a lot different than an agreement to get a guy for a few dates here and there. I guess this all hinges on if Memphis is ok with it the way that Wahoo was with the Bobby Bass thing.

I agree. If Icw is absorbed, it's Kevs call.

I'm just glad we're not fighting over whether or not Memphis gets the ICW roster when that's been well established as the protocol and is the best fit for what happened in real life.

Much like in real life Jarrett wins the war of Memphis...

I'm just glad we're not fighting over whether or not Memphis gets the ICW roster when that's been well established as the protocol and is the best fit for what happened in real life.

It's safe to say that this is one of the logical choices through that whole process. No offense meant, but some pairings don't flow but it is what it is. This works.

I don't think 50/50 should affect draft status. The whole point of absorbing another promotion is getting the first shot at all the big names. If we start putting conditions on that it will turn it into a game of giving 50/50s to your buddies so they get certain guys. I agree that the bookings should be honored, but that's as far as it goes.

I'm all for Kevin having a lot of say in the deal. If he is cool with it, I won't argue one bit. I just don't want to see these transfers become something less than what they have been because people 50/50 their guys out. If you absorb ICW you should get ICW.

Well that first Southeastern show on WTBS certainly shook things up. Wonder if that qualifies as the fantasy project's version of 'Black Saturday'...

Two black saturdays in one day! With Southeast taking over WTBS and IWF taking over WWF timeslots.