Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

Thought it might spark some interesting discussion to ask how everyone does their writing? I do mine, especially the TV shows, a little bit at a time as I have time or whenever I'm feeling inspired to write. I think I've only done maybe one show so far where I sat down at wrote out the whole thing at one time. Generally I start with an outline of what I want for each of the 6 segments on my TV and then I'll start writing with whichever segment/promo/angle interests me the most.

For the HemisFair Arena shows I will generally only write 1 or 2 matches at a time so I don't get burnt out writing a bunch of matches all at once. Sometimes I'll go back and forth between writing the TV and the arena show, especially if I write a segment on TV that gets me excited to write out the arena match.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote four shows over two days about three weekends ago to get to the end of September. I tend to either write everything for TV/big cards or at least all of the matches if I'm not feeling the promos. Then I'll fill in the promos when I am up for it. Then when it is getting towards bedtime or I'm not feeling overly ambitious I'll fill in house show stuff .

As for writing shows, I have my big matches planned for all major shows for all of 1983. I have the big program planned out till July 1st 1984. From there each month I book the whole Maple Leaf Gardens show and then build TV and house shows to that. I write the show when I post it though.

I've got most of my big matches/feuds laid out for the rest of this year and early 84. It's writing the TV that's currently slowing me down (every time I've gotten going something's come up that's cut my time short at finishing them up). I've been working on a few shows concurrently so once i get them done it'll be a batch of shows covering all of July.

There was a big incident that happened at the Brimingham show this week, just looking for a typewriter to get the results though to the board...

I'm happy for the free agents list. We should be about to book them for one of shows also...

Just to clarify, in order to book one, you have to swap them with a member of your roster. There's no telling whether or not that individual will be around when you try to pick him up the following week.

It is easier to do weekly than daily if your looking to make one pick, or else it could get crazy if we try to do daily picks and keeping track.

Just finished the new MACW TV so it's posted now. No major turning points, but I'm very proud of it as I think I'm finding my groove per se. About 1000 words shorter than my initial offering a month ago, more streamlined, and the promos have started to write themselves. In particular, Scott Casey is someone I had no plans for when I started and now he's basically the anchor of my mid card on TV. This has been the easiest show to write so far.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31835-macw-september-1983/&do=findComment&comment=5696555

I posted the free agency wire - http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31871-free-agency-wire/

Let me know if you have questions - we will start Monday @ 12am eastern. Remember, in order to make a selection, you have to drop someone.

Hopefully this works out well and we can continue to see this list grow with more drafts and such.

I may need to get a caretaker booker in for a while, been snowed under recently.

I know my plans for months, but actually finding the time to put pen to paper has been challenging while I'm trying to write this book. I was able to do reviews of the 90s/00s stuff cos I went back to my parents, where I had only my iPad with me.

If anyone is interested in coming in to write the TV and big shows for the next few weeks (about 3-4 weeks including the last two which are overdue), let me know. I have a general direction but execution would be up to you. Would also welcome another promoter coming in and doing it -- a la Jerry Jarrett coming in to caretkaer when Vince was doing the steroids trial. I don't want to fall too far behind. I am also "around" and can even provide a skeleton but getting the spare hour or so needed to get it all down and posted is tough at the mo.

I've fallen 2 days behind, but I am going to do a big update today. I've been slow, because I had originally planned two separate tours at the same time, but I am not sure if I am a fan of that. May have to rejiggle somethings.

Don't worry follow up on the Super Russian reveal is coming!

Just a quick note to say that LowBlow will be taking over booking of WWF for September -- he has a lot of the shows written already.

Behind-the-scenes kayfabe-wise this can be explained that Vince McMahon Sr has been taken ill and is in hospital and he's made arrangements for Bill Watts to come in an take care of business while he's gone (much to Vince Jr's chagrin).

I should be back next month, but I've been v. short of time this past couple of months for various reasons.