Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

First of all, apologies for my absence over the last month. I knew I was going to fall behind a little bit for a 1-2 week period, but then other events transpired and I wasn't able to write anything at all, let alone catch up. I wish now that I'd posted sooner to let people know where I stand, but what can you do.

I've reached the point now where I could potentially carry on, though the process may be slow and already being 5 or so weeks behind, I'm not sure if it's worth it or even fair to the people who are on here and posting day in, day out.

If someone wanted to take over the territory I would be happy to stand aside. However, I'd hate to see the roster be taken by one individual, whoever that may be. Though I guess it's no longer my call to make.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, apologies for my absence over the last month. I knew I was going to fall behind a little bit for a 1-2 week period, but then other events transpired and I wasn't able to write anything at all, let alone catch up. I wish now that I'd posted sooner to let people know where I stand, but what can you do.

I've reached the point now where I could potentially carry on, though the process may be slow and already being 5 or so weeks behind, I'm not sure if it's worth it or even fair to the people who are on here and posting day in, day out.

If someone wanted to take over the territory I would be happy to stand aside. However, I'd hate to see the roster be taken by one individual, whoever that may be. Though I guess it's no longer my call to make.

You can always do some kind of quick results type thing to get caught up. You're not out of the game if you want to continue and I'll help you get caught up in any way that I can.

As far as it not being "fair" you're not the only one who is behind and not the furthest behind either.

You keeping on is ideal.

It did seem like you abandoned the project, but if you are back all is cool.

I can't agree more with this last statement. To have one person took over all that talent is unfair in my opinion. Who's to say that Florida guys wouldn't come up to Mid South, Atlanta, or Mid Atlantic instead of being forced to go to another Territory. If anything, perhaps that "next in line" Territory gets the 1st and 2nd pick in the dispersal draft but let the rest of the talent go.

At this rate, some of us may not be getting new talent for quite some time, which would then in turn possibly make this "boring" or "not worth it" for some people. I am happy with my Mid South roster right now, but if I have to continue to recycle through the same guys for too long, like anyone, it would become stagnant. I know we've had argument after argument, but I just feel it is a good time to express my opinion as it appears I am not the only one who has it.

In saying that, I don't want Rocket out. He has got a great roster and a good direction. I'd say take a chance and come back with something go from there. No one saying you have to do a full week of house shows, do your weekly thing and let it be yours. There's no problem with that whatsoever in my eyes.

I'm kind of tired of the argument over the way rosters get taken over, but I don't really care anymore either. If the majority opinion has switched to say that everyone should go into a draft instead of the takeover thing then we should just switch to that. I'm in line to take over World Class and I wouldn't take but 3-4 of those guys because the biggest & best names on that roster just don't really fit what I have planned for Southwest so I have no real stake in keeping things the way they are. For the way I look to book I think that having too many stars on my roster is much harder to deal with than not enough.

Everyone going into a draft still doesn't really increase your odds of new talent that much though because you'd still only get a maximum of 2 guys.

I'm kind of tired of the argument over the way rosters get taken over, but I don't really care anymore either. If the majority opinion has switched to say that everyone should go into a draft instead of the takeover thing then we should just switch to that. I'm in line to take over World Class and I wouldn't take but 3-4 of those guys because the biggest & best names on that roster just don't really fit what I have planned for Southwest so I have no real stake in keeping things the way they are.

Everyone going into a draft still doesn't really increase your odds of new talent that much though because you'd still only get a maximum of 2 guys.

If your tired of it and don't care, then let the conversation happen without you. A week ago you threatened to quit, so your loyalty to the longevity of the project is suspect. Don't get me wrong, I know you've got a life outside of the 1983 fantasy wrestling project, as do I, but I am also in for the long haul and have no reason to stop. I want to make sure it is run smoothly as possible and if I have something to say, I am going to say it. If i were to get two new people from a roster, I'd be happy with that. If they could fit with the plan and make Mid South better, I'd be all for it. It would also increase my likelihood to be more creative. All of these things are positives.

Yeah, Rocket, just throw up some quick results with whatever notes about specifics on each show. There's no reason to feel like you need to do a full write-up on catch-up shows. Just do a x vs. y with whatever details are necessary thing until you are caught up on dates. Unless you want to be done. If you do, then that is your choice and I won't argue. But if you do want to stay, just wrtie stuff up in whatever way you need to to keep up. This project benefits a lot from more people being involved than a small amount of promotions.

Whatever. If you're on the goc hate wagon go ahead and ride it. That wasn't a "threat to quit" it was a notification that I might not be posting shows for a bit and I would let people know if I was going to drop out instead of just disappearing.

If really think I'm likely to quit then you should still be in favor of the current takeover strategy considering you're in line to take Southwest.

Disappoints me too, would love to have him tearing it up in a Southern promotion. Hickerson rules. I first became aware of him during PY Chu Hi in the magazines and thought he was a joke, old fat guy with a dumb gimmick (I was young and stupid). When I actually got to see his matches (included as PY Chu Hi) , I was blown away.