Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc/Dibiase vs Guerreros 7/26/85

This is a NO DQ cage match. We get an early shine. A smart cut off sets up the heat, but it's just a tease. We are still in a shine. The Guerrreos are really cutting edge. Doc eye rakes Chavo and now we get a heat. Dibiase puts Chavo into the cage. The heels are really working the cut. Comeback. Chavo has the loaded glove. Al Madril turn.s heel. 3 1/4*

OMG vs Brad Armstrong 3/22/85

This was a lot of fun. We open up with some cat and mouse. Brad goes to work on the arm for a bit. This was fine. Gang cuts him off and uses his weight as an advantage. Armstrong shows decent fire fighting underneath. He tries a comeback and does an atomic drop. The Gang's weight is too much and Brad leg gives out. This pretty much leads finish. This was a lot of fun .

Steve Williams vs Hector Guerrero 10/11/85

I liked this. It was a fun bout. Hector working the arm early. Keeping Doc at Bay. Eventually Doc's superior strength is too much. Doc's work on top with high impact moves are well done, Between moves he'd just lean on him. Interesting stuff. 3 1/4*

Jose Lothario vs Gino Hernandez (1/19/79)

This is the true definition of what a Texas Death Match should be: a brutal stipulation. And Jesus does Lothario kick the crap out of Gino here. Fall after fall after fall. One tactical consideration: is there any real reason to go for the cover? Because you're giving the opponent the chance to get a timeout, so why give them the respite? If it was me, I wouldn't cover. And at one point Gino even seems to submit as a tactical move.

I was really surprised by the finish to this, but it was worked real smart and seemed like a very gruelling stipulation.

***3/4

Wahoo McDaniel vs Terry Funk / Wahoo McDaniel vs. Gino Hernandez (2/6/81)

Cool stip with some very logical booking going here as the heel loses with a flash pin allowing a two on one beatdown of our hero.

Gino Herndandez seems to be coming out of this footage with his reputation enhanced, and I thought the second match (which is the main one here) told a great story after the early beatdown by Funk. Double juice, violent, sympathetic babyface. Real good and enjoyable stuff here. The NWA Classics service is already terrific value. Wahoo is such a great face. This would suggest that there's a Wahoo vs. Race in the pipeline.

Funks vs Lothario/Mascaras 1/7/79

I enjoyed this bout. The 1 st fall wasn't much. Though we see Dory look really aggressive throwing some nasty European Forearms that woke the crowd up. Other than that it was basic tag team wrestling with the faces controlling the action. They'd tag in and out. They cut the ring in 1/2. We'd see blocking. In the end the Funks would steal a fall.

The 2nd fall the Funks get heat on Lothario was really well done. When Lothario made his comeback the Funks gave everything back and pinballed their asses off for Lothario's punches and Russian leg sweep. The 2nd fall was really great.

The 3rd fall was fun as well. The punches between Jose and Terry were tremendous. We see Mil shine by incorporating his highspots. Plus the finish was good stuff. I enjoyed this match. 3*

Awww hell yea! Ask and you shall receive! I asked Bruce Tharpe on twitter earlier in the week if he was planning on uploading any midget matches and the new update includes Little Tokyo vs. Little Coco. Paul Boesch is killing me at the beginning of this match giving us the run down on the difference between midgets and dwarves. This was a lot of fun, the wrestling was good and the comedy spots were really funny. I fucking love Little Tokyo. WATCH THIS!

Loser Leaves Town Tuxedo Street Fight Coal Miners Glove Steel Cage Match: Hacksaw Duggan d. Ted DiBiase 3/22/85

This match is the most famous one in the History of Houston, and maybe in Mid-South. I like that we have no commentating. The crowd is about as hot as I've ever heard. This is an epic brawl. Duggan is busted open minutes into this big time. Dibiase just works that cut over with punches and precision like fist drops. When Duggan makes his comebacks the place becomes unglued. Duggan gets the glove. Dibiase puts powder in his eyes so he can get the glove from him. Dibiase misses a fist drop and hurts his hand. Duggan begins fucking up the hand. Duggan gets the glove and KO's Ted for the pin. A super epic match. 5*

Rock N Roll Express vs Dibiase/Doc 5/3/85

They work over Morton to start. They turn the tide and work over Doc's arm momentarily. The heels turn the tide and begin to work over Gibson. Rn running wild with drop kicks and punches. Rock N Roll back on the arm. Morton runs into Doc. Dibiase delivers a backbreaker Morton shows some fire and attempts a slam, but his back gives out. The heels go back to it. Ted misses a charge. Morton hot tag. We got a couple of visual pins. Gibson has Doc covered. Dibiase loads the glove and KO's Gibson for the 3. We get a great promo afterwards. 3 3/4*

Current list of matches I have watched from NWAClassics.com that I have watched and whether I would recommend checking them out

Ted DiBiase vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Loser Leaves Town, Tuxedo Cage with Coal Miner's Glove On A Pole Match - You should buy a subscription just to see this match!

Buddy Landell vs Butch Reed - Shoe Shine Match - I can't recommend this enough for all the post match stuff. Some of the most enjoyable wrestling "BS" you'll ever see. If this doesn't make you laugh out loud then....well it damn well SHOULD!

Little Tokyo vs. Little Coco - I am a mark for midget matches from the 80s but I still think this should be enjoyable for everyone. Watch this.

Rock N Roll Express vs. Buddy Landell & Masao Ito - This is a really fun RNR Express match. It's formula but their formula was great and Landell & Ito make an interesting team.

Butch Reed vs. Dutch Mantel - Great performance by both guys even if the match was only good. If that makes sense. Still definitely worth your time.

Mark Reagan vs. Pat Rose - This is actually a pretty darn good match. Watch this to see how good Pat Rose was at getting 7 minutes out of a green babyface that someone wanted him to make look good.

Dick Murdoch vs. Al Perez - Another match where a veteran gets a good match out of a young guy who might not be that good. I enjoyed this, I would say it's worth the 8-9 minutes of your time.

Sonny King vs. Masao Ito - I enjoyed this although it was a bit slow at times. I like Masao Ito and Sonny King is perfectly acceptable here. Borderline but I still would recommend it.

Magnum TA vs. Butch Reed - I'd like to recommend this one to you, but I can't. Just not enough meat in this match for how long it was.

Butch Reed vs. Kamala - I usually like these two against each other but after Reed kicked his ass at the beginning this one just felt like one long Kamala nerve hold. Finish stunk also. Not recommended.

Jim Duggan, Junkyard Dog & Tito Santana vs. Butch Reed, Krusher Krushev & Nikolai Volkoff - I was so hype to see this match. It's really not very good. It's elimination style and all the eliminations kind of suck.

I think that's everything I've seen so far. If you want me to watch a match that's up and review it shout them out. I have only watched 11 matches so far but I already feel like I got my $9 worth for the month and as you can see, it's not like I have been picking the biggest main event matches to watch.

How come magnum travelled with Ric?

Well at that point the NWA was falling apart. It was a way to protect his champion from a double cross. This is just speculation , plus Magnum was hot off of WTBS. So they'd farm a match out instead of just the champ.

• Loss unpinned this topic