Pro Wrestling Only

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Tyler Breeze at NXT Takeover in Brooklyn on 8/22

KrisZ

Oliver Stone's next conspiracy bullshit project, "ROH vs NXT", coming to theaters full of nobody.

And this the idea that Vince is scared of Sinclair Brosdcasting. Seriously, what kind of weed makes you think that? Cause I want some.

Meltzer sure thinks this whole this is about countering ROH, but I'm sure you know better :P

Absolutely about countering them. But countering is not fearing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice showcase for Liger, maybe he's on the HOF docket for next year. I'm sure they'll play up how he's on the network also.

ROH announced their show months before NXT, why would they either change it now, or my personal favorite, move their outdoor show (in August) to the middle of the afternoon to accommodate the WWE? Fuck that.

This is a company that apparently just let someone go who'd been around for 20-odd years because she lost out to Bruce Sharpe on negotiating for the Houston Footage. Vince is petty. It's hardly news.

I am pretty sure that was just Bruce Tharpe taking the opportunity to hype NWA Classics. I don't think that's the reason she really got fired, or at least not the only reason.

it is hard to say with a straight face that Triple H isn't trying to counter attack against Ring of Honor when for the 2nd time in a year they have booked a show at the same time and day after a ring of Honor show was booked. The ROH show during WM weekend was booked months before NXT show.

I don't think they are trying to destroy Ring of Honor but they are definitely trying to put a dent to them as the #2 company right now. And ROH is definitely the #2 company right now unless you are delusional enough to think TNA is still strong

ROH announced their show months before NXT, why would they either change it now, or my personal favorite, move their outdoor show (in August) to the middle of the afternoon to accommodate the WWE? Fuck that.

Well the last time it happened they were lucky that there was a couple thousand extra fans from across the world that they can absorb both at the same time. Not sure if that will work in August in New York during Summerslam weekend.

it is hard to say with a straight face that Triple H isn't trying to counter attack against Ring of Honor when for the 2nd time in a year they have booked a show at the same time and day after a ring of Honor show was booked. The ROH show during WM weekend was booked months before NXT show.

I don't think they are trying to destroy Ring of Honor but they are definitely trying to put a dent to them as the #2 company right now. And ROH is definitely the #2 company right now unless you are delusional enough to think TNA is still strong

Well the last time it happened they were lucky that there was a couple thousand extra fans from across the world that they can absorb both at the same time. Not sure if that will work in August in New York during Summerslam weekend.

You act like RoH was innocently booking shows in SF and NY because they just want to do their own thing only to have the evil WWE swoop in and put shows in the same cities to show them who the boss is. The reality is RoH (smartly so) tried to capitalize on the massive growth of wrestling fans who will happen to be in the area for the weekend for WWE shows. RoH isn't totally innocent in engaging in this practice. There's nothing wrong with it but they are clearly piggybacking off WWE here. The WWE has the same right to piggybacking using NXT. Too fucking bad if its the same night as RoH's.

I don't know if there as much deliberately going at ROH, more so than the thinking of "What's the best night of a weekend to run our minor league brand before our big show?" - and by happenstance it duplicates with ROH (it did at Mania only because HoF was Saturday).

ROH is already selling Supercard of Honor tickets for next April, can't blame them.

Oliver Stone's next conspiracy bullshit project, "ROH vs NXT", coming to theaters full of nobody.

And this the idea that Vince is scared of Sinclair Brosdcasting. Seriously, what kind of weed makes you think that? Cause I want some.

Johnny , Sinclair Broadcasting can buy the WWE three times and have changed left over. That is a fact . Do you you think the Sinclair chairman , David M. Smith , is afraid or concerned about the WWE ? Of course not. , he could care less about Vince .. The WWE is a the leader in the wrestling business , but in Wall Street's eyes it is a small oddball company. You should google the WWE stock and Sinclair stock . Than compare the two and see which one you would buy.

According to Dave, WWE is calling around to arenas that book ROH in order to get exclusive deals for those buildings to run NXT shows only.

So... the same stuff they did in 1984?

They were doing it up through the 90s too. The only building WCW could run during the Monday Night Wars here in Pittsburgh was the AJ Palumbo Center where Duquesne University plays basketball.

I don't really understand that point of WWE going after ROH though. I mean it's not like they haven't benefited from ROH being around.

The only thing I can even think of is if this is like a Vince experiment to see if HHH is capable of doing a "head to head" promotion war with NXT vs. ROH.

Dave had reported last year that WWE tried to block a bunch of the ROH/DUSA/EVOLVE and WrestleCon folks from getting buildings near Santa Clara, where they ran Mania, as they felt those companies were trying to ride their coattails. Being that they were unsuccessful in blocking them from finding buildings, perhaps they think their next step is to use NXT to corner the smart fan market and keep those fans at WWE-branded shows rather than ROH shows.

Dave had reported last year that WWE tried to block a bunch of the ROH/DUSA/EVOLVE and WrestleCon folks from getting buildings near Santa Clara, where they ran Mania, as they felt those companies were trying to ride their coattails. Being that they were unsuccessful in blocking them from finding buildings, perhaps they think their next step is to use NXT to corner the smart fan market and keep those fans at WWE-branded shows rather than ROH shows.

I can understand them fighting back against people trying to run shows near WrestleMania & SummerSlam. But the thing about trying to lock ROH out of certain arenas seems like way more than that.

According to Dave, WWE is calling around to arenas that book ROH in order to get exclusive deals for those buildings to run NXT shows only.

Is that in the newsletter? I don't see it on Twitter.

He replied to a thread on the board about it:

Next chapter

Phone rings at building ROH books: "Hello, this is ----- from WWE. We love your building and would like to run it."

Building rep: But it's only 1,500 seats and you don't run buildings this size

WWE rep: Well, we have this new brand catering to smaller buildings and we just love your building.

Building rep: We'd love to have you.

WWE rep: Well, there is one thing.

He also said another source told him something is coming up but Dave thinks that person might not know he already knows about the building thing.

They basically see ROH as direct competition to NXT for the internet fan market, and I don't think that's inaccurate. It is peculiar to see them apparently lash out so hard at the company that was more or less the real source of talent that made NXT a favorite to begin with.