Pro Wrestling Only

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Tyler Breeze at NXT Takeover in Brooklyn on 8/22

KrisZ

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the bigger picture ramifications of this? Liger isn't taking a booking on his own against NJPW talent a few subway stops away. Any details on all of this yet?

This is what is really the most interesting part of it. I mean I guess if you're New Japan and WWE asks you, do you want to risk pissing them off?

What are the bigger picture ramifications of this? Liger isn't taking a booking on his own against NJPW talent a few subway stops away. Any details on all of this yet?

This is what is really the most interesting part of it. I mean I guess if you're New Japan and WWE asks you, do you want to risk pissing them off?

Only if the price is better than what you're getting from the ROH relationship long-term.

The biggest short term question is how is this impacting the Field of Honor show that as of now is running head to head with NXT Takeover. We still have another month to go but the idea of ROH running a ballpark show at the same time is moronic even if it has more popular New Japan stars

The biggest short term question is how is this impacting the Field of Honor show that as of now is running head to head with NXT Takeover. We still have another month to go but the idea of ROH running a ballpark show at the same time is moronic even if it has more popular New Japan stars

ROH has done a good advance for this show , almost 1,000 tickets sold so far ... Even with McMahon trying to sabotage the show , ROH will still draw over 2,000 for this show. This could end up being the largest ROH crowd ever.Also it is a sold show, so running the show is not moronic . ROH will make money.

However it is sad that the WWE is trying to bury ROH . I guess the WWE is paranoid about Sinclair Broadcasting buying ROH . They is really nothing the WWE can do about ROH . Sure they can run head to head and steal some talent. In the end ROH is still of Sinclair . a much larger and wealthier company than the WWE .

If this doesn't convince Sinclair to loosen the purse strings a little at this point nothing will and I think we may see a slow decline for ROH in that case. Meltzer alluded to further political maneuverings between NXT and ROH that have not yet come to light too.

Man, good for Liger. He'll probably be wrestling in front of a sold out crowd at a major NYC arena in in a hyped match, after all these years. No one deserves the validation more than he does.

How is working for Vince McMahon validation for anyone ?

I think Liger will get a kick out of being treated like a legend in front of a large NYC crowd working for the world's biggest company.

ROH has done a good advance for this show , almost 1,000 tickets sold so far ... Even with McMahon trying to sabotage the show , ROH will still draw over 2,000 for this show. This could end up being the largest ROH crowd ever.Also it is a sold show, so running the show is not moronic . ROH will make money.

However it is sad that the WWE is trying to bury ROH . I guess the WWE is paranoid about Sinclair Broadcasting buying ROH . They is really nothing the WWE can do about ROH . Sure they can run head to head and steal some talent. In the end ROH is still of Sinclair . a much larger and wealthier company than the WWE .

I don't really blame WWE for anything they do to try and boost sales for the NXT show, given ROH wouldn't even be running New York on that date if it wasn't for WWE and Summerslam being there on the same weekend.

Oliver Stone's next conspiracy bullshit project, "ROH vs NXT", coming to theaters full of nobody.

And this the idea that Vince is scared of Sinclair Brosdcasting. Seriously, what kind of weed makes you think that? Cause I want some.

Meltzer sure thinks this whole this is about countering ROH, but I'm sure you know better :P