Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/3-8/10

Loss

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really cool and makes me hope they'll try that in other markets. In a post-PPV world, they could even do multi-day singular-themed shows if they wanted. I know King of the Ring was a mixed bag when it was around, but that would be an awesome thing to bring back as a two or three night event.

I wonder if they would have sold as many tickets if the swapped out the NXT show for a main roster show with another “hook”? Like if instead of running an NXT show say they ran a one night tournament with Cena, Orton, Reigns, Owens, Cesaro, ect. to determine who gets to face Rollins the next day, would that sell out? If they did what Loss alluded to and ran a singular main roster event but spread it out over two days (a tournament or just a monster two-night SummerSlam card with 5-6 matches each night) could they sell 13,000 seats for the first night? My gut feeling is that they could but there is no way of knowing until they actually attempt something like that. I am less certain that a show advertised as “Saturday Night RAW” without any big matches would sell as many seats as NXT did, but again, who knows.

That doesn’t mean that NXT isn’t a draw or that selling 13,000 seats for an NXT show is not impressive. I would just be curious to see how well some of those alternatives would do by comparison.

hmm, interesting. Gotta wonder if they have finally cleared him. It seemed like only a matter of time since his own doctors gave him the green light. I know the WWE docs were hesitant to clear him, but I can't imagine Bryan would agree to just let it go already so I doubt this is a retirement announcement or anything like that.

Plus with the way business has been going I'd have to think the temptation of bringing back one of their top draws would be too much for them to resist.

there's still time to vacate the IC title and do a little 3 round IC title tournament to crown a new champ. Bryan could announce that he's back and entered in the tourney and the finals could be at Summerslam.

honestly even if Bryan's not back I still think that's what they should do with the IC title. Not sure why Ryback gets to sit home with the title and no TV exposure for the title at all when other guys have vacated it fairly quickly in recent years due to injury. Staph infections are kind of unpredictable so you'd think with an injury so indefinite in nature they'd have vacated the title right away so they can make use of it.

With Cena as face holding the US title it seems like the perfect time to have a heel IC champ talking trash every week to build up heat for an eventual Bryan or Ryback return to challenge for the title.

They should give him a Summerslam jobber match vs Slater or someone if he's back.

I LOVE the idea of Stephanie telling him he has to start from the bottom and programming him with someone like Slater to start. They could stretch that out for two years and just let the crowd determine how far to take it.

They should give him a Summerslam jobber match vs Slater or someone if he's back.

I LOVE the idea of Stephanie telling him he has to start from the bottom and programming him with someone like Slater to start. They could stretch that out for two years and just let the crowd determine how far to take it.

That is absolutely a terrible idea and one that the crowds will no doubt refuse to play along with.

yeah I could see him having competitive matches with lower-mid card guys for months and making everyone look like a million bucks in the process ala Cena's current US title run.

Going all the way back to his ROH title run in 2006 a lot of my favorite Bryan title defenses were against guys that you know had no chance of winning like Delirious or Jimmy Jacobs...Bryan would get such great matches out of those guys...I'd love to see something like that again.

Miz has really turned the corner and is a tremendous persona now, as opposed to a guy working hard to act like a tremendous persona. There's a confidence there that wasn't there before. He seems to deliver in every segment he's in these days. It makes me feel bad that he was pushed a little too soon and too hard.

Miz has been on good form since he returned with the Hollywood heel gimmick. I think the Sandow stunt double act got people so excited that the Miz's work went under the radar.

That is absolutely a terrible idea and one that the crowds will no doubt refuse to play along with.

I challenge you to make ten consecutive posts with no naysaying.

That's a great idea and one where the crowd can easily be conditioned to go along for the ride.

That's a great idea and one where the crowd can easily be conditioned to go along for the ride.

That's an average idea and one that the crowds will have no strong feelings for either way.

That's an average idea and one that the crowds will have no strong feelings for either way.

Crowds can easily be conditioned, especially when they like someone as much as they love Bryan. That's what makes the idea so great.

To me, the best part about it is that it'd hedge the bets. It doesn't put Bryan in a essential role but it still puts him in a valuable one so if he gets hurt again, it doesn't destroy anything; in the mean time he works as a special attraction.

And if he can show that he's going to be healthy over time, you can ramp it up.

I really don't understand why people want to see a guy who A: has multiple concussions on record and most likely several more off the record and B: shows no sign of being willing/able to tone his style down return to the ring. Yes it sucks if we never see him wrestle again but that should be preferable to him becoming a Junior Seau or worse a Chris Benoit one day.

I just don't know if I could deal with people whining about how he's not in the main event. Hell, they were trying out a variation of Loss' idea by making him IC champ and people complained about that. Making him a deliberate opening guy match is asking for trouble.

There is an 18 page thread on wrestlingforum of people crying about Randy Orton poking fun at Kevin Owens' weight in a tiny little throwaway line from last night. I'd rather not even see Daniel Bryan come back if it's just going to lead to a bunch of 'OH MY GOD HE ISN'T GOING TO MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA~!!!" bullshit.

It isn't that I don't want to see the Bryan storyline play out the way Loss described it. It is that I don't think the fans will buy it...in the long term, especially when you have the guy that Daniel Bryan should be beating 8 out of 10 times be their world champion. I don't want tp see the fans hijack events because he is wrestling jobbers instead of main eventers. I think believing the fans will be "conditioned" to go for the ride gives them too much credit. Didn't someone just throw a briefcase at Roman Reigns's head? The one positive I do see from the idea is if Daniel Bryan was willing to reinvent his wrestling style by getting low impact moves over so that he doesn't have to do the dives and the top rope headbutts and the front dropkick into the corner and any other stuff that he does that is dangerous. But I am not sure Bryan would even be willing to do that either. It's not fun to read naysayer posts, I get that, but that is the fault of the company for instilling this level of distrust in them and their mindset. Of course in a perfect world this would work..but alas, this isn't a perfect world.