Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/3-8/10

Loss

Why worry about the rest of the rest ofthe net when we have pwo? Why worry about shitty wwe wrestling when there is awesome wrestling alternatives out there? Same boat.

Well I'm in total agreement there. Which is why I don't understand the "habit" excuse of watching Raw. I can see wrestling as a habit but why is Raw a habit? You can just as easily get your "Monday night wrestling fix" in a myriad of other, better ways.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why worry about the rest of the rest ofthe net when we have pwo? Why worry about shitty wwe wrestling when there is awesome wrestling alternatives out there? Same boat.

Well I'm in total agreement there. Which is why I don't understand the "habit" excuse of watching Raw. I can see wrestling as a habit but why is Raw a habit? You can just as easily get your "Monday night wrestling fix" in a myriad of other, better ways.

I agree, I don't get it. However I see people say that all the time.

I have found that most of the time the habit thing is used because it sounds better than "I watch it so I can shit on it with all my internet buddies" especially since it usually comes up after someone is asked why they watch a show they seem to really hate.

There is a definite subsection of people watching Raw to try and find the best zinger or most poignant criticism which I feel has started to leak over into the smarkier live crowds who still shit on guys like Roman Reigns despite them having a killer year in ring. Because geez look at how much awesome material would be lost if we couldn't make jokes about sufferin succotash or "MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG"

There is a definite subsection of people watching Raw to try and find the best zinger or most poignant criticism which I feel has started to leak over into the smarkier live crowds who still shit on guys like Roman Reigns despite them having a killer year in ring. Because geez look at how much awesome material would be lost if we couldn't make jokes about sufferin succotash or "MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG"

I think they're called "Twitter Users."

And Wreddit and Wrestlingforum.com and probably some other cesspools I haven't waded into.

I was just accused of being a "white knight" for WWE on WF the other day because I pointed out how ridiculous someone's "I think WWE is going to put themselves out of business soon" thread was and brought up the fact that people have been saying the equivalent of "WWE is going to go out of business because they aren't booking the way I want them to" since about 2002.

I think I've read here by people who have a semi-professional interest in getting twitter followers that you almost HAVE to live tweet Raw. That it's when you'll have the most eyes on your "content." I also imagine the reaction shows are some of the most popular on the podcast feed, though I don't know that to be certain.

I did pick up a couple twitter followers by making jokes about The Undertaker breaking his hip in the pull apart and WWE officials freaking out backstage over needing to find a new SummerSlam main event so that's probably true. But the stuff I read on twitter is almost never even close to as bad as some of the stuff on the boards I mentioned.

Outside of Dylan I don't follow too many people who live tweet Raw though so I could have a skewed opinion. But there are still a bunch of people who tweet about what they like when I check out the hash tags. The casual fan reaction is more likely to be captured by twitter more than anywhere else.

People like to be a part of something and you can never be as part of something as in the moment it's happening. I think some people would rather be part of something that's happening that they don't enjoy and feel that sense of community and belonging than experience something that they actually enjoy something that's lapsed or that doesn't have the same instant social fix.

I've made the argument for watching Raw as a habit before. It's probably more like I always find something I enjoy about Raw, even on the really bad shows. I'm also someone who's 22 years old and only started watching wrestling in 2000. I don't have memories of a different time or whatever. I do make fun of WWE a lot on Twitter, but I also make sure to point out the things that I enjoy.

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that I'm easily pleased in wrestling and it takes a lot for me to stop watching a product consistently.

People who watch to complain don't exist. They aren't real. I refuse to believe that they are. If you think that, name names instead of talking about this boogeyman watcher who apparently just lives to complain complain complain. It should be easy if there as many of these unicorns out there as some seem to think there are. I do think lots of people watch and react honestly to what they see, which is what we want people to do I would think. Other people should stop being concerned with how many of their opinions are positive or negative and instead just be happy they are watching and talking. If you're tired of negativity, a better show would cure that, so direct your anger toward WWE and leave people alone about not loving everything they see.

I feel like you are totally creating a strawman out of my post. I specifically stated where this stuff exists and none of them had anything to do with people here so I can't "name names" other than wrestlingforum.com, Wreddit & the wrestling section of SomethingAwful forums which is where I have specifically seen people say that they watch Raw live so they can make fun of it in the Gameday Thread.

Are we really going to act like hate watching ISN'T an internet phenomena that also exists outside of wrestling fandom? http://io9.com/is-hate-watching-bad-for-you-1654143313

I'm not creating a strawman out of your post. I just think it's much easier to say "You're being too negative" than it is to say "Here's my thoughtful response that explains why I disagree with you on this point". It's not about being too positive or too negative, it's about making interesting points that others can understand, whether they agree with them or not.

Oh there are people that watch just to complain especially one or two on this board.

The deal with me is that it's live every week so that adds a factor that no other wrestling show does basically at least in the United States. I don't watch Smackdown much at all....NXT just what I need to see....etc etc because they are taped shows.

People who watch to complain don't exist. They aren't real. I refuse to believe that they are. If you think that, name names instead of talking about this boogeyman watcher who apparently just lives to complain complain complain. It should be easy if there as many of these unicorns out there as some seem to think there are. I do think lots of people watch and react honestly to what they see, which is what we want people to do I would think. Other people should stop being concerned with how many of their opinions are positive or negative and instead just be happy they are watching and talking. If you're tired of negativity, a better show would cure that, so direct your anger toward WWE and leave people alone about not loving everything they see.

There's a chance a lot are just being trolls, but there's a ton of people on the WO forums who hate watch. I don't wade into the live show threads very much anymore because it's full of people who only post on how bad they think the show is and that shit gets tiring real fast.

Maybe. But the majority of the time they invalidate any point they might have by being ridiculously over the top about it like saying that Kevin Owens was buried by Cena and is now just a jobber and should have quit rather than agree to tap out, Roman Reigns/Sheamus are TERRIBLE and should be released, saying damn near every loss anyone ever suffers to John Cena is a BURIAL even when it's guys like Zach Ryder or Stardust. Almost anything that includes the word burial just makes my eyes gloss over at this point.

Along with your generous helping of essentially wishing death on Vince McMahon while acting like HHH is the messiah who will lead us into wrestling's promised land.

To be fair to goc, I could find many threads on Reddit that are pretty damn terrible and smarky. I mean, there are still multiple threads a week there about how terrible Roman Reigns is. This board is kind of a bubble, and part of the reason I visit places like Wreddit is to remember how bad many "smart" fans are.

It's been funny watching the Full Sail crowd shit over every mention of the next Takeover show because they have to mention it being in Brooklyn every time. It's like a clash of everything mentioned in the "what's wrong with current WWE thread", with annoying entitled smart fans vs a company with a giant boner to troll their fans.

I've really grown to hate the Full Sail crowds. Not as much as the Boyle Heights crowds on LU, but they're just awful and definitely go into business for themselves even during big matches, like Becky-Sasha.

With the Full Sail crowds, it's a case of the chickens coming home to roost. They built up NXT as the cool kids club, and now that they want to expand past that they are getting a backlash of sorts.

I never got annoyed at the LU crowd, but then I guess I just kind of accepted that wrestling crowds in 2015 are going to do what they do and there's no point getting mad about it/

Anyone watch Table For 3 on the Network? Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely fun stuff. It's basically Piper, Mean Gene, and Mr. Wonderful telling stories and laughing for a half-hour. Orndorff's handlebar mustache is majestic. When he said at the end that they should do it again soon, that was kind of heartbreaking.

I attended this week's Smackdown taping. It was probably my billionth live card but the first for my three year-old son. He knows Brock Lesnar is a big deal because of Heyman screaming his name on Raw most of the time. So when Jack Swagger was boring us to death against Big Show he kept screaming "Go Brock Lesnar!" When I told him it was Swagger in the ring he immediately started chanting "Go Jack Swagger!"

My son watches very little WWE but, man, did he get into this show. He copied every chant, loved clapping and stomping to rally the wrestlers and treated everyone like a star. Afterward he told me I was "the best dad".

The tickets were $15 because they were "limited view", meaning I was close enough to the stage to almost be behind it. Aside from the two Main Event matches there were only four TV matches. And they shoot this just like a TV show with long pauses with the lights out for commercials. I went to some tapings ten years ago and they played a 60-second music video a few times but the show kept moving.

Basically, WWE knew they had most of their roster already flying to Australia for a tour so they slapped together a dull show with very little of note and still charged full price admission. I won't complain too much because of the price and the fun I had with my son but I can't imagine there will be as many people eager to buy tickets again when WWE comes to town.