Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/3-8/10

Loss

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was actually a pretty damn good Raw. The near falls really worked for the Neville/Rollins match. They actually got the crowd with them.

The women's matches still aren't getting a lot of heat though. Hopefully that changes when they get into smarkier towns.

No Authority tonight!

And count the number of Rousey name drops! Shameless!

Something that struck me as unusual on NXT last week:

Kevin Owens came out for a squash match against former NXT signee Martin Stone (FKA Danny Burch), who I think lives in Florida now. The ring announcer called him "Martin Stone", so I was curious to see what name the announcers would give him...and they didn't. Not once did they refer to him by name, which must've been a deliberate choice. They didn't even refer to him as Danny Burch, which is a name they own. Felt really odd that the jobbers don't even get a name now, which in a way took the emphasis away from the ring apron powerbomb by taking than human element away from them.

Also of note: former TNA X-division wrestler Jessy Sorenson (he of the horrific neck break) getting squashed by Baron Corbin.

I just watched HULU RAW and it was fucking great, and nobody is really talking about it. (I'm not singling out this place, but in general) And yet, when the show isn't great, people are falling all over each other to be the first to tell you about how stinky it is. And that seems to be for everything, certainly not just wrestling, but every form of entertainment. Humans are fucking weird. 😃

Anyway, I hadn't really let Piper's death settle into my brain yet, until I saw the tribute on RAW, and the floodgates opened.

I just watched HULU RAW and it was fucking great, and nobody is really talking about it. (I'm not singling out this place, but in general) And yet, when the show isn't great, people are falling all over each other to be the first to tell you about how stinky it is. And that seems to be for everything, certainly not just wrestling, but every form of entertainment. Humans are fucking weird.

Anyway, I hadn't really let Piper's death settle into my brain yet, until I saw the tribute on RAW, and the floodgates opened.

Raw was pretty good this week. But isn't the Hulu version 90 minutes? If they cut even 60 off of it every week I think the general tone about the show would change dramatically. Its just tough to make a show longer than a PPV feel interesting every single week.

Oh, backing down ....I see. 😴

😆

On a serious note, I just watched Bayley beat Charlotte on NXT, and there was a little girl at ringside dressed up like Bayley, who was crying with joy. Then Owens in an interview said he wants the match with Balor at the Special to be a ladder match because he doesn't trust Regal and thinks he might use a crooked ref, so he wants a match where Regal can't fuck him. NXT is just great.

Backing down from what? From you?

I don't watch RAW. The show is 3 hours long and I would rather watch about 1000 other wrestling shows at any given time. On the last Reaction show, I even stated that I stopped watching the TV so I could be Johnny Ignorant and enjoy the PPVs. Maybe you forgot about that because you were too busy listening to your own voice.

Calm down, Susan.

I said RAW this week was great and people seem to choose to not talk about the show when it's great. The numbers show that, and there's not even a thread yet about this week. You, my fine feathered friend respond by saying you'll praise a show when I say one stinks. When I mention the fact that seems to imply you won't give a RAW praise you say truthfully that you don't watch the show. And proceed to insult me again , by implying that I'm ignorant....yet I'm the one who watched RAW, which is the show I was clearly talking about.

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, wait ... No ladies here... that Goodhelmet is not only a hostile witness, who is refusing to acknowledge me joking with him, but is just back pedaling and going FOX News style on me.

😘

Oh, and NXT just announced Liger vs Breeze at the special with a groovy hype video for Liger. MIND BLOWN, seeing that on WWE TV.

I admit to not watching Raw this week because they baited and switched me on getting an El Torito match. I may be the only person who quit watching Raw over that but I still matter and fuck them for getting me all excited about it.

Let's not go crazy here. It was a pretty good Raw, yes. However, was it a greatest Raw of all-time? Not even close.

Also, the reason there is no thread is because someone posted about this week's Raw in this thread, instead of starting a new one. It has nothing to do with the quality of the show.

People don't watch for the sole purpose to complain, they watch out of habit and out of love for wrestling.

People don't watch for the sole purpose to complain, they watch out of habit and out of love for wrestling.

Maybe not here but there is a large number of people on the internet who do. And force themselves to watch the full 3 hours live so they can all get together and circle jerk about how awful it is in a chat or forum.

Maybe not here but there is a large number of people on the internet who do. And force themselves to watch the full 3 hours live so they can all get together and circle jerk about how awful it is in a chat or forum.

Do I give a shit about other forums? No, I only go to pwo and that is not why people watch Raw here. Clearly people who would shit on it each week, don't watch and watch stuff they enjoy instead.

I don't think he is being hostile but it is true. Loss doesn't watch week to week but he gave a great outline in the WWE complaints thread about why the product isn't for him. I save my vitriol for the reaction shows which is the only WWE I watch. Why worry about the rest of the rest ofthe net when we have pwo? Why worry about shitty wwe wrestling when there is awesome wrestling alternatives out there? Same boat.