Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8-17 - 8/23

Grimmas

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really kind of undersold how amazing it is that WWE has managed 3 straight sellouts for what amounts of 10 hours of programming. They're taping an episode of TV after Takeover so there's 3 hours there, 4 at Summerslam, and 3 at Raw. This is probably the closest we'll ever get to that 10 hour marathon Japan show Dave will periodically mention he sat through once.

I've been critical of the booking like everyone else but I have to admit they've done a good job making Summerslam seem big this year. This year's card blows away last years and has been much better promoted. Other than Brock/Cena and Steph/Brie I can't remember anything being made to feel important last year. Remember Rollins/Ambrose was strangely buried despite being one of the hottest programs in the company at the time. Reigns/Orton was nothing much either. Much better job this year

I like Undertaker-Lesnar as a Summerslam main event a lot. I just don't ever want to see the match again after that, and it seems like both would be more valuable in matches with fresh opponents come that time. But for now, yes, they have done a good job building up Summerslam.

If they really wanted to get ballsy have Stewart come out during Cena/Rollins and everyone thinks he's there to screw over Rollins and bam he turns on Cena and helps Rollins win. Next night he says he and Rollins made up after Seth showed respect to him by giving him the commemorative title and honoring his run on TDS. Stewart works a brief program as Seth's mouthpiece and then they do something at the September PPV to blow things off. Yeah not happening but it would fun

I watched a little bit of the show so far, mostly caught the Reigns/Harper match and then the Rusev-Ziggler angle.

Last time I saw Reigns was at Wrestlemania and he looked pretty impressive going up against Lesnar. Tonight not so much. It looked like all his offense was comprised of spots with varying degrees of elaborate setup. I don't know if it was just today or if I didn't notice it previously, but many of his moves had some hokey, unnecessary movement. Made him seem really unnatural and too cooperative when running through his stuff, although Harper was pretty good on his end.

The Rusev/Lana/Ziggler stuff was fairly entertaining. How did Rusev turn from Russian to Bulgarian in the storyline?

Also saw the hype video for Lesnar-Taker and I thought that was well done.