Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV from November 2nd to 7th of 2015

Grimmas

Vince doing his best impression of Lumberg from Office Space on the phone with Cena and Brock right now, "yeaaaah, I'm gonna need you to come in this weekend".

Seth should be commended for finishing the match after his knee basically exploded. I'm amazed he was even able to move after that.

Agreed, Seth is actually a pretty badass dude. But we should all know that after some of the beatings he's taken from Lesnar. Some stiff stuff.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MITB grants the holder a title match anytime for up to one year. If the title is vacant, there is no 'match' to have. Even if Sheamus wanted to have a match against a lower tiered guy, what if that guy wins. Imagine Zack Ryder as WHC or Curtis Axel? It would be interesting, but very foolish for Sheamus to do it. Also, WWE just handing the belt to Sheamus as a default would setup an interesting/stupid precedent. Imagine WWE allowing Sandow to win MITB again and the champion Brock Lesnar goes down with an injury, due to the Sheamus Precedent- Sandow would become champion simply by 'cashing in' on the vacant title.

WWE needs to get rid of MITB. I would like MITB a bit more if there rules were more defined (what can't and can be done with the cash in opportunity). I would also like for the match (not matches) to include people who have never been champion or had a WHC within the last year.

I think if they changed the rules of MITB that the champion has advance notice of the match (ie. RVD announcing he would cash at the ECW event), it would go a long way in establishing MITB as a legitimate prize to be had to establish the holder's value. Right now it is just too easy for a midcarder to grab the briefcase in midst of chaos and then cashing in at the "opportune" times of a fallen champion. It does nothing for the title, the new champion and even the former champion. Again it really seemed like RVD was the most legitimate of MITB challenges because he was man enough to tell Cena when it was going down. They almost did that with Daniel Bryan insisting he would cash in at Wrestlemania but either the WWE changed their minds and incorporated the cash in for his heel turn or it was a red herring all along.

what happens if Sheamus were to cash in while the title is vacant? a smart heel would at least try it. shouldn't he just be able to claim the title? In WWE logic it would make sense.

WWE should at least reference it at this point. If they don't want to go that route they could just throw it off with a one liner like, "The MITB hold must cash it in on a champ and it can't be done if there is no champ."

Continuity has never been WWE's strong suit, so it's not like they'd have to hold onto it if something changed later.

2015 Sheamus is colder than penguin piss. His return with the new look and the "bully" shtick was enjoyable for about a month, but then the Even Steven booking got tacked onto the act - and he was quickly trading wins with Dolph Ziggler for three months straight. And, truth be told, that was the hottest he's been since the comeback. The briefcase has done nothing to strengthen his status.

Call me crazy, but 2012 Sheamus had developed into a strong main event worker. I really enjoyed everything with the Big Show, Del Rio, Dolph, and Bryan from that year. In terms of in-ring bouts, I'd be fine with Sheamus having a run up top. But, as a character and a viable player, he does nothing for me. The guy would require some MAJOR rehabbing first and foremost.

At this point, I'm crossing my fingers & hoping they find a way to work some sort of Edge/Kennedy deal where they switch the briefcase over to somebody else. Barrett backstabbing Sheamus and getting the contract to reignite the "Bad News" gimmick would be fun, but it'd ultimately leave them with the same issue of needing to reheat a guy from scratch.

My pick might be Del Rio. He's fresh off the return and the Cena match. Plus I'd get a kick out of seeing Zeb transport the briefcase from place to place via the little cart on the front of his scooter. Turn up the arrogance on Del Rio, give an edge of danger to his Armbar again, and let Zeb go full throttle into the Ron Wright tribute act. I'd absolutely be on board for all of that.

Call me crazy, but 2012 Sheamus had developed into a strong main event worker. I really enjoyed everything with the Big Show, Del Rio, Dolph, and Bryan from that year. In terms of in-ring bouts, I'd be fine with Sheamus having a run up top.

Agreed, he'd be my pick for best WWE in-ring worker that year. Great matches with a wide variety of opponents on a consistent basis.

What makes Barrett a better MITB holder than Sheamus? I think in the secret hierarchy they see Sheamus on a level above Barrett. The last truly significant thing they have done with Barrett is the initial Nexus angle where he was seen as the ringleader of a dangerous group. I am not counting the KOTR win because it hasn't been treated like a big deal in years.

The weird thing about Sheamus is that on paper there's nothing bad about him. His matches are usually pretty good, they revamped his look (even though I'm not a fan of the Jack Sparrow beard beads), but there's something about the MITB gimmick that is just the kiss of death for the guy.

The weird thing about Sheamus is that on paper there's nothing bad about him. His matches are usually pretty good, they revamped his look (even though I'm not a fan of the Jack Sparrow beard beads), but there's something about the MITB gimmick that is just the kiss of death for the guy.

He was dead on the water before the MITB win too. He's in the same place Del Rio was before he left. Very good in the ring but crowd could care less about the guy.

PWI is reporting that Cena v Undertaker is on the books for mania. Well now.

also they are still planning on HHH v Rock

Dave said he was told something different "out of the blue" for both Cena and Undertaker yesterday morning, but also said WWE is trying to play him against MKJ by leaking different WM lineups to both of them.

PWI is reporting that Cena v Undertaker is on the books for mania. Well now.

also they are still planning on HHH v Rock

Dave said he was told something different "out of the blue" for both Cena and Undertaker yesterday morning, but also said WWE is trying to play him against MKJ by leaking different WM lineups to both of them.

So does he think that either one of them have the actual lineup or are they both red herrings?

They probably have no real plan at this point and just publicly floating ideas to see what the reactions are.

Well if we are ignoring the fact that Vince has never really not plan for a Wrestlemania this late in tbe year, there is still the rumors/tidbit of information that Vince had worked on the Wrestlemania card in the early summer and had gone 6 matches deep in planning already. So I am sure they have a great idea where they are going into Wrestlemania. Obviously plans can and does change due to whatever factors pop up unexpectedly but the general plan is already in place.