Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

I thought the Jax/Bayley match as good. I was really high on their first match on first watch, but when I went back to it I was disappointed. The layout was fantastic, but the delivery was just eh. I thought Nia was better this time around, though things did sort of meander a bit for me in places. I am just not sure Nia is completely ready to take a bigger role. I like her, but there is a pretty noticeable drop off when she isn't just smashing women.

I imagine Bayley is going up soon. It looks like they are also positioning Bliss and Carmella to take a bigger role. Asuka is about to have a lot of weight on her shoulders.

On a different note, I am surprisingly excited for Joe vs Balor in the cage. This feud really made Balor interesting to me again and honestly has the sort of urgency that reminds me of some of the better ROH builds during its prime.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax beat Bayley,bad. It's part of Bayley's redemption story. It doesn't mean she's "buried" or any of that shit, it's just logical storytelling. Bayley needs to find out why she got to the title in the first place and she might hit a few road bumps on the roaf that she didn't anticipate before

Bayley is at a very interesting place that not a lot of wrestlers find themselves. She can suffer a loses for the next 3 months and then put into a WHC title and still be seen as a threat. This is the best time for WWE to get some of the Bayley magic rubbed off onto the rest of the roster. Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky had the benefits of working with each other Emma, Paige, Natalie, and Bayley in NXT. As it stands right now Asuka and Bayley are the only women left with any real workrate and magic. Athena, Billie Kay, etc. will need further build and will do well for NXT in 2017. Maybe Alexa will step it up as well latter this year, but as of right now Bayley being 'jobbed out' keeps her interesting and fresh for Asuka/Bayley II. If this was WWE proper, they would have had a match at Extreme Rules and it would have all meant nothing as Bayley would have jobbed out the following night and her and Carmella would have decided to end their friendship as Bayley packs her own lunch and gets ready for her trip to 50/50 ville.

On June 8th LIVE on WWE Network NXT Takeover: The End... Where do we go from here?

From Triple H's twitter. Then the Shake Them Ropes twitter posted that NXT doesn't have any house shows outside of Florida past June 17, all interesting.

Probably just waiting for Vince to decide who gets called up/when before booking further out. Summerslam was pegged as the callup point for a lot of guys before all the brand split stuff came back, so it's a smart move for them to wait.

There's another TakeOver in Brooklyn scheduled for August so I figure it's just "The End" in a metaphorical sense since it'll likely be blowoffs and guys getting called up. Might as well go "dark" in terms of touring house shows while the entire company is in flux right now and you can't really guarantee any names.

Pretty sure "The End" is in reference to the final Joe-Balor match and then where do they go from there with the title. They're not gonna pull the plug on NXT just because of a brand split.

I'll be happy to have the Joe/Balor feud end, hasn't been my favorite NXT title feud.

Pretty sure "The End" is in reference to the final Joe-Balor match and then where do they go from there with the title. They're not gonna pull the plug on NXT just because of a brand split.

I'll be happy to have the Joe/Balor feud end, hasn't been my favorite NXT title feud.

It's gone on too long for sure. They could have got away with a four match series if they had mixed in other meaningful title programs along the way. That's the WWE PPV model of booking for ya though. Guys only ever face the guy their fueding with until the fued is over. If they had broken up the Cena-Owens series over more than a month-and-a-hald last year it wouldn't have felt so samey.

Really enjoyed the vignette for what I presume is the newly renamed La Sombra. Loved the old school luchador film reel that made it look like you were watching TV from Mexico City in the 1970's. Incredibly atmospheric and has me pumped for his debut. Thought it was one of the best intro pieces I've seen in a long time, something which, particularly on the main roster, has been missing when debuting new guys.

Whenever Aries first bolted from TNA, I made several posts about how I was hoping that we'd get an AJ Styles-style (eh?) renaissance from him.

But if Aries isn't gonna go that path and rip through the super indies and New Japan, then sh'yeah. A program with Nak in NXT is a nice alternative.

Definitely looking forward to that match. When I heard Aries was coming into NXT I was super excited, as I've always been a big fan since ROH and thought that in his run in TNA he was consistently the best thing in the company - not hard I know, but thought his title win and reign and were excellent. So far in NXT he's not been bad, but a little underwhelming, so looking forward to the match at Takeover really kicking things off for him.

I feel like this Takeover has a pretty wide range of possible outcomes. The only match that seems like a sure shot on paper is American Alpha vs. The Revival. Aries hasn't impressed me much in NXT, but he might really try to bring it with Nakamura to show he can have a great match. I really don't like Nia Jax in the ring at this point, but Asuka should be able to carry her to something good, especially because Nia can probably take more punishment than the other women on the roster. Balor and Joe have done pretty well recently, and they've excelled when the level of violence has been turned up, but I'm not sure how well the WWE cage match gimmick will work out. Definitely looking forward to watching this one live.

I will lose my shit if Aries somehow beats Nakamura. I haven't been keeping up on the weekly NXT shows, but have they turned the worst babyface of all time and the man with the most punchable face in all of professional wrestling, Austin Aries, heel yet? I assume so, based on the Nak feud, but maybe not, as Nak vs. Zayn was babyface vs. babyface. Then again, Zayn was on his way out in that scenario.

They've been teasing Aries as a heel since he arrived.

Not since the literal day he arrived, where he was booked as a plucky babyface underdog against the monster heel Baron Corbin. Maybe after that, I could see HHH and the others recognizing that Aries was not convincing in that role.

When he first arrived he was attacked by Corbin and then had a short program, but nothing about the way he acted or talked about himself said "plucky babyface." He was cocky and full of himself from the start. It's a slow burn. I think they planned on him being a heel from the get go, but wanted to let the initial "hey looks who's here" good will happen and subside.