Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will absolutely die if they do some promo vignettes for Gentlemen Jack Gallagher on NXT leading up to the GCS I don't know if people realize how over his gimmick will be at Fullsail.

Makes me wonder how the GCS will be presented. Got the impression it was gonna be it's own show., like maybe an hour a week for however many episodes it takes. If so, I'm curious if they'll do some background stuff on the guys or just throw them out there and say "here are some matches" kinda like they did with the KOTR special last year.

If they don't do background and use this to build stars they are fools

Agreed. But given the number of non-contract guys they'll be using, I wonder how much of it they'd do. Will they take the time to explain/show who Jack Gallagher is when he may only be around for one match? This is WWE afterall. The fact that they're evening ATTEMPTING this is to their credit, but at their core they are what they are.

Agreed. But given the number of non-contract guys they'll be using, I wonder how much of it they'd do. Will they take the time to explain/show who Jack Gallagher is when he may only be around for one match? This is WWE afterall. The fact that they're evening ATTEMPTING this is to their credit, but at their core they are what they are.

I can't imagine any of the guys being brought in from outside are going to be out it the 1st rounds I'd expect most of them getting similar treatment as Gargano and Ciampa did in the Dusty tag tourney

I can't imagine any of the guys being brought in from outside are going to be out it the 1st rounds I'd expect most of them getting similar treatment as Gargano and Ciampa did in the Dusty tag tourney

I don't see them putting them ALL over the in-house talent. My expectation is that the outside guys will be pairing up against each other in early rounds. Either way, the amount of non-match exposure they give any of them will be the interesting thing.

I haven't finished watching NXT this week. Not sure if I will. But some random thoughts from what I did see:

- Eric Young comes across as an abused shelter dog. He overly emotes, has ridiculous facials, and I'm not a fan of his Salvation Army look.

- I've probably said this before, but why put Tessa Blanchard on TV with that name only to job her out? I doubt the same thing happened to Charlotte. But then, Ric obviously has more pull than Tully.

- Why the hell isn't Tye Dillinger being pushed? I can't be the only one who thinks he's great and usually better than the people he loses to (not counting Shinsuke Nakamara, naturally).

- No Way Jose is a brutal gimmick. If it had been introduced on the main roster, everyone would be shitting on it. But because it's an NXT character, people love it. :rolleyes:

It's so strange seeing Eric Young and Tye Dillinger on NXT. Those two, in like 2004, I would see once a month in St. Catharines, Ontario put on epic matches with Tyson Dux, Cody Deaner, Derek Wylde and Booby Roode. It's amazing how many of them had a really good career.

It's so strange seeing Eric Young and Tye Dillinger on NXT. Those two, in like 2004, I would see once a month in St. Catharines, Ontario put on epic matches with Tyson Dux, Cody Deaner, Derek Wylde and Booby Roode. It's amazing how many of them had a really good career.

Your post motivated me to look up Tye Dillinger on Wikipedia. I had no idea he was a fourteen year veteran, and I'm even more shocked that he used to be Shawn Spears/Gavin Spears. Somehow, all of that slipped under my radar.

On top of all that, it looks like Eric Young was one of his trainers.

Wow, Dillinger has been around a while. I wonder why he's never really made it past JTTS status. He certainly deserves better IMO.

Dillinger has a great job. He can be a good guy or a bad guy and he's their trusted guy to help guys learn to work the style demanded, while still managing to stay over. He's going to have a career in the WWE at this point. Which rules. Not everyone is going to have a career of being a guy on the main roster. The guys who see beyond that and realize there are other options are the smartest "workers".

I think I read somewhere that Dillenger has a player/coach role in NXT, so he's probably in the perfect spot right now. You can pop him in the ring with anyone and he'll get a reaction, but he's also going to be comfortable putting people over. As said above, his prospects of long term employment look better than some of the guys who've "made it" to the main roster.

A lot of the backlash seems to be about "homegrown" guys that have been at the PC forever not getting booked on TV over established guys from TNA and other indies. Guys like Manny, Biff, Swann, Dawkins, Moss and especially the women.

Also No Way Jose rules. Sure the gimmick probably won't work on the main roster but it's perfect for NXT. Especially on the live events where he's over huge.

Where are the complaints about TNA talent or Asuka/Nak? I've seen it pointed out that NXT is not exactly developing much talent but rather relying upon talent developed elsewhere. I do think they have to be careful with Nakamura. It probably is possible to run too many squashes in front of a few hundred people and water down his charisma to the point that he loses value when called up, if that is in fact the goal.

Dillinger has a great job. He can be a good guy or a bad guy and he's their trusted guy to help guys learn to work the style demanded, while still managing to stay over. He's going to have a career in the WWE at this point. Which rules. Not everyone is going to have a career of being a guy on the main roster. The guys who see beyond that and realize there are other options are the smartest "workers".

He can be a good guy, he can be a bad guy, but he can not be The Guy.

Not sure for how much longer Dillinger is going to stay in NXT though. He might go the Adam Rose route of being brought up eventually to be put on job duty and then being quietly released a couple of years later.