Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with the above. And I like Roode more than Ohno. I find Ohno often times disappointing with the 90% elbows offense in some matches.

Roode vs. Nakamura is my current match of the year and my fav WWE Nakamura match.

Roode vs. Aries is my all time fav TNA match. That whole TNA title run was full of good-great stuff.

Roode vs. Tye Dillinger is the only Dillinger match I've enjoyed.

So I do expect greatness out of Roode matches more than most.

I'm on the other side. Honestly I think Roode is one of the most boring in-ring dudes who has ever got as much main event time as he has. He sucks the life out of so many matches when it's time for him to go on offense. He's got all the tools to be a good heel - bumps well, stooges, has the cocky thing, some cool moves...but it just doesn't come together in reality when he's so...damn...boring in the ring.

Like that AJ match that Marty loved, I thought AJ was excellent but the match itself no more than decent because Roode dragged it down. One of the Aries matches I like, but the other one I found really underwhelming thanks to Roode. His whole title reign was good on paper but the matches never got above a certain level. I remember really liking one of the Roode/Storm matches, maybe the cage match, but like...they had a lot of matches. I only found one memorable. Roode just isn't a guy who can hold my interest in the ring.

I think that's why I was so impressed with Roode/Nak, because I was expecting it to max out at the standard Roode level, but somehow they kept going and the finish was so great and everything that they lifted it well above that threshold and he had a genuinely great singles match. But hey, everything looks better in NXT.

Roode is so lucky, just SO lucky that he has Glorious Domination.

Roode vs. Nakamura is my current match of the year and my fav WWE Nakamura match.

Roode vs. Aries is my all time fav TNA match. That whole TNA title run was full of good-great stuff.

I remember really liking the blood feud match when Beer Money broke up. James Storm Vs. Bobby Roode. That was a good match too. I don't remember the date but I remember it involved a beer bottle being broken over Storm's head & I think Roode won even though I think everyone wanted Storm to win.

I remember really liking the blood feud match when Beer Money broke up. James Storm Vs. Bobby Roode. That was a good match too. I don't remember the date but I remember it involved a beer bottle being broken over Storm's head & I think Roode won even though I think everyone wanted Storm to win.

Loved that feud. Roode broke the bottle over Storm's head to turn heel and win the title in what was initially a face vs face match which kicked off the feud (Nov 2011), then they had the cage match at Lockdown 2012 where most everyone expected Storm to win (build up to this was awesome), but Roode won by Storm superkicking him out the door. Eventually having the blowoff in the bloody street fight at BFG 2012 where Storm finally won, breaking the bottle over Roode's head

Loved that feud. Roode broke the bottle over Storm's head to turn heel and win the title in what was initially a face vs face match which kicked off the feud (Nov 2011), then they had the cage match at Lockdown 2012 where most everyone expected Storm to win (build up to this was awesome), but Roode won by Storm superkicking him out the door. Eventually having the blowoff in the bloody street fight at BFG 2012 where Storm finally won, breaking the bottle over Roode's head

I still have these pictures uploaded too from where James Storm won the title, I believe, for the first time:

xf8pPFN.jpg

oqzMe1B.jpg

OyOcyMw.jpg

4wL0fTg.jpg

I really liked James Storm at one time. I think he brought out the best in Bobby Roode both in tags & singles. I was pretty excited when Storm showed up in NXT. Shame that he didn't stay as I thought WWE could genuinely make him a star to a bigger audience. He's a decent worker, a decent promo & we know that Vince McMahon loves him some cowboy gimmicks.

I really liked James Storm at one time. I think he brought out the best in Bobby Roode both in tags & singles. I was pretty excited when Storm showed up in NXT. Shame that he didn't stay as I thought WWE could genuinely make him a star to a bigger audience. He's a decent worker, a decent promo & we know that Vince McMahon loves him some cowboy gimmicks.

Agreed as well. I thought Storm was one of the very best promos in wrestling during that 2011/2012 period. Awesome babyface and he was on fire at that time along with some great matches. Still capable of great stuff on occasion, really dug his match with Lashley last year. Would've been interested in a WWE run for sure.

Roode vs Nakamura at NXT Takeover really made me regret that ticket about 3 months ago. I am not saying it will be a bad match as their last match was really good story but with all that hype of Ohno vs Nakamura and nothing is just a kick in the nuts. I assume that Ohno will be put in the Sanity 6 man match with Dillinger & Roderick Strong

Well they have to take the belt off of her and unless they are planning an angle with Nikki Cross after WM or they think that Kimber Lee or Heidi Lovelace (Ruby Riot I think is her name) is ready soon then Ember is the best idea

The only thing is that Asuka wasn't on that list of new call ups supposedly after WM

I quite liked the Hero/Roode match. I think it is a testament to Hero and how the dude just has a high floor right now. Roode wasn't carried or anything. I am not a huge fan or anything, but I don't dislike him and I thought he was actually really stepping up in this match and the Nak match. i get those who think he is boring, but they got the most out of him as a big match guy in these last two Sure, this was somewhat long, but it didn't both me. It kept me interested.

I am not super excited by the Nak/Roode rematch. Roode is a guy that just doesn't get me pumped, but he has over-delivered (with respect to my expectations) lately, so I assume this match will be pretty good. Their first one was probably better than anything form the Joe/Nak feud.

I hope they do a super match send off for Nak (against Hero) like they did for Zayn (against Nak), maybe at the next takeover.