Pro Wrestling Only

Most glaring/surprising inclusions on your list?

Gregor

Maybe Sheamus? Well, he's not a lock yet at all. But there's a chance he makes the back end of my ballot. I think there's a few others who might consider him, but very few indeed. The dude is a consistency machine and has been for the better part of 7 years. He also has the Daniel Bryan 2/3 Falls Extreme Rules 2012 match which is one of the 30 best WWF/E matches of all time.

"Surprise" is probably the wrong word, but that was just to make it mirror the other thread. It's more like, your most left field choice, or the choice where you're the only one out on that limb.

It's one thing to nominate someone or consider them, and then another to actually put them on your Top 100 list.

I'm definitely voting for Sheamus, and I have a feeling he'll get on a couple of ballots, so I don't think he's such a strange choice.

For me I guess the obvious one is that I'm pretty sure brainfollower and I are the only Trish voters.

I mean, I have 10 Dragon System wrestlers on my list right now. People *might* have CIMA or Mochizuki on their list, but I think Alan and I are the only one's even considering Mochi for our Top 10 and people like Shingo, YAMATO, and Masato Yoshino probably haven't even been considered for a moment by most people.

I'm on the fence about Homicide right now. From 2003-2006, he was constantly one of the highlights for ROH, but even with that super high peak, I'm having trouble justifying him being on my list. I want to include him and as of now he just barely sneaks on my ballot, but he could bounce soon.

I'm also incredibly high on Austin Aries and I don't think most people are voting for him.

What about The Briscoes? Both guys are ranked pretty highly by me. Not sure what the general consensus is here for those guys.

Marufuji. He is pretty much despised here but I like him, despite his flaws. Think he is a great underdog/David vs larger and stronger opponents as well as a great heel when playing the conceited prick who has nothing but contempt for his opponents.

I have Marufuji on my list, also. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

• Alan Serjeant is making my list off like five matches.
  • Likewise, Jon Cortez is right on the border of either making it or not for me (currently #98).
  • Not sure how surprising they are, but Dick Togo is currently my #99, and Jackie Sato is #100.
  • Sabu has been discussed, and I think others will have him too.
  • Sheamus is a guy I thought about, and he's really not an out-of-bounds candidate at all. If he worked the same seven year run from 1992-1998 (or '88-'88 for that matter), he'd be getting the credit he deserves.

Kota Ibushi, Davey Richards, Kyle O'Reilly are all part of my list right now and James Storm is in my maybe pile.

people like Shingo, YAMATO, and Masato Yoshino probably haven't even been considered for a moment by most people.

I've considered those guys, I think I may have nominated Shingo. But now it's looking like none of them, except maybe Yoshino will make my list.

Also add me to the list of people voting for Naomichi Marufuji.

I don't how controversial this is until I see the results of course, but I reckon I might have more female workers in my top 100 than most. At last count it was as high as 12, but that's nowhere near set in stone yet, the whole thing keeps changing.

I will have more than 15 in my final list (all joshi). I don't think it will be too uncommon to have a decent number of Japanese female workers on many lists.

I'd like to get Cortez on too but I just don't know if I have sufficient understanding of him.

Cortez would have absolutely made it if I was still submitting a list, had him third (behind Grey and Breaks) on my WOS guys at the time I dropped out of things. He was a part of my favourite WOS match in both the 70s (against Breaks) and the 80s (Grey from 07.27.81) and the latter is a huge recommendation if you have not seen it yet.

I feel like I'm going to be the only guy voting for Eddie Gilbert since he was shot down as just an angle guy in his thread. Too bad, because he's a match guy too, and an impressive one at that. I listed quite a few recommendations in his thread if anyone wants to take a look. Gilbert above Tracy Smothers probably seems a little against where most would have him, but I would for sure.

It will be a race to see who votes Gilbert the highest Loss, because he is a lock for my list. I love his early 90s indy run. It just just full of random stuff like Gilbert & Stan Lane vs Cactus Jack & Terry Funk or Gilbert & Madusa vs Cactus & Luna Vachon and they turn out to be wildly entertaining.

Gilbert is a guy who managed to have a really memorable career but is still one of the biggest "What If's" in wrestling. He was so smart and so talented. He reminds me of the 80s/early 90s version of Brian Pillman. But obviously with a much longer career than PIllman. In a perfect world, we'd be talking about Eddie Gilbert as a top 20 level guy. He's not that. But he's easily top 100.