Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

DMJ

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziggler and Owens didn't have much chemistry. Had Ziggler not had his jobbing frown on the entire match, there might have been a moment of suspense. Two guys each trying to call the match and actively working against each other, leading to lots of headlocks and pointless flurries of Dolph launching himself into turnbuckles. Did they botch a crotch spot? Owens' bump into the post was great though, and to his credit Ziggler took Owens' big implant suplex off the top very well (though that move not being a deathblow finisher is crazy). When Ibushi leaving New Japan is the biggest news to come out of your match, it can't help but seem that something's off.

Small thing but I hate that talk pause talk delivery and intonation that is so prevalent in modern WWE.

Kane did it massively just now.

Here's a line

Pause

And here's my next line.

It's not Harold Pinter ffs, it's wrestling, just talk.

That intonation is one of many things that makes watching this stuff a chore.

Giant Dudes trios match was good, if only to give Harper ring time. Ryback as FIP feels like Reigns being sublimated: a weird, dumb, misinformed way for bookers to think they're creating sympathy for their guy when they're actually burying them. Or it's more HHH conspiracy theory brilliance. Big Show screaming encouragement from the apron just felt even more oblivious. Finish of the match was really fun and I agree with the Twitter proposal of Ryback-Harper for fifteen minutes at Mania. Masked Kane remains worlds beyond Unmasked Kane.