Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/22 - 2/28/16

FMKK

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole Shane thing is so depressing. They are literally trolling their fanbase, giving hope this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE Authority storyline will finally end and just cutting the dreams of everyone with an UT HIAC match.

There's no way UT doesn't go over. Wonderful, another year of the authority.

Not to mention HHH is now the top babyface

I give up. I don't want to watch a product that makes me sad all the time. I'm done

And EVEN if Cena replaces him they've still just turned UT defacto heel unless he lays down on purpose which is a stupid stupid idea anyway.

Shane's going to get thrown off the cell through a commentary table ala HBK in HIAC 1 and through the cage into the ring ala Mankind in HIAC 2.

I wasn't really paying attention, but was the stipulation Shane beats Taker and he gets to run RAW or was it he gets to run RAW just for facing Taker at WM and that's his rewards for it? I took it as him getting to run RAW for taking the match, not for winning, but then again, as I said before, I wasn't paying attention...

It looks like the Usos vs. the Dudleys tables matches or TLC at WM.

Brock vs. Ambrose has street fight at WM has MOTY potential.

I dug Y2AJ working together. I know most people think Y2J is over-the-hill, which he is, but I think him and AJ getting all of their spots in tonight was good fun. I prefer AJ moves on to something else unrelated to Y2J already though.

AJ vs. KO at WM for the IC title instead of doing some multi-man ladder match for the title would be a lot better imo.

That beatdown by HHH on Reigns to end the show was brutal.

This whole Shane thing is so depressing. They are literally trolling their fanbase, giving hope this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE Authority storyline will finally end and just cutting the dreams of everyone with an UT HIAC match.

There's no way UT doesn't go over. Wonderful, another year of the authority.

Not to mention HHH is now the top babyface

I give up. I don't want to watch a product that makes me sad all the time. I'm done

And EVEN if Cena replaces him they've still just turned UT defacto heel unless he lays down on purpose which is a stupid stupid idea anyway.

Maybe the Authority/HHH, will be babyface next year, systematically burying the entire WWE roster so his NXT guys can come in and save wrestling, or something.

I was watching it on mute so I missed every word, but the opening angle sounds insane from Meltzer's writeup.

- Shane's "She doesn't know, does she?"

- Openly acknowledging the stock and ratings collapse.

- An angle where Vince admits he's secretly always wished that it was Shane, not Steph running things?

- Shane saying he wants to own RAW, with Vince then stating that if you own RAW, you own everything in the company that actually matters to him?

I'm not saying any of that is a shoot or even realism, but on paper the whole thing sounds like a weird meta-commentary acknowledging that their direction's sucked for years, but then using Stephanie as a kayfabe scapegoat. Which in a weird way kinda makes her seem like a babyface who's getting maligned.

Small nitpick, Meltzer doesn't do the live PBP coverage of RAW, it's some dude named Jeff Hamlin. The byline is right at the top of all the articles at F4W/WO

Shane coming back is very interesting and injects some much needed life into the Mania build. It got MAJOR online buzz all over the freaking place. 7th on Google trends right now. I don't believe he'll actually wrestle......Cena is dropping hints all over that he'll be back......and Taker wrestling for Vince/The Authority doesn't make sense......but let's see where it all goes. It's at least intriguing.

Thought that was a pretty good RAW. Ambrose is looking like a million bucks as this pesky lunatic who's too crazy/stupid/tough to back down from the baddest man on the planet. This is legit cement as a top star making stuff. I loved his "KISS MY ASS! I told you I was indestructable....." line. Brock is both amused, annoyed and grudgingly gaining respect for Ambrose. Ambrose is gonna look like the toughest SOB in the WWE in defeat. That street fight is gonna be hella fun and likely the best thing on the show.

New Day vs. Lucha Dragons/Neville 6 man was a lot of fun

When Jericho hadn't turned on AJ yet and shook his hand last night I figured this might lead to a team......or this could just be the setup for a delayed turn. Not sure where this is going. AJ/Jericho vs. New Day could be really good.....not sure what the point of that segment with League of Nations last night was though.....

Naomi-Sasha with the Becky run in and Charlotte setting up the #1 contender match (I still think it leads to a 3 way) was well done

No Owens or Ziggler and no mention of them on the show was odd.....and nothing hyped for SD that I noticed which they had been doing a really good job of since the USA move.....

I always welcome blood in angles. Not gonna complain that only HHH (and Brock, and Taker) gets to break that rule....it made that segment.

Overall good show that got the ball rolling on a lot of Mania stuff

They don't want Styles over? Seriously?

They debuted him #3 in the Rumble to face off with their Golden Boy to a huge pop

They've programmed him with Jericho who's a WWE legend who specifically came back to put AJ over

They've given him a great entrance with Titantron pyro and the announcers treat him like he's a huge deal

They paid him a LOT of money

They debuted him straight to the main roster which hasn't happened for ANY other outside guys

They're pushing his merch like crazy

They don't want him to get over?

fuck outta here

It's seriously getting tough to read some of the WWE threads on this board. I love this place, but man.....if you seriously think they brought in AJ to not get him over you're just.....I don't know. I'm pretty sure AJ is happy right now. And if you thought AJ would immediately be pushed straight to the top.....well......I don't know what to tell you. WWE is not NJPW

HHH is to inactive in the ring and wouldn't most likely want to compete on a regular basis. No matter what it seems like, there's no way he beats Reigns.

Reigns beats him at Mania just so they can put over how he overcame the odds since December and is finally the world heavyweight champion in his first big WrestleMania moment.