Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

My only problem with Meltzer's wacky opinions is there's too many on the net who take every word from the Observer as gospel, even the parts that are clearly his opinon.

If you ever find yourself debating someone on a messageboard (especally TSM or DVDVR) that has a completely nonsensical opinon about something, 9 times out of 10 they're parroting Big Dave.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever find yourself debating someone on a messageboard (especally TSM or DVDVR) that has a completely nonsensical opinon about something, 9 times out of 10 they're parroting Big Dave.

That might've been true about 5 years ago. Today though the IWC has declined to such a point where most of the posters have nonsensical opinions like that Batista vs. AJ Styles thread over at DVDVR or all the threads where everyone denies up and down that there's anything wrong with Kurt Angle.

I should clarify -- apparently that was Meltzer reporting something someone sent him yesterday in his news update, not something he was criticizing Monsoon for himself. Here are his direct words on Monsoon from an e-mail:

He won worst announcer numerous years in polls that I never even voted

in.  It was a pretty consensus opinion within the industry of his announcing at the time.  Whomever you grow up on you think is the best. People who had already grown up and seen many different announcers didn't think highly of him as an announcer.  As a person, he was always nice to me so I've got nothing bad to say about him.

Guest Cam Chaos

Well, saying he can't critique Monsoon's announcing just because he's dead is ridiculous, even if you don't agree with what he's saying.

CJ got me on this one. Good looking out, pardnah.

I'd still listen to Monsoon over Madden, Zbyszko, Schiavone, Vince McMahon and Scott Taylor.

The two wrestlers set to retire according to the latest Observer are Trish and Lita. Lita is suprising as she has been involved in main event angles for the better part of a year. The two aren't even negotiating so it's definite they are gone. Somehow I think Lita will cost Edge the title at SS and then Edge will kick her to the curb

The two wrestlers set to retire according to the latest Observer are Trish and Lita.  Lita is suprising as she has been involved in main event angles for the better part of a year.  The two aren't even negotiating so it's definite they are gone.  Somehow I think Lita will cost Edge the title at SS and then Edge will kick her to the curb

Probably.

For those looking for reasoning behind Lita, she wants to get into acting, albeit generally smaller level stuff. Like Trish, she's saved tons of money and can probably go without work for a while if she wants to. Of course, we saw the news on Trish coming a while back.

Even if they're dead set against saying "wrestling/wrestlers," WWE needs some new terms to mix things up as it starts to make no sense at times. "Booker T is a talented superstar! He's one of the most decorated champions in the history of sports entertainment!"

Guest Cam Chaos

I don't get why if they employ Angle, Benjamin, Haas, Terkay and Lashley they would not acknowledge and credit their legitimate experiences in amateur wrestling. If you draw from that pool, you are crediting them so why not just be straight up?

Ever feel guilty for watching a hardcore match? I just came back from a local indy show and I think one of the workers got seriously hurt after doing a ladder spot to the announcer table.

I went through and recorded the last 3 weeks of Impact to DVD. Those had to be 3 of the strongest episodes I've ever seen. The LAX stuff has just been great. Probably the best heel stable I've seen in a few years. I actually read the spoilers and then was still surprised by Jarrett being the guy in the Sting mask.

Even if they're dead set against saying "wrestling/wrestlers," WWE needs some new terms to mix things up as it starts to make no sense at times.  "Booker T is a talented superstar!  He's one of the most decorated champions in the history of sports entertainment!"

The fightingest champion in WWE history was the victim of a heinous attack and has been taken to a medical facility.

I think my favorite thing about that match is Barry Windham bleeding about 90 seconds into it. He sure didn't waste time. War Games was great. It was always like the heels had some weird contest among themselves to see who could bloody themselves up the most and sell the most.

Even if they're dead set against saying "wrestling/wrestlers," WWE needs some new terms to mix things up as it starts to make no sense at times.  "Booker T is a talented superstar!  He's one of the most decorated champions in the history of sports entertainment!"

The fightingest champion in WWE history was the victim of a heinous attack and has been taken to a medical facility.
I understand the whole superstar/Sports Entertainment thing, but why aren't they allowed to say "hospital"?

The violence thing I get too, they don't want to scare the parents of the kids they deny they market to away. The whole "medical facility" thing always irks me, mainly because when JR says it, he always hesitates first as if to illustrate he's inserting a WWE Approved Term in his sentence.

I'm just glad that "Ruthless Aggression" didn't get over like they hoped as a substitute for "violence".

Randomness from watching some TNA last night:

-What the fuck was the deal w/ the Styles/Daniels promo? Did someone think that "pantalones" really was Spanish for balls? Was Daniels supposed to be goofy for no apparent reason? Why does Daniels wear such awful shirts? Why does Styles sell being in a neckbrace like he's a heel manager faking an injury?

-THAT'S KAZARIAN? Jesus.

-Joe, Konnan, Cornette, and Steiner are the only people who project in a way that makes them interesting on promos. They need Bullet Bob back as a regular.

-Jay Lethal doing several diving headbutts in a row is annoying.

-There have been a lot of bad figurehead titles over the last decade or so, but "The New Face Of TNA Management" is the worst of them.

What the fuck was the deal w/ the Styles/Daniels promo? Did someone think that "pantalones" really was Spanish for balls? Was Daniels supposed to be goofy for no apparent reason? Why does Daniels wear such awful shirts? Why does Styles sell being in a neckbrace like he's a heel manager faking an injury?

Styles was selling the Gringo Killer that Homicide gave him the week before. Daniels said "pantalones" because that's what Konnan said to them the week before when they set the title match up.

What the fuck was the deal w/ the Styles/Daniels promo? Did someone think that "pantalones" really was Spanish for balls? Was Daniels supposed to be goofy for no apparent reason? Why does Daniels wear such awful shirts? Why does Styles sell being in a neckbrace like he's a heel manager faking an injury?

Styles was selling the Gringo Killer that Homicide gave him the week before. Daniels said "pantalones" because that's what Konnan said to them the week before when they set the title match up.

I know why Styles was wearing the neckbrace, I'm trying to figure out why he was mugging like Joel Gertner during the promo.

Why did Konnan say "pantalones?"