Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get so sick of having to argue with people over the concept of jobbing vs. putting someone over. People seem to think just losing to someone is putting them over. That doesn't work for me at all. If a main eventer jobs clean to a mid-carder and that guy stays in the mid-card he wasn't really put over. The people that think Triple H put over Benoit are insane.

I get so sick of having to argue with people over the concept of jobbing vs. putting someone over.  People seem to think just losing to someone is putting them over.  That doesn't work for me at all.  If a main eventer jobs clean to a mid-carder and that guy stays in the mid-card he wasn't really put over.  The people that think Triple H put over Benoit are insane.

"Putting someone over" is common speak within wrestling. It's a proper term.

I'd get the first 40 volumes of the NWA set going around from CMPunk5150 at Crazy Max. Golden stuff, covering lots of rare NWA title matches and great angles through 1986 from all the territories. Also, 1989 CMLL is awesome, and Fredo has tons of it. You could get 20 shows or so. Goodhelmet's comps are also perfect if you prefer to focus on one wrestler.

I know they have a hard job and all, but the WWE writers need to find a better transitional phrase for promos besides "As far as *name of wrestler/match/next PPV* goes".

Having all this WWE programming every week is only driving the point home that everyone cuts the same promo in this company.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

--Today's Richmond Times-Dispatch at www.timesdispatch.com has an article on 21-year-old former show horse Rhapsody, the pet of Mickie James. It said James comes back to Richmond every week to ride the horse and her filly Bunny and hopes to return to equestrian competition. She said her goal was to run a horse farm after she retires from wrestling. There are quotes in the story from Dory Funk, who helped train her, after James attended a seminar where Lita, who also trained under Funk, recommended it. It noted that she and fiance Ken Doane just bought a house in King William County.

Mickie just earned herself a stalker.

Watching MSG classics tonight I had forgotten how horrible Ron Trongard and Billy Graham were on commentary. Trongard refers to Smash as "Slash" in the Demos/Rockers match. He also says that Randy Savage stands no chance against Andre while Savage was champion of all things. Graham stupidly says that Andre "smells real bad" while passing the table on the way to the ring. All hail Gorilla Monsoon

So one of the subplots in the whole "Brock gets shitcanned from New Japan" story was that he was in possession of the new IWGP title belt and didn't return it.

Did NJ eventually get it back, or are they using the old belt again?

Guest Bruiser Chong

I heard the new Vince DVD talked about an incest angle that never came to be. Apparently VINCE wanted to be the father of Stephanie's baby. When she rejected, he proposed SHANE be the father. Again, no. He also wanted HHH and Steph to have their wedding on PPV. Now that's entertainment!

I heard the new Vince DVD talked about an incest angle that never came to be. Apparently VINCE wanted to be the father of Stephanie's baby. When she rejected, he proposed SHANE be the father. Again, no. He also wanted HHH and Steph to have their wedding on PPV. Now that's entertainment!

Please be kidding. Please. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

That DVD showed up early here in Ottawa, in fact. (I saw it in an HMV this past Sunday, which means it got here at least *9* days sooner than the release date.) If it weren't for the fact that HMV was charging $33** CDN for the 2-disc set** (instead of, say, maybe $9 (even then, I have my druthers about buying it)) I'd confirm whether this is true or not (that is, if it's on the DVD). Knowing Vince and the shock value he'd like to give his own DVD, it wouldn't shock me if this is true (that is, it being on the DVD), even if the proposed angle is not true.

**By comparison, I got the Undertaker, Bret Hart, and Dusty Rhodes sets (all 3-discers) for $25 or so.