Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going through some tapes looking for my copy of the PWFG Dick Murdoch Memorial Show, and I find an unlabelled tape. It's the last 20 minutes of a Hurican Ramirez movie I caught on Telemundo in the middle of the night and then bunch of WWF TV from late Spring '01 w/ the Benoit/Jericho main event run. Yay! Now I need to get the remote sensor on my fancy VCR fixed...

EDIT: And now I found another unlabelled tape that appears to pick up where that left off after a bunch of downloaded APW matches (including Horowitz vs Morgan which I was wondering if I had...) from that site I forget the name of.

Tonight was the first Summerslam I didn't order since 1991. The build up to this PPV was so pathetic that I wasn't going to order out of principle.

BTW, I have *never* seen Summerslam 91. Which makes it one of the few PPV shows from the Big 2 I've missed (I'm not counting WCW shows near the end)

So I emailed Meltzer the other day, I had a question about the subscription I just sent away for. He answered back quickly, as he's known to do, but I couldn't help but notice he must be the last person in the known world to use a Juno.com email account.

From a recent Kevin Kelly interview:

Kevin agreed, and noted that the reason WCW stopped doing Legends matches

was because the older wrestlers were actually outshining the younger guys

WCW was trying to push.

Hmm, I always thought it was because the matches were so bad. At least that's what was said on the net back in the late 90s when I arrived. Is this true?

Guest bravesfan

You know, the WWE has the right to protect any and all of their trademarks being used without permission, but to crack down on a niche site like YouTube for users posting videos, is absolutely ridiculous. This isn't a rant on the current product. This is a rant on the logistics of said practice. WHY do this? Aren't there bigger fish to fry? Why is eBay, a place where they MAKE MONEY OFF OF BOOTLEGS, goes unchecked for days at a time, while my thirty-second video clip of D. David Schultz cutting a promo on Hulk Hogan in AWA in 1983 just sets off the warning bells? The worst is, they pulled two clips, yet they left two other clips completely unscathed for the time being. Guys, just click on my username and you'll uncover my entire stash...yes, all 5 videos that have been confused with the actual trademarks within the WWE marketplace.

I'm not angry - I have no right to be angry. I'm just dumbfounded at how little attention they'll pay to eBay, yet they're getting everyone on YouTube one by one. And even then, we can just post the videos again because YouTube thrives on anonymity.

According to Keller, Stacy Keibler will have a re-occuring role on the George Lopez Show this season. I guess that's good news but does anyone still watch the George Lopez show?

Also, Batista is already dating Rebecca from this year's Diva Search. That was fast.

Guest bravesfan

Yes, since we last heard. She was at the Hall of Fame ceremony this past Mania.

I guess that's good news but does anyone still watch the George Lopez show?

It's the best-rated show on Wednesday nights, so that may cancel each other out.

There seems to be a ratio where the more smarkish someone is, the less perception they seem to have.

I remember people snickering when Stacey was being told by B and C listers on "Dancing" that wrestling was beneath her, not realizing that being known for pro wrestling puts you on the Z list.

I mean, yeah Vince's behavior paints all of wrestling fans in a bad light to the mainstream and you can argue that it's not fair, but the fact remains that in Hollywood working as a third banana on a formulaic sitcom is higher up the food chain than being the leggy broad on the pro wrestling show.

Guest Cam Chaos

According to Keller, Stacy Keibler will have a re-occuring role on the George Lopez Show this season.  I guess that's good news but does anyone still watch the George Lopez show?

Also, Batista is already dating Rebecca from this year's Diva Search. That was fast.

Batista is the new Nash. Constant muscle tears, over because of his association with a member of a Kliq/clique and the rub given to him as a result (Sean/Diesel, HHH/Batista), cheats on his wife with a bimbo hired by the company (anyone remember Nitro Girl Chae?), tries to dress "cool" even though he's over 40, will never fulfill his potential due to his arrogance regarding his "style of wrestling", discredits the efforts of lightweight wrestlers ("Vanilla midgets"/"Flip floppy X division wrestlers"), Charisma compensates for his lack of ability, uses an overrated powerbomb variation as a finisher. The pieces all fit for me.

Yes, since we last heard. She was at the Hall of Fame ceremony this past Mania.

It's the best-rated show on Wednesday nights, so that may cancel each other out.

Jesus I haven't watched an episode in about 3 years. I actually forgot it was on the air. It gets absolutely no buzz now.

When WWE 24/7 launched here, the updates to our VOD system kinda didn't work (they found out when they tried to do the content update for this week and all sorts of hilarity ensued). They're putting in a fix tonight and now I can finally watch SummerSlam 96.

When Batista had his backstage fight with Booker, which was rumoured to stem from the problems Melina had with Sharmell on the Australian tour, reading between the lines I thought that Batista must be having an affair with Melina, which is why she had to be sent to Raw. Or maybe they really were just close friends.

Guest wnyxmcneal

Do you mean best rated sitcom or show overall? Because it's far from the highest rated show on Wednesday

Guest CanadianChick

That'll upset all the jilted smarks that are trying to trash Stacey as an untalented bimbo for leaving their precious wrestling.

Well, other than dancing, she had no talent to speak of in WWE.

But hey, good riddance. You don't need non-wrestling girls if they can't act too badly. Good luck to her, but I certainly won't miss her in the slightest.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I've been pushing that match since re-discovering it on the Best of the WWF Vol. 11 Coliseum Video release six years back. Not only is the match superb, but you're reminded how far in advanced matches for big shows were set. This was two months away from Wrestlemania and we already these six would be meeting up in singles matches at the show.