Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

Guest wnyxmcneal

RoH ran 3 60 minute draws this month. 2 of them being this weekend. With all the talk of doing a Triple Crown from the fans and then this it really makes them look like they're trying to be 90s All Japan.

The draws wouldn't be so annoying if ROH wasn't so bad about telegraphing them

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the 20th Anniversary of the famous "Big Event" House Show from Toronto that drew a ridiculous 65,000 fans. If you believe what the promoters and WWF officials say they had no idea it was go to draw that many people. They actually taped the House Show and released it on CV as a sort of mini PPV. I had just gotten into wrestling when this aired and this show hooked me as a fan. The Hogan/Orndorff program is what made me a wrestling fan. 1986/87 were probably the heights of Hulkamnia and the 80s Rock N Wrestling Boom.

Here's an article celebrating the night:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2006/0...22/1770050.html

Guest Bruiser Chong

There aren't many good matches on that card, but the atmosphere's incredible and thus, I've seen the show more times than I probably should have.

Guest Askewniverse

The stacked disk packaging isn't just WWE.  A lot of TV sets have it now.

You're probably thinking about overlapping discs. The discs are on top of each other, but you can still see part of the bottom disc.

The Taker DVD set actually has the discs stacked on top of each other. When you open the case, you only see the top disc.

From what I've read, the crappy packaging only applies to the U.S. release. The Canadian release had a swinging tray, while the U.K. release was in a digipack.

The stacked disk packaging isn't just WWE.? A lot of TV sets have it now.

You're probably thinking about overlapping discs. The discs are on top of each other, but you can still see part of the bottom disc.

The Taker DVD set actually has the discs stacked on top of each other. When you open the case, you only see the top disc.

From what I've read, the crappy packaging only applies to the U.S. release. The Canadian release had a swinging tray, while the U.K. release was in a digipack.

You would be correct. Odd how that only applied to the U.S. packaging. My DVD is exactly how the Canadian packaging is described.

(I had to take back the Taker DVD once to get an exchange, but it was only due to a production error (the second disc stopped playing during the Taker-Michaels GZ match). I've had no problems with the current set I have.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bruiser Chong

Was Rick Steiner supposed to be like, retarded or something circa WCW 1989?  I was watching Clash IX and the segment where Cornette's interviewing the team is like an episode of Kids Say the Darndest Things with Corny playing the role of Cos.

Was Rick Steiner supposed to be like, retarded or something circa WCW 1989?  I was watching Clash IX and the segment where Cornette's interviewing the team is like an episode of Kids Say the Darndest Things with Corny playing the role of Cos.

That was pretty much the gist of it.  Scott Steiner said something at Chi-Town Rumble about an "accident" Rick had that made him that way, but nothing ever became of it as far as I can recall.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

yo, I totally watched that game and when I saw the name Laurenitis or however it's spelled, I wondered to myself (I didn't dare say it out loud) if that guy was related to Johnny Ace and Animal.  For it to be a game between the #1 and #2 ranked teams, it was hardly close.

Guest Some Guy

After rewatching it tonight, I think HBK's oversell of Hogan's big boot at Summerslam 2005 might just be the most hilariously unprofessional moment in wrestling history.

That whole match was hilariously unprofessional on both men's part.  Hogan's before the match and HBK's during and after it.

After rewatching it tonight, I think HBK's oversell of Hogan's big boot at Summerslam 2005 might just be the most hilariously unprofessional moment in wrestling history.

That whole match was hilariously unprofessional on both men's part.  Hogan's before the match and HBK's during and after it.

True enough, but HBK's oversell of the Big Boot is like a million times worse than anytime anyone ever stopped co-operating in a match.

I'm not sure how Hogan was unprofessional before the match given that he had the contractual right to dictate how the feud played out.  Nobody gets over when the prima donnas on top always need to get their jobs back so their feelings aren't hurt.

And poor Kurt, Puder owning him again would send him even further over the edge.  I can't wait for the Rise And Fall Of An Olympic Hero DVD WWE is probably planning as I type.

I was watching Prime Time Wrestling from 2/23/87 on WWE 24/7 and during the "WrestleMania Report" segment Mean Gene threw in a tease about a big name possibly being in Hulk's corner.  Considering the WON reports posted over at TSM saying how fucked Andre was at the time and how the main event was in doubt, was this just the WWF hedging their bets?

Guest Cam Chaos

Angle/Puder in UFC will outdraw any WWE PPV of 2007.

Puder is signed to Strikeforce and Angle would never pass a state athletic comission medical exam with his history of injuries.