Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

Part of me thinks HHH is much less harmful in the role he's in now that Cena is unquestionably the top star they have, and he's reached a point where he's pretty untouchable. With the Cena/Edge rivalry ending though, I wouldn't want to be Edge. The natural next step for him is feuds with Michaels and HHH.

In a way you're right, but then you have DX squashing everyone left and right while driving the point home that they're the stars of the show and no one else is worth investing time in.

All while JR babbles on his new blog about how the business is all about giving young guys the opportunity to shine. Right, just like the Highlanders were getting over as the team to finally beat the Spirit Squad and now they get jobbed to DX in seconds.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Metal Maniac

I think Marty is right, the IC division is the best thing going on RAW.

DX makes me sick. I was sick of the angle the day after it started, and it just KEEPS GOING.

And how the fuck does throwing Coachman out of the building give them the right to be GM's for the night? Seriously, there was such a huge logic gap in there it wasn't even funny. And yeah, I know they threatened the SS with a sledgehammer, but they also said they'd strip them of the titles, and the SS believed them.

THAT MAKES SO LITTLE SENSE MY HEAD WANTS TO EXPLODE.

Hell, why doesn't Edge chase out Coachman next week, strip Cena of the title and award it to himself?

And I liked how RAW used to have a tag division before DX squashed EVERYBODY two weeks in a row.

Random thoughts:

HHH again proves he doesn't pay attention to the internet by having a segment where DX responds to the comments the net has been making almost verbatim on RAW.

I was shocked that Edge was allowed to point out that DX is a recycled gimmick from 10 years ago. Either he's got pics of HHH banging someone other than Steph or they're going to dump the mother of all burials on him next week.

After watching Candice Michelle do a poor man's Elvira gimmick as the WWE 24/7 Halloween host, it seems clear that she's mildly retarded. Hearing her speak borders on painful, she has a speaking pattern that can only be described as a female version of Rick Steiner's halting brain-damaged style after huffing a tank of Helium.

Benoit-Regal from No Mercy might be the stiffest US match ever. It was awesome to hear JBL marking out on commentary. It rules when you have two guys who are comfortable with each other in the ring like that and the results are a match where both beat the piss out of each other in a completely enjoyable manner.

After watching Candice Michelle do a poor man's Elvira gimmick as the WWE 24/7 Halloween host, it seems clear that she's mildly retarded. Hearing her speak borders on painful, she has a speaking pattern that can only be described as a female version of Rick Steiner's halting brain-damaged style after huffing a tank of Helium.

Someone once posted a Playboy video of Candice in the LSD folder at TSM.  The video was accompanied by a fine narration by Ms. Michelle, including such insightful comments as "I like the sun because it's warm and it's hot and it's not cold like when you're in the water."  I swear she actually said that.

I didn't watch, but if they kept to kayfabe, Maria should have been bare ass naked within 5 hands of the "Diva Strip Poker" thing on ECW. I mean, her character is such an idiot that HHH has to explain what "Suck It" means, yet somehow she's able to grasp a decievingly complex game like poker?

Guest CanadianChick

I didn't watch, but if they kept to kayfabe, Maria should have been bare ass naked within 5 hands of the "Diva Strip Poker" thing on ECW. I mean, her character is such an idiot that HHH has to explain what "Suck It" means, yet somehow she's able to grasp a decievingly complex game like poker?

Well, it wasn't really poker, since I guess all 6 of them are too retarded to get the concept. It was high card, therefore luck of the draw.

EDIT: I don't know why I was compelled to actually watch the strip poker deal since I could fast forwarded it, but my lord do these girls acting "embarrassed" by stripping to their underwear look retarded. They practically live in their underwear, or skimpy enough outfits that might as well be, whenever their on TV.

If Candice Michelle actually acted "embarrassed", that is dumb, considering her Playboy material, as well as photos that have nicely made their way to Google images, as well as the fact that she already got into her underwear in front of the biggest WWE PPV audience of the year.

Guest Cam Chaos

Well, it wasn't really poker, since I guess all 6 of them are too retarded to get the concept. It was high card, therefore luck of the draw.

EDIT: I don't know why I was compelled to actually watch the strip poker deal since I could fast forwarded it, but my lord do these girls acting "embarrassed" by stripping to their underwear look retarded. They practically live in their underwear, or skimpy enough outfits that might as well be, whenever their on TV.

Let's not forget the bi-annual magazine specials and DVDs.

Seriously, I think anyone that makes a logical or sensible suggestion in the WWE probably gets fired or stuck on a weekend show.

Guest wnyxmcneal

I like how when RoH comes to Ohio now they make a big deal about bringing in former OVW guys.  Hey idiots, OVW never actually operated in Ohio. 

October 13th: ROH officials are looking to bring some new talent to ROH to shake up the roster. Three new talents will be given a shot when ROH returns to Dayton on 10/27. "The Shooter" Brent Allbright, Tank Toland and "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross have all been added to the event. We will announce their matches soon. There are only so many spots on a card so these guys need to impress if they hope to join the ROH roster. The ROH veterans need to take their game to the next level as these newcomers could replace them. The level of competition in ROH is about to rise as jobs will be on the line!!!

All they're talking about is how they're showcasing some new talent. They're not making an OVW-Ohio connection at all

And sadly, reports were that M-Dogg was actually getting over at the ROH Detroit show.

I've seen wrestlers never get enough upper midcard on an indy show that operates in a bar that were better than M-Dogg 20 and will never get a chance to work in an ROH ring.

I know it's cliche at this point to bash the WWE writing team, but how much does it speak to their abilities to script promos when fucking Kevin Federline had the promo of the night on RAW?

If he's ever stupid enough to divorce Britney, he's got a fine career ahead of him as a heel manager. That promo he did was very Andy Kaufmann 2006 style. Not too often do you see a "celebrity" expect to be booed *and* encourage it to the point where "controversial" John Cena got a huge pop to confront him.  Not to mention it got Nitro and Melina over since they actually produced one of their celebrity friends instead of always talking about them like your buddy's girlfriend in Canada.

Damn. :(

--The famous former WWF wrestler Iron Mike Sharpe is having kidney problems that have kept him hospitalized in Canada for the past four months. For anyone who wants to send him a card or write him a note, I'm sure he'd appreciate it, c/o St. Peter's Hospital, 88 Maplewood Ave., Hamilton, ONT L8M 1W9 Canada.

I was just going over results on Cawthon's site and it's unbelievable how great the WWF booking was from Sept. 86 till WM 3.  Say want you want about the quality of the in-ring work but the company was at their zenith as far as the presentation aspect of wrestling.

I won't disagree, but I'm curious what makes September 1986 the starting point. I'm blanking on that month.

I was just going over results on Cawthon's site and it's unbelievable how great the WWF booking was from Sept. 86 till WM 3.  Say want you want about the quality of the in-ring work but the company was at their zenith as far as the presentation aspect of wrestling.

I won't disagree, but I'm curious what makes September 1986 the starting point. I'm blanking on that month.

It was the start of the new TV season with both Superstars and Challenge debuting.  Everything seemed to build from there.