Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown moving to Tuesday and going live

Cox

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be interesting seeing what they do with the tag division. They absolutely have enough teams to run two separate divisions but they also have a habit murdering teams by doing stuff like "Primo to Raw! Epico to Smackdown!" and then doing nothing with either guy.

Raw absolutely has to go back to two hours. If they don't as a result of this then they never will.

It feels really goofy that they did this right after roster cuts too. It's a lot easier to use a guy like Sandow on a split roster, if only for that mid card comedy spot since you only have one Truth.

I'd prefer they cut the mid card comedy spot altogether, especially considering how often they have over acts that rely heavily on comedy and aren't seen as total jokes (like New Day).

Raw absolutely has to go back to two hours. If they don't as a result of this then they never will.

People really need to just get over this idea. WWE doesn't even have control over it. It was what USA demanded and they paid WWE a lot of money to get it. WWE is stuck with the 3rd hour until USA decides they don't want an extra hour of their highest rated show.

As far as a new brand split goes, I'm all for it. I loved it the last time around and was one of the few people saying things were going to get worse and not better when it went away. And now their business model is actually much more suited to having a brand split because they aren't so reliant on PPV buys. They don't need to have all their stars on the monthly Network special if they decide to do that kind of split again.

Very curious how they approach this. New can always mean something fun and interesting, but it could just as easily be awful or more of the same. Personally I'd prefer they keep a lone world title with the champion on both shows. But its always possible they could make it work in different scenarios. The intrigue will be fun until and hopefully after we see how things play out.

People really need to just get over this idea. WWE doesn't even have control over it. It was what USA demanded and they paid WWE a lot of money to get it. WWE is stuck with the 3rd hour until USA decides they don't want an extra hour of their highest rated show.

But would they really be losing anything? If anything it sounds like they're gaining an hour. Right now we have 3 hours of A-show and 2 hours of B-show on USA. This is all early speculation but if Smackdown is going live with a separate roster, it sounds like they will be more or less equal to Raw in terms of importance. So by moving things around you go from 3 hours of A-show programming a week to 4 if you cut that extra hour out of Raw.

Conrad Thompson Retweeted Zack Greene

I hear World on both, US/IC split, tag and women split. Women get SmackDown. Tag go to Raw

Conrad Thompson added,

Zack Greene @BamaZack
@CubeShow @HeyHeyItsConrad Conrad with the news the WWE is going live w/Smackdown and splitting the roster, will a new title come into play?
3 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Pocket
More

Don't like the two world titles. Would prefer a touring World Champ where the US/IC Titles are the main belts. All the Women on Smackdown sounds good, although no tag titles on Smackdown is odd.

I hear World on both, US/IC split, tag and women split. Women get SmackDown. Tag go to Raw

Conrad Thompson added,

Zack Greene @BamaZack
@CubeShow @HeyHeyItsConrad Conrad with the news the WWE is going live w/Smackdown and splitting the roster, will a new title come into play?
3 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Pocket
More

Don't like the two world titles. Would prefer a touring World Champ where the US/IC Titles are the main belts. All the Women on Smackdown sounds good, although no tag titles on Smackdown is odd.

maybe he meant roman goes on both shows? it seems the wording could imply either. i'm really hoping they don't split the world title again.

Conrad Thompson added,

Zack Greene @BamaZack
3 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Pocket
More

maybe he meant roman goes on both shows? it seems the wording could imply either. i'm really hoping they don't split the world title again.

World on both... yeah that probably means Roman is on both shows, based on the wording of the rest of it. If they go through with this, and each show is different (production, look, etc...) then I am all for this.

The brand split was atrocious last time. Wow, people really have short memories. Yeah, it was cool the first year or two, but then it was a waste of time that meant nothing and devalued every title. Hoping this doesn't happen, or if it does, there's one World Champion, one Women's Champion, and one set of Tag Team Champions. The Intercontinental and pointless U.S. Titles can be split.

for the original split, i was 6-7 years old, but was there a split in the fanbase for raw vs sd? i've started to think about how this could be a bigger thing now with the large involvement of social media. we see it with NXT fans making it (trying to make it) nxt vs WWE, so it's not far-fetched or anything..

Smackdown was good pretty much the entire time of the brand split (and ECW was also quite good for it's last 2 years) so yea I'm not buying this "it was atrocious" shit. I'd rather watch good TV than wring my hands over "OMG the belts are devalued cuz there's 2 sets of them!"

Smackdown was good pretty much the entire time of the brand split (and ECW was also quite good for it's last 2 years) so yea I'm not buying this "it was atrocious" shit. I'd rather have watch good TV than wring my hands over "OMG the belts are devalued cuz there's 2 sets of them!"

Smackdown was good the whole run, Raw was mostly shit. Big PPVs were devalued due to the two belts.

You can always do it right, but we'll see.

It's not like they weren't going to just devalue the titles anyway. We would have ended with tedious Triple H runs one way or another, probably with more hotshotting and BS babyface screwjobs. The only difference is that there wouldn't have been anything to counterbalance it.