Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After writing up my light heavyweight tournament (to be posted 9/9), I've been thinking more and more about running a show every two weeks. With two cards a month I would do a mostly light heavyweight roster show on one show at Korakuen or some other small building for 2000ish people that I could headline with Sakuraba vs Ishikawa or Regal vs Takayama and the other show would be my big Budokan/Castle Hall/Yokohoma Hall/Sumo Hall type shows with Takada vs Volk Han or whatever.

I'm pondering. I may mock up some cards to figure out what it would look like. But I think it'd be pretty easy to manage and realistically if I'm writing stuff up every two weeks it'll be easier to stay motivated in the project than the once a month I'd been planning on.

Basically after reading yall's first shows and how freaking awesome they are, I'm motivated to write more :)

After writing up my light heavyweight tournament (to be posted 9/9), I've been thinking more and more about running a show every two weeks. With two cards a month I would do a mostly light heavyweight roster show on one show at Korakuen or some other small building for 2000ish people that I could headline with Sakuraba vs Ishikawa or Regal vs Takayama and the other show would be my big Budokan/Castle Hall/Yokohoma Hall/Sumo Hall type shows with Takada vs Volk Han or whatever.

I'm pondering. I may mock up some cards to figure out what it would look like. But I think it'd be pretty easy to manage and realistically if I'm writing stuff up every two weeks it'll be easier to stay motivated in the project than the once a month I'd been planning on.

Basically after reading yall's first shows and how freaking awesome they are, I'm motivated to write more :)

It may seem like a small thing, but I am going to be running the exact schedule of All Japan, so if you want to be realistic, keep that in mind when scheduling your shows so we don't end up in the same arena on the same night. I could honestly care less about that aspect, but just for realism sake something to keep in mind.

It may seem like a small thing, but I am going to be running the exact schedule of All Japan, so if you want to be realistic, keep that in mind when scheduling your shows so we don't end up in the same arena on the same night. I could honestly care less about that aspect, but just for realism sake something to keep in mind.

I think it's very unlikely that we end up running the same building on the same day if I'm doing 2 shows a month.

You need to be worried more about the talent stealing aspect because I'm coming after Kawada who IRL was getting in trouble with Baba for wanting to work with UWFi ;)

I think it's very unlikely that we end up running the same building on the same day if I'm doing 2 shows a month.

You need to be worried more about the talent stealing aspect because I'm coming after Kawada who IRL was getting in trouble with Baba for wanting to work with UWFi ;)

Baba is out of action. Misawa has the book. Tenryu is back. Kawada is in good hands right now lol.

Should we have some kind of trash talking thread or in-character thread?

I know in my FMW section I had Shoici Arai insult AJPW, NJPW, and UWFi as wimpy wrestlers and that was fun to do.

That'd be cool. I planned on using press conferences/press releases to make fun of the fake pro-wrestlers and garbage men. UWFi management considers FMW more of a circus freak show than actual wrestlers. That's why Daisuke Ikeda needs to be saved. :)

I love jesse's website idea. There should be a phony GENE Rasmussen, Bill Schneider, Don J Williams thread of doom regarding the new issues of Northern Lights Bomb Video Review

I mean, I was planning to do some shitty mid-90's reviews of various shows at some point. Beware the Web.Deputy! And his love of The Hart's and hatred of HBK & Hogan.

Had to skimp on this week's Nitro, apologies. It's a format I'll use when I'm pressed for time; promos, announcements and snapshots of any match where the specifics of the in-ring action is notable in some way.

That's way better than skipping weeks altogether. Really appreciate that.

We have to talk about the Super J Cup! The first one was hugely successful in 1994, hosted by NJPW. The second one was to be hosted by WAR in December 1995. WAR has closed, so we have an issue here.

I don't think NJPW or AJPW should get it. NJPW already hosted and if AJPW gets it that blocks out NJPW talent from being on the show.

That leaves M-Pro, FMW, and UWFi.

I would be happy to handle the egos and book every promotion, including American talent for the show. All I would ask is that two FMW talent are on the show and one of them goes to the Semi Finals. Of course I'm talking about La Parka going to the semi-finals and having one of my other guys (Nakagawa, Yasuraoka, or Nakajima) lose in the first round.

Anyone else have a better offer?

I'm happy with you handling it, and I'm happy to send whomever you want. It's possible one or more of my guys would "demand" that they get to at least the second round or not job to certain participants. I imagine Sasuke, Delfin, and perhaps Naniwa would be the "difficult" ones. :rolleyes:

I'm happy with you handling it, and I'm happy to send whomever you want. It's possible one or more of my guys would "demand" that they get to at least the second round or not job to certain participants. I imagine Sasuke, Delfin, and perhaps Naniwa would be the "difficult" ones. :rolleyes:

Naniwa vs La Parka???????

I think we can talk about Sasuke doing very very very well in this.