Pro Wrestling Only

Dream Cinderella was indeed a great show.  I've seen folks call it a potential show of the year, and while I can't support that kind of talk, it was a really fun show with only the tag title match dragging at all.  AZM/Natsupoi was a hot, brisk opener and if AZM ends up anything less than one of the best in the world in a few year I'll be disappointed.  Momo/Nanae was great while it lasted but as noted above an unfortunate result, although a necessary one given the finish to Mayu/Yoshiko.  That was my second favorite match of the night behind the main event, and that's coming from someone who thinks both Giulia and Tam were overrated last year.  The title match between Hayashishita and Kamitani was also great and just shy of the **** level.  Would love another outing from them.  Well worth checking out.

Loved the Stardom Budokan show and is still my Show of Year as Wrestle Kingdom disappointed and WrestleMania was fun but didn't deliver like the Stardom Budokan show did.

The recent Yokohama Budokan show on 4/4 was a fine show. Nothing really blow away to me, but I've seen people gush over Natsupoi vs Tam and Bea vs Utami.

Yeah the 4/4 show was pretty good overall, it didn't have the any horrible like the 3/3 show did (goddamn that battle royale sucked).  The main event ran too long for me.  Bea/Utami was the MOTN for me.

More people need to check out Actwres girl'Z. It has turned into a pretty good little promotion that has a surprisingly deep roster by joshi standards. Both Miyuki Takase and Tae Honma are both top tier workers in joshi right now. Hikari Shimizu is a hidden gem of a worker in an era where that shouldn't exist because I didn't read anything about her until I started watching full cards where she stood out immediately. The rest of the roster is either very solid all around workers or rough ones who still show some upside potential. While she's far from the most spectacular worker, SAKI does a good job playing the vet.

If you want to give them a shot, I recommend the 2/11 and 4/4 shows. The main to the 2/11 show is the finals of the tournament to crown their first tag champs and also might be my joshi MOTY at this point. The top 3 matches on the 4/4 show are all hovering around great but I thought the whole show was more enjoyable than the Stardom Yokohama show the same day.

6 hours ago, donsem43 said:

More people need to check out Actwres girl'Z. It has turned into a pretty good little promotion that has a surprisingly deep roster by joshi standards. Both Miyuki Takase and Tae Honma are both top tier workers in joshi right now. Hikari Shimizu is a hidden gem of a worker in an era where that shouldn't exist because I didn't read anything about her until I started watching full cards where she stood out immediately. The rest of the roster is either very solid all around workers or rough ones who still show some upside potential. While she's far from the most spectacular worker, SAKI does a good job playing the vet.

If you want to give them a shot, I recommend the 2/11 and 4/4 shows. The main to the 2/11 show is the finals of the tournament to crown their first tag champs and also might be my joshi MOTY at this point. The top 3 matches on the 4/4 show are all hovering around great but I thought the whole show was more enjoyable than the Stardom Yokohama show the same day.

Thanks, will definitely check it out.  I've heard of the promotion but never gone out of my way to watch one of their shows.  Good to have some names/matches to start with.

Way hyped up for the GAEAism show happening on 6/13! It has been built entirely around an interpromotional angle between Sendai Girls and Marvelous and has a very 90's feel to it as you feel like there is actual hate between the two groups. The line up doesn't have anything that jumps out as a potential MOTY but the booking has been so good in the build up that you want to watch the show just to see where everything goes, which is something that is becoming exceedingly rare in modern wrestling. I really encourage everybody to go check out the highlight videos on Sendai Girls' and Marvelous' YouTube channels to catchup on the build to the show.