Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Oct 3-9

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title match feels like a "high pressure" one for me to watch, so I haven't seen it yet. I did catch most of the rest of the show this morning on 2x speed on youtube, skipping completely the Rollins interview and slowing down for the Jericho/Owens/New Day Segment which was a lot of fun.

Best Jericho run since like 2009. He might be mediocre at best in the ring and horrible at worst, but he is consistently the most entertaining thing on WWE TV this year on the mic. Really that is Jericho at his best. I'm very happy to be a stupid idiot again that drinks in Gift of Jericho and to watch "it". He is great with Enzo and Owens. Excited to see what he does with New Day from this past RAW.

So I mooch off my parents for cable (I have my own house, but when I want to watch TV I go over to my parents), Smackdown conflicts with my parents watching Dancing WIth the Stars & some FOX comedies. Whats the best way for me to watch Smackdown without the USA network?

hulu

The Miz/Dolph and main event segments were great enough that I have to call it a good show, but Smackdown this week sure felt like they were more concerned with getting through all the stuff they had to get through than anything else. On the one hand I guess I should credit them for actually caring about building to a PPV, but on the other, when you try to cram in build to every match on a 3 hour show in 80 minutes (when accounting for commercials), the wrestling part of the show really suffers. Ideally I'd like to see at least one good 10 minute match per week. To me it feels dated to have a 2 hour show without any good matches.

At this point "good matches" are so easy to come by I'd much rather see a show that is more focused on consistent storyline progression and good promos/angles. I'd call it more of a throwback to when wrestling TV was good more often than it was bad than saying it's "dated."

It also helps make the PPV feel more special if the match quality is noticeably better there than on TV which is something that WWE has struggled with in recent years.

The key is Ryan Ward combined with two hours vs three. Look at 2014-2015 NXT. I don't get why this is hard to figure?

Because it's so different from WWE TV of the last few years it's kind of amazing Vince hasn't vetoed most of their ideas. Bonus of Vince not paying attention to Smackdown I suppose.

At this point "good matches" are so easy to come by I'd much rather see a show that is more focused on consistent storyline progression and good promos/angles. I'd call it more of a throwback to when wrestling TV was good more often than it was bad than saying it's "dated."

It also helps make the PPV feel more special if the match quality is noticeably better there than on TV which is something that WWE has struggled with in recent years.

Very much this.