Pro Wrestling Only

PWO Fantasy Draft 1988-1994 Edition

LowBlowPodcast

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/40033-with-the-first-pick-in-the-draft-pwo-selects/

As a reference, there are some of us interested in a massive draft from 1988-1994.

As of right now, here are the individuals interested, please reply to this if you'd like to be added to the list...

1. Low Blow
  2. Superkix
  3. dkookyPunk
  4. Beast
  5. Blehschmidt
  6. SmartMark15
  7. Grimmas
  8. Jetlag
  9. Joeg
  10. El Boricua
  11. Gordi
  12. SirEdgar
  13. Lee Casebolt

Some rules (these are changing as we develop)

PRE-DRAFT

1. This will be a 30 round draft
  2. Order will be random throughout the draft and picked then snake in the follow round
  3. We are looking to cap at 10-15 people in order to make it manageable

DRAFT RULES

1. Any individual wrestler picked will count as 1 draft pick
  2. Any tag team picked will count as the current pick and the next rounds pick
  3. A tag team can be split and utilized as one effectively splitting the team (the other member can obviously be picked later if wanted)
  4. When you draft an individual or team, put the year behind them that you would like them to be utilized...
  5. - For instance, if I were to draft Hulk Hogan, I would draft Hulk Hogan (1989) saying that when he's used, it would be his 1989 persona.

POST DRAFT

1. You can finish the draft and just have your roster
  2. You could also build to one major show and write it up

This is organic and will continue to change as we get going, I think we can shoot for a December start date if not earlier as we begin to put together the master list of workers and decided if we just do North America or if we expand to Mexico and Japan.

I'd be in.

If I select 92 Bret, that eliminates all other Bret's, eh?

Also, can I just load up on 92 AJW for half my roster?

Yes each wrestler can only be picked once. There's no 89 Flair and 91 Flair type stuff.

If you wanted to make your promotion based off 92 ajw then yes. It's a massive roster of talent were looking at if we open Japan and Mexico. I wouldn't even know where to start to put the list together given the scope of our time frame

Looks like I have this up to date and we're at 10 people.

Do we want to cap at 15 for sake of making it something doable?

In regards to the pool.... 1988 to 1994 is a very wide range...

Do we want to go to 1988 to 1992 or keep it at 1988 to 1994?

Also, in regards to the people available... is it too much to think that we don't need to have a set pool and just use our honor and book keeping when it comes to who is available to be picked? If we open it up to Japan and Mexico, aren't we looking at a pool of over 1,000 people over a 4 to 6 year period? I don't think I want to put together that kind of list.

I also wanted to talk tag teams... so we know some of the famous tag teams but other teams... like the MegaPowers... it should be known you can't get Hogan and Savage together right? Then I think of teams like the Twin Towers and Skyscrapers... who I think are different. I view the Towers like two singles while the Skyscrapers would be a team. Same could be said for a Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi combo.

Looks like I have this up to date and we're at 10 people.

Do we want to cap at 15 for sake of making it something doable?

In regards to the pool.... 1988 to 1994 is a very wide range...

Do we want to go to 1988 to 1992 or keep it at 1988 to 1994?

Also, in regards to the people available... is it too much to think that we don't need to have a set pool and just use our honor and book keeping when it comes to who is available to be picked? If we open it up to Japan and Mexico, aren't we looking at a pool of over 1,000 people over a 4 to 6 year period? I don't think I want to put together that kind of list.

I also wanted to talk tag teams... so we know some of the famous tag teams but other teams... like the MegaPowers... it should be known you can't get Hogan and Savage together right? Then I think of teams like the Twin Towers and Skyscrapers... who I think are different. I view the Towers like two singles while the Skyscrapers would be a team. Same could be said for a Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi combo.

I definitely think there should be some kind of honor system as to not just picking tag teams that were either part-time or just thrown together for star power's sake.

However, one way to get around that might be that any team drafted must be booked (in our major show) primarily as a tag team.

For tag teams I would think that you should take into account if the team was a notable chunk of the time period we're going to use. In the case of the Twin Towers and Skyscrapers the tag teams are a blip on the radar for the members. In other cases, you have teams like Eaton/Lane, Enos/Bloom, the Steiners, LOD, etc. are teams where a notable chunk of the members time was in the team. I'd even say the Rockers should be eligible as a team because that's a 4 year period of the year range being considered. I think a list should be made or at least people should bring up teams in order to determine if they're eligible to be drafted as one.

The other thing I'd suggest is that if you draft a tag team it's the same year for both members.

For tag teams I would think that you should take into account if the team was a notable chunk of the time period we're going to use. In the case of the Twin Towers and Skyscrapers the tag teams are a blip on the radar for the members. On other cases, you have teams like Eaton/Lane, Enos/Bloom, the Steiners, LOD, etc. are teams where a notable chunk of the members time was in the team. I'd even say the Rockers should be eligible as a team because that's a 4 year period of the year range being considered. I think a list should be made or at least people should bring up teams in order to determine if they're eligible to be drafted as one.

The other thing I'd suggest is that if you draft a tag team it's the same year for both members.

I like the idea of if you draft them as a team... It's same year for both and then you'd have to use them as a team in your show.

Right now we're at 12. I say we go until the end of the week and then decide on 2 things.

1. Which years will we be doing

1988 to 1992

or

1988 to 1994

2. We need to decided if we need to make a pool or not. There are pros and cons to this... but if we use an honor system and the knowledge that a pick can be challenged (given the circumstance of a tag team). I think that is really our only hang up. If we are broadening everything out to North America, Japan, and Mexico, the list would be huge and I don't know how we could compile a legit list of talent from this wide of range in years to cover the sheer amount of workers who would be available.

So please vote if on..

1. The years

2. If we need a pool

Thanks!

Personally, we could stick with 88-92. I don't really mind both options to be honest but to spare us from a monstrous amount of time collecting data and such, we should go with 88-92.

I think we're knowledgeable enough to go with the honor system. Again, saving us some time with the pool and everything.