Pro Wrestling Only

NWA World Wrestling Council August 1986

dawho5

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico on 8/8/1986.  This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr,  Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays.  Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta
Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre
Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.  They go over the matches and interviews for the show.  Rickin talks about how Hercules Ayala won the taped fist match series last week.  TNT is back in Puerto Rico tonight.  Hugo hypes Bam Bam Bigelow being on the show tonight and the main event tag tem match, Chris Benoit and Bam Bam Bigelow against Invader 3 and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Los Tejanos vs. Los Super Medicos 
Medicos control with smooth teamwork and legal double teams.  Medico 1 cuts off a Tejano comeback with his punch series.  He tags in Medico 3 and slams Medico 3 down on Tejano and that is enough for the three count.

Rickin talks about the challenge laid down last week by Medico 1 and the series of 6-man tag matches across Puerto Rico throughout the week.  Hugo doubts los Super Medicos are up for the challenge.  Rickin and Hugo talk about how Super Medico 1 pinned Chicky Starr in a singles match on Sunday and show the footage.

(Commercial Break)

Video is shown of the Santana/Hart feud throughout the week.  Ricky Santana is at the desk and talks about how he is ready to take the belt that is rightfully his back from Owen Hart.  He says Owen Hart has been running away from him all over Puerto Rico.  Rickin points out that on one of those occasions Santana took the belt to the face and Santana admits that it was an effective, if cowardly, tactic.  "Owen Hart is going to pay for all he's done, I can promise the fans that much!!"   Santana heads for the ring.  Hugo comments that all tactics are viable, which Rickin counters with explaining that the fans often decide who they love or hate based on those tactics.

Domingo Robles vs. Ricky Santana

Santana controls with babyface technical offense.  Robles cheats to gain a short advantage before a series of punches and chops by Santana knocks him down.  Santana climbs up top and hits the flying crossbody for the three count.

Rickin and Hugo talk about Santana's newfound impatience with illegal tactics, something both announcers approve of.

(Commercial Break)

Sports Shop

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard and Abdullah Tamba on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!!  This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks in wearing his custom suit, an angry look and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  He picks up a microphone and sits down.

Chicky: You would think the WWC would learn to enforce the rules a little better!  Come on out Ronnie!

Ron walks in with an angry look as well and sits down.

Chicky: (English)  This is ridiculous.  I TOLD the WWC that Hercules Ayala would try to cheat his way into winning against my cousin.  And guess what.  He did.  Roll it.

A montage of Ayala using low blows against Ron Starr, using the ropes to work on Ron's leg and anything remotely illegal is played.

Chicky: So you see, this is the man you cheer whenever he come out.  Just because he is friends with Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon.  Ronnie, why do I even bother trying to get us a fair chance?

Ron: I don't know.  You're more of an optimist than I am, maybe.  Ayala, the whole world knows you cheated to beat me now.  So just keep that in mind before you start running your mouth.

Chicky: He will tell any lie he has to.  We both know that.  In other news, Victor here beat Super Medico 1 in a singles match.  Victor here has been wrestling for all of one month and he can beat Super Medico 1.  But the WWC sees him as one of the challengers for these belts.  (taps his belt)  I'm sure the fans have already been shown that sham of a win he got against me.

Ron: Ridiculous.  They don't belong in the same ring.  If Super Medico 1 had been wrestling clean you'd have won.

Chicky: It is ridiculous isn't it?  I talked to them last week you know.  Terrible show and I had such a headache.  (shakes his head)  Moving on, Abdullah Tamba got a win against both Ricky Santana AND Carlitos Colon last week!  He very nearly beat Bam Bam Bigelow!  The man is unstoppable and I hope Jos LeDuc was watching.

Ron: He won't care.  LeDuc is hardheaded and won't stop.

Chicky: Then we'll have to do that for him.  Now we've come to what I really want to talk about.  Los Super Medicos, you know, that guy who lost to Victor here and his partner, will be wrestling us in 6-man tags all week.

Ron: So they get to lose a lot then.

Chicky: Or they'll get dragged to a win by whatever partner they choose.

Ron: Sounds about right.  They are pretty helpless on their own.

Chicky: They really are.  It does make for easy title defenses though.

Ron: There is that.  Turning down an easy payday isn't something I make a habit out of.

Chicky: Never have, never will.  (Spanish)  We're out of time ladies and gentlemen and I'm glad to say the Sports Shop has rebounded after a terrible week last week.  Of course with guests like my cousin Ronnie, how could a show not be great.  And just to make sure I am the first to tell you, the NWA National Heavyweight champ will be in town next week to defend his belt against my brother.  On TV!   We are very excited and I'm sure you are too!  See you next week.

Chicky and Ron get up and walk off-set.  Cut to the arena where Rickin is his usual miffed self after the Sports Shop.  He talks about how Ron and Chicky broke the rules far more often than Ayala did.  Hugo agrees, but says it doesn't matter.  Ayala won.  Both announcers talk about the return of TNT and the reasons for his absence on his way to the ring.

Mr. X vs. TNT
TNT controls with his mix of martial arts strikes and wrestling.  He cuts off an X comeback with a superkick out of nowhere.  The cobra dinamita is applied and it is a over quickly.  Profe calls off TNT and they leave to boos and garbage.

(Commercial Break)

Barrabas is at the desk and he complains about the treatment he got at the hands of Chicky Starr before delighting in what Ricky Santana did to Starr in that same match.  Barrabas mentions that the Battens continued their losing ways against los Mercenarios.  Rickin counters by saying los Mercenarios are a dangerous team and that the Battens scored a win over Boyd and the Crusher as well.  Barrabas gets angry, but calms down.  He says that last night the Battens split a pair of singles of matches against Boyd and the Crusher with Barrabas not allowed at ringside.  Barrabas challenges the Battens to the same next week, but with Barrabas allowed at ringside.  He starts getting angry and storms off after Rickin suggests this might tip the odds in the favor of Boyd and the Crusher.  Footage is shown of three tag matches last week. The strife between Chicky Starr and Barrabas (and Santanas plancha on Starr) are shown as is los Mercenarios holding a folding table between them and running Bart over with it.  Then the Battens win over Boyd and the Crusher in a six-man tag.  Rickin and Hugo both put over how much the fans have been embracing the Battens.

Los Assassins vs. The Batten Twins
The Battens use their teamwork and babyface offense to control.  An Assassin comeback is cut off by a drop toe hold by Brad after a blind tag.  Bart hits the ropes and drops an elbow.  Brad is immediately tagged back in and they hit a double dropick for the three count.

Rickin and Hugo praise the teamwork by the Battens.  Hugo isn't sure they can beat Boyd and the Crusher in a 2 on 2 tag match.  Rickin is sure they can, but admits that Barrabas at ringside is a huge advantage.

(Commercial Break)

Highlights of the bloody battles between Jaggers and Dutch are shown.  Jaggers is at the desk and he complains about Mantell's attack from behind while showing Rickin the wound on back of his head.  Rickin reminds Jaggers that he contributed to Dutch's arm getting broken.  Jaggers replies that he didn't break the arm, so he shouldn't be the one taking this punishment.  But since he is, he's gonna make Dutch Mantell pay, maybe even hurt him worse.  Rickin and Hugo talk this over and then discuss Abdullah Tamba and his success of late.

Armandito Salgado vs. Abdullah Tamba
Tamba controls the whole match and hits the tope for a countout victory.

Rickin and Hugo talk about how Chicky Starr has found a very dangerous weapon in Tamba.  Rickin has concerns about how dangerous Tamba is given who he works for.

(Commercial Break)

Rickin informs us the Battens have accepted the challenge from Barrabas for singles matches next week.  Highlights are shown of the July 5th match between Chris Benoit and Invader 3 and the match between Hercules Ayala and Bam Bam Bigelow on the same card.  Benoit and Bigelow are at the desk.  Benoit puts over Invader 3, but says he wants to prove he can beat him tonight.  Bigelow says that the match with Ayala was one of the toughest matches he has been in.  He expects another tough match on Sptember 20th, but has no plans of giving up the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight title.  Rickin and Hugo talk about how this match is essentially two rematches in one.

Chris Benoit & WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Champion Bam Bam Bigelow vs. NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Invader 3 & Hercules Ayala
This match is wrestled cleanly, but it is clear who wants to fight whom.  Ayala and Bigelow have a battle of the bulls that doesn't go Bigelow's way nearly as fast as you'd think for the weight difference.  Invader 3 and Benoit try to outwrestle one another on the mat and in the air.  Momentum shifts several times and Bigelow ends up in the ring with Invader 3 for a little before tagging in Benoit.  That proves to be all Benoit needs as he hits a big series of chops to set up a bridging German suplex for the three.   Invader 3 and Benoit shake hands while Bigelow and Ayala eye one another across the ring.

Rickin and Hugo put over both Benoit and Bigelow, as well as noticing they worked well as a team.  They focus on Benoit getting a clean win over the man who beat him for theNWA LHW title.  It's time to go and the card for September 20th so far will be shown on the way out.

Main Event: Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlitos Colon for the vacant WWC Universal Heavyweight Title in a Fire Match

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships

Hercules Ayala vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Santana vs. Owen Hart (C) for the WWC Light Heavyweight Championship in a Street Fight

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a Cage Match

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Medicos show they're worthy challengers for the belts. Good TV wins for Santana, Battens and Tamba. Tamba has been built up well and the Battens have really become fan favorites. I'm expecting some chaos with Barrabas next week. The Dutch/Jaggers cage match is going to be one epic blow off! TNT gets a good comeback win. I missed his presence and I'm sure he'll make up for lost time. Another fun Sports Shop. I knew Chicky had a good reason for his loss. Solid contrast of styles main event. I liked the post match stare down with Bam Bam and Ayala. 

WWC House Show 8/8/86
Pachin Vincens Stadium, Ponce, Puerto Rico

Invader 2 vs. Victor the Bodyguard w/Chicky Starr
In keeping with his recent performances, Victor struggled to keep any kind of advantage without Chicky's help or his own cheating.  Invader 2 was able to work around the Victor size advantage with his speed and very effective left hooks.  Victor was looking strong after a baseball bat shot by Chicky on the outside, but Invader 2 hit a surprise double throat chop and covered.  Chicky hit the ring and had to attack referee Tomas Marin to break the count, giving Invader 2 the win by DQ.  He went after Invader 2, who rolled out of the way and exited the ring.  The fans pelted the ring with garbage as Chicky tended to Victor.

Huracan Castillo Jr. & Ricky Santana w/Miguelito Perez vs. Owen Hart & Mercenario 1 w/Chicky Starr
This one was out of control.  It came back to a tag match occasionally, but things were mostly 2 on 2 brawling in and out of the ring.  Santana was bloodied by Hart with a chairshot.  Owen Hart took a particularly nasty shot into the ringpost and re-opened his cut.  Santana worked the cut over until Hart low blowed him and first crawled, then walked, then ran for the exit.  Santana gave chase in the same order, but the crawling lasted longer.  Castillo and Mercenario brawled to the back.

The Batten Twins & Dutch Mantell vs. Jonathan Boyd, the Crusher & Bobby Jaggers w/Barrabas
This was pretty tame right away for Mantell and Jaggers being involved.  Both stayed mostly on the apron and tagged in as momentum shifted from side to side, neither in the ring with one another.  Jaggers caught Mantell from behind with the riding crop, busting Dutch open on the back of the head.  The Battens tried valiantly to rescue Dutch and help him make the tag, but the heels just worked Dutch over until Jaggers hit the hangman's neckbreaker for the three.  Jaggers didn't look to be done, but a double dropkick from the Battens put him on the mat.  Boyd and the Crusher rolled him out of the ring and Barrabas taunted the Battens as they tended to Dutch.  Dutch did get up of his own accord and the crowd showed their support.  The clean-up crew came out to make sure the blood in the ring from Dutch's head was cleaned up enough to wrestle on.

Miguelito Perez & Los Super Medicos vs. Mercenario 2 & Los Primos Starr
Perez was on Merc 2 before the bell, but that cost him as the Starrs took advantage and it was  three on one.  Medicos couldn't get past referee Ricky Vargas to help and it settled into the heels beating up Perez.  Once Perez was able to tag, Medico 1 busted both Chicky and Ron open with punches after ripping off the bandages from last night.  Mercenario 2 fared little better.  A wild 3 on 3 brawl broke out, but settled down when Medico 3 low blowed Ron and took over on offense.  The faces controlled for a little before Merc 2 caught Perez while he was running the ropes and snapped him down to the mat.  The Starrs worked Perez over before dropping him throat-first on the top rope and tagging Merc 2.  Chicky hit a low blow while Perez was in the wrong corner and Merc 2 powerslammed Perez out of the corner for the three.

Abdullah Tamba & Abdullah the Butcher w/Chicky Starr vs. Jos LeDuc & Carlitos Colon
Tamba and Colon were sporting the bandages from being cut last night.  Abby was quick to take advantage of that on Colon, but Colon was quick to battle back.  Until Tamba joined the fray and put the momentum squarely on Abby's side.  LeDuc tried to help, but referee Victor Quinonez put him back on the apron and then did the same to Tamba.  Colon hit a low blow on Abby but Tamba cut him off.  LeDuc put Tamba down and had Abby against the turnbuckle, but Chicky distracted Quinonez after Quinonez moved LeDuc back to his corner and the referee didn't see the tag.  Colon finally cleaned house himself after firing up and doing his signature cartwheel.  He once again went after Abby's left eye while LeDuc beelined for Tamba.  Referees and officials could not break up the brawl after it spilled outside.  Security took a while to clear ringside after the match.

I wouldn't mind seeing a LeDuc vs Abdullah the Butcher match. I think it could be pretty fun from a character standpoint. I like the left eye focus for Colon who is showing he is not afraid to take things to another level.  Owen Hart will return to the states with the scars of time on his face and this tour has been quite the success and eye opening experience for what he will become. 

Chicky must have a baseball background because he sure knows how to swing a bat. I like how you use tag team matches to further feuds. I also use this logic quite a bit. Owen and Santana continues to be a gem of a feud. Jaggers gets the best of Dutch in this battle. Battens continue to rise. Loved the 6 man brawl. Starr Corporation get the big win. Awesome main event and how could it not be, with the Abdullah's teaming up against Colon and Leduc. It was as wild as to be expected. 

WWC House Show 8/9/86
Luis T. Diaz Coliseum, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

The Batten Twins & Dutch Mantell vs. Jonathan Boyd, the Crusher & Bobby Jaggers w/Barrabas
Dutch came in with the Battens but laid in ambush for Jaggers.  He caught Jaggers from the side as the Battens charged Boyd and the Crusher from ringside.  Dutch and Jaggers were after one another with their riding crops around the entrance area before they had to be forcibly separated and dragged to the back.  The match between the Battens, Boyd and the Crusher got back to the ring where the Battens worked over the Crusher with teamwork and babyface offense.  Boyd was next for this, but he caught Brad with a low blow as Barrabas distracted referee Ricky Vargas.  Boyd and the Crusher used their own sharp teamwork,s some questionable tactics and Barrabas on the outside to control.  Brad crawled through the legs of both opponents and tagged Brad, who came in hot.  He got both the Crusher and Boyd down, but Barrabas distracted him and Boyd rolled him up for the three count.  Barrabas taunted the Battens on his way out of the arena.  A frustrated Bart was consoled by Brad and the support of the fans.

Miguelito Perez w/Huracan Castillo Jr. vs. Mercenario 2 w/Mercenario 1
Perez and Merc 2 actually stayed in the ring and had a half wrestling match, half brawl.  For a while anyway.  Merc 1 interfered on behalf of Merc 2 and Castillo was quick to go on the attack.  Referees and officials separated the brawl after some time.  

Invader 1 w/Ricky Santana vs. Owen Hart w/Chicky Starr
Owen Hart refused to put his title up because Santana was at ringside.  Invader 1 took this as an opportunity and attacked.  Invader brawled to stay in control, attacking the cut on Owen's forehead.  Owen used every dirty trick he knew to get control and work over Invader's arm.  Chicky was sure to take any shot he could at Invader 1, even risking disqualification by getting caught several times.  Finally Santana charged Chicky and chased him away with his own baseball bat after re-opening the cut Chicky had suffered on Thursday.  Invader 1 almost got the sleeper on Owen Hart, but Hart fell forward and rammed Invader's head into the turnbuckle.  Owen, now seeing that Chicky was gone, headed for the hills.  He had to duck an angry swing of the bat by Santana and stumble into a run to escape.  The fans roared their support of Santana and Invader after the match.

Invader 2 & Los Super Medicos vs. Victor the Bodyguard & Los Primos Starr
Los Super Medicos came out with a vengeance and Invader 2 was ready to avenge his treatment last night by Victor and Starr.  Chicky was first in the ring with the babyfaces and ended up bloody within a minute as Medico 1 did nothing but punch him.  Ron was next as Medico 3 let Chicky stumble over to the corner and tag.  Ron was bleeding within two minutes despite trying to go for the eyes.  He hit a low blow on Medico 3 and tagged Victor.  Invader 2 took the tag from Medico 3 and went to town on Victor with straight rights punctutated by left hooks.  The Starrs headed for the hills, but thought better of it and had a conference at ringside, which led to the babyfaces attacking and keeping the advantage.  A low blow by Chicky to Medico 1 gained the heels the advantage and they hung onto it.  Medico 1 hit a low blow of his own on Chicky to tag Medico 3.  Chicky and Ron distracted Medico 3 (mainly by being punching bags) while Victor hit him from behind with the baseball bat.  Referee Tomas Marin was busy herding Medico 1 and Invader 2 to their corner and didn't see it.  Chicky fell on top of Medico 3 for the three.  The Starrs retreated, taunting Invader 2 and los Super Medicos as they had garbage thrown their way.

Mercenario 1 & Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr vs. Huracan Castillo Jr. & Carlitos Colon w/Miguelito Perez
Yet another flat out brawl that involved the ringside wrestlers.  Colon and Tamba, who had bled both of the last two nights , were both bloody early.  This one did migrate back to the ring with Tamba and Merc 1 working over Colon.  Castillo's hot tag blew the roof off and he really gave it everything he had.  He managed to clothesline Tamba over the top rope, but chopping him down had taken enough time for Merc 1 to blast him from behind.  Colon made sure that didn't last, taking out Merc 1's leg and dropping elbows on it.  He put on the figure four and got the submission as the crowd roared.  Chicky and Tamba pulled Merc 1 out of the ring as the babyfaces celebrated.  

Nice job on the house show continuity. Once again Dutch and Jaggers add more heat to their already heated feud. Battens fall but the heels needed this win. Love the tag team wrestlers in solo matches because (like in this match) really keeps the storyline interesting. Wild match with Owen and Invader 1. I laughed when Owen realized Chicky was gone and just took off. Crazy 6 man tag. Man, Chicky's bat was everywhere tonight. Chicky gets the fall and gets a lot of garbage thrown at him. The finish to the main event must of blown the roof off the place! Colon stands strong. 

My understanding is that the TV in PR had crap matches with a lot of interviews/clips and story development.  And the house shows were iterations of the big match-ups that didn't give you the satisfaction of the big show matches, like seeing Dutch vs. Jaggers one on one, etc.  And the big shows had gimmick matches and big names from the U.S., all the stuff you'd expect from a big show every two or three months.

I try and keep the general idea of that with very likely more substance than you would have gotten on TV.  And I throw in some little surprises here and there on house shows.  I'm not sure the little house show challenge series set up by TV was a hook that was used by the WWC, but it seems to make sense.

I also may be pushing the boundaries of reality with Owen, Santana and Benoit.  Owen might not have been able to pull off the vicious heel stuff just yet, but I feel like all of the nice guy act and Bruce stuff would have been natural for him.  Santana isn't near as polished as I present him by this point very likely.  But Colon amd Invader 1 were booked on top well into the 90s and that's what killed business in PR.  So I'm developing the young guys into actual stars who can take over.  Benoit probably was not the smooth junior that we saw in 90 (and I wrote) in 86.  But I wanted to put him over big.  I don't feel like I'm doing more with Bigelow than he could have handled at this point yet though.

WWC House Show 8/10/86
Utuado, Puerto Rico

The Caribbean Express & Invader 1 vs. Victor the Bodyguard &  Los Mercenarios w/Chicky Starr
As opening 6-man tags go, this one got the crowd into things fast.  Invader 1 and the Express controlled for a short time before the Mercs hit the ring and everything was chaos.  Somehow in this chaos Victor hit a low blow on Castillo and he ended up being the legal man.  He finally tagged in Invader 1, who came in hot and cleared the ring.  Until Chicky distracted him long enough for Victor to hit a low blow.  Invader took a longer beating than Castillo, but turned things around with a blatant punt to the nuts on Merc 1.  Perez took the tag and cleared the ring except for Merc 2.  He tagged Castillo, who was already up top.  Castillo hit a missile dropkick for the three count.  Chicky gathered his men and the crowd threw garbage at them all the way to the back as the babyfaces celebrated in the ring.

Brad Batten vs. Jonathan Boyd
Boyd was again quick on the attack against a single Batten.  This time he got the advantage and kept it a while.  Until Brad hit him with a low blow to turn the tides.  Brad used his babyface offense to control and the match ended up turning into a brawl when Boyd tried to punch his way back into it.  Boyd hit a few power moves, but Brad was able to counter a side suplex by breaking Boyd's grip and rolling into a schoolboy for the three.  Boyd went on the attack.  Bart Batten was out quickly to save, with Barrabas leading the Crusher out to even things up.  The Caribbean Express ran in to help the Battens clear the ring after things went south for them.  The teams shook hands as the crowd threw garbage at Barrabas, Boyd and the Crusher.

Owen Hart & Bobby Jaggers vs. Ricky Santana & Dutch Mantell Street Fight
To say this was an out of control brawl is an understatement.  Nobody was in wrestling gear.  Everyone had some kind of weight belt or taped fists.  Everybody bled.  Foreign objects were used and the ring was an afterthought most of the time.  Dutch caught Jaggers with a short lariat after a few shots with the riding crop and pinned him on the gym floor for the win.  Security had to separate Owen and Santana after the match was over, as well as drag Mantell off of Jaggers.  Jaggers managed to get in a cheapshot, but he was controlled by security almost immediately.

Bart Batten vs. Jos LeDuc
LeDuc was in control of most of the match, with Bart playing the plucky underdog.  Bart managed to stagger LeDuc up against the ropes with a dropkick and followed with a clothesline to send the big man over.  This gave Bart some time to regroup and he stayed in control when LeDuc got back in the ring, but the big Canadian lumberjack's power was too much for Batten and he fell victim to the one-armed backbreaker.  LeDuc raised Bart's arm to the cheering crowd after the match.

Abdullah Tamba & Los Primos Starr vs. Los Super Medicos & Carlitos Colon
Los Super Medicos and Colon started hot, rushing the heels before the bell.  They cleared the Starrs from the ring and worked over Abdullah Tamba.  Both Chicky and Ron tried to interfere and turn the tides, but this only got them hit more.  Finally Ron was able to trip up Medico 3 and Tamba took control before making the tag.  The heels cheated their way to keeping control, Colon and Medico 1 both distracting the referee by trying to help multiple times.  Medico 3 got the tag to Medico 1 and the roof blew off.  Colon beelined for Tamba while Medico 1 took on both Starrs.  He sent Chicky running out of the ring and knocked Ron down with a punch combo.  Medico 3 got the tag and was slammed down onto Ron for the 3 count.  The Starrs and Tamba retreated to the back as the crowd roared in approval of Colon and los Super Medicos.

Hot opener as The Caribbean Express get a good shine here. Brad gets a huge singles win over Boyd as their feud continues. What a tag team street fight, involving 2 heated feuds. This time Dutch gets the better of Jaggers, if only for a short time. The Owen/Santana feud once again moves up a notch. Leduc is having a pretty good run here. Awesome main event! Colon and Medicos beat the Starr Corporation and send the fans home extremely happy.  

I love the team of Bam Bam and Benoit. That would have been pretty exciting to see. I like how Benoit and 3 show mutual respect but Bigelow and Ayala just eye each other.

You've really kept the heat up between Owen and Ricky Santana. What a great feud for both guys!

Seeing the two Abdullahs team up is also pretty cool. You just know that chaos will be the outcome there. 

The Starrs are just the ultimate heels. Always super entertaining.

WWC House Show 8/14/86
Isabel Segunda, Puerto Rico

Huracan Castillo Jr. w/Miguelito Perez vs. Mercenario 1 w/Mercenario 2
This one went right to the all-out brawl between wrestlers and seconds.  Both Perez and Merc 1 bled.  And got completely out of referee Ricky Vargas' control.  The two teams brawled until referees and officials could not break them up so security had to.

Brad Batten vs. the Crusher w/Barrabas
The Crusher waded in with his usual clubbering and power moves but Brad fought back with right hands and ended up knocking the Crusher out of the ring with a dropkick.  The Crusher adopted a stalling strategy and ended up catching an overly ambitious crossbody from Batten.  He slammed Batten down and went to work on him with Barrabas urging him on from ringside.  Brad reversed a whip that led to the Crusher just barely avoiding a collision with Barrabas, then caught the Crusher in a schoolboy for the three.

Bart Batten vs. Jonathan Boyd w/Barrabas
Batten anticipated the Boyd pre-match attack and suckered him into a drop toe hold with Boyd catching his own throat on the top rope.  Boyd was on the defensive all match, trying to brawl back into it.  Barrabas made several openings foir his man, but in the end Bart pulled himself over the top rope from the apron into a sunset flip for the three count.  After the match Barrabas was too busy checking on Boyd to call in any kind of attack.

Los Super Medicos & Los Invaders (1 & 3) vs. Victor the Bodyguard, Abdullah Tamba & Los Primos Starr
This one was all action right away with the babyfaces in control.  A low blow by Ron on Medico 1 changed that quickly.  Invader 1 took the tag after an extended heel control and fell victim to several attacks to the eyes and a low blow by Chicky before taking a longer beating.  Medico 1 was tagged by Invader and really went to work on both Starrs as Invader 3 and Medico 3 took it to Victor and Tamba.  Chicky bailed and Medico 1 went after him, with Ron attacking Medico 1 as he did.  Invader 1 went after Ron as Victor was rolled up by Medico 3 for the three count.

Invader 2 vs. Owen Hart (C) WWC Lightweight Championship
A more even match than their last with no arm to exploit by Owen and no cut for Invader 2 to exploit.  Hart wrestled cleaner than he has been, but still used dirty tricks to make most of his comebacks.  Invader 2 tried for a double throat chop while Owen was in control, but Owen scrambled out of the ring after barely avoiding it.  Invader 2 tracked Owen down and tossed him back in the ring, but Owen went low and rolled Invader 2 up for the three count to retain his title.   Ricky Santana came running out to chase Owen off before he could do any more damage.  

Mercenario 2 w/Mercenario 1 & Chicky Starr vs. Carlitos Colon
Colon faced long odds against Merc 2 with two men outside the ring.  He was able to stay on offense in the time between their interference, but that was usually pretty short.  He finally made his big comeback after the cartwheel.  He took on all 3, clearing all but Merc 1 (not even in the match) out of the ring and dropping elbows on the leg.  The figure four got Colon the victory despite it not being Mercenario 2.  Chicky Starr was livid at referee Victor Quinonez after the match, but the result stood and the fans showered Chicky and company with garbage while roaring for Colon.

Wild way to start the show and keep that feud hot. Battens both score singles wins over Boyd and Crusher. I wonder what's going to happen next time they square off in a tag match. Fun 6 man and a strong baby face win. Owen retains in a hard fought match with Invader 2. Nice run in by Santana as these two cant stay away from each other. Great finish to the main event as Colon pulls one over on Chicky's Mercenarios. LOL, even when Chicky comes up short he's still showered with garbage. Rough night for Starr Corporation. 

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr,  Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays.  Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta
Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre
Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.  They talk about the matches today and Rickin is incensed that Ron Starr somehow got a chance at the prestigious NWA National Title.  Hugo pipes in with something about winning making opportunities.   Rickin, as he often does, comments on the way the Starrs win their matches.

Armandito Salgado vs. Victor the Bodyguard w/Chicky Starr
Victor is in charge most of the match with his brawling.  Salgado gets cut off with an eye rake and a boot to the gut.  Victor follows with a DDT  for the three count.  Chicky makes sure the fans know his man won after the match, which gets the reaction you think it does.

Rickin doesn't understand the need to go after Salgado's eyes, but puts Victor over as a dangerous competitor.  We'll be right back with Owen Hart at the desk and TNT in action.

(Commercial Break)

Highlights are shown of the Santana/Hart interactions last week.

Owen Hart complains about the way Ricky Santana has been stalking him all over Puerto Rico.  He says that the man is obsessed.  Hart repeats his claim that Santana will not get any more title shots after this one, so he better back off after he loses the match on September 20th.  If he doesn't, Hart knows somebody with very good lawyers who will make his life miserable.

Rickin and Hugo talk about Owen's behavior since the Bruce Hart incident.  Then they talk about Jos LeDuc's feud with Abdullah Tamba.

Mr. Z vs. Jos LeDuc
LeDuc controls the intire match with his power offense and pins Z after a one-armed backbreaker.

Hugo tells us the Sports Shop is next!!!  Rickin seems less than enthused.

(Commercial Break)

Sports Shop

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard and Abdullah Tamba on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!!  This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks in wearing his athletic gear and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  He picks up a microphone and sits down.

Chicky: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to another edition of Chicky's Sports Shop.  I do that so much better than Rickin Sanchez ever could!  There is a lot to cover this week and a great guest too.  You can all send in your letters to thank me.  First up, Abdullah Tamba had an impressive week, facing Carlitos Colon all four days.  And there he is behind me without a scratch on him!

Chicky pauses and gives Tamba a hand.

Chicky: The Castillo and Perez brats have been attacking los Mercenarios at every opportunity, but I can tell you that it will get them nowhere.  Los Mercenarios have nothing to fear from a couple of kids who grew up with silver spoons.  This brings me to los Super Medicos.  Through more cheating and underhanded tactics than you can imagine, those two idiots  managed to just barely get their two wins and keep their title shot.  Here's a little taste.

A highlight package of every illegal tactic used by los Super Medicos last week shows.  It's not all that long.

Chicky: So you see ladies and gentlemen, these two men are hardly the white knights you had hoped for.  Not taht they stand a chance against Ronnie and I in a tag match anyway.  Speaking of Ronnie, he's got a match for the NWA National Heavyweight Championship this week.  So not only will los Primos Starr have tag team gold, Ronnie will have singles gold.  Maybe I should take that NWA Light Heavyweight title from Invader 3.  It would look much better on me, that's for sure.

Chicky pauses and nods off-screen.

Chicky: And now my guests tonight, El Profe and TNT, just recently back from his recent completely undeserved suspension.

Profe and TNT come in and shake hands with Chicky.  All three sit down.

Chicky: I suppose it's good to have your man back in Puerto Rico.

Profe: It is, but all those fans around Puerto Rico are going to have to wait to see him in person.  He traveled to the United States after his suspension and impressed enough people that they aren't sure when they want to let him leave for good.  If they do at all.

Chicky: It sounds like TNT has been busy!

Profe: Yes, and given that the people in Minnesota seem to appreciate the talents that TNT brings, I am inclined to let him stay there.

Chicky: I would be too.  The WWC's suspension policy is ridiculous.  Wrestlers get hurt.

Profe: I know this.  You know this.  I don't think the fans around Puerto Rico deserve to see TNT anyway.

Chicky: You and I both know that's true.  The fans at these shows are awful.  The worst kind of garbage.  Did you know I got hit with a few rocks last week?

Profe: Sounds about right.  I know of another group of people that throws things when they get upset.

Chicky: Oh?

Profe: Children.  At least they have an excuse.

Chicky: (laughing) I suppose they do.  We're out of time ladies and gentlemen.  I hope you're okay with going back to the boring part of the show.  Although Ronnie is in the main event tonight, so stick around!

Ric Flair's sign-off plays as Profe, TNT and Chicky walk off the set.

Rickin, as always, has nothing good to say about Chicky Starr.    Or El Profe.   Hugo agrees on El Profe.

Highlights are shown of all of the matches involving the Battens fighting Boyd and the Crusher last week.   Rickin then goes on to have nothing good to say about Barrabas.  He mentions that Boyd and the Crusher both lost their singles matches to the Battens last night.  

Los Assassins vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher w/Barrabas
Boyd and the Crusher use crisp teamwork and illegal double teams while Barrabas has referee Victor Quinonez distracted to control.  A Crusher big boot stops an Assassin comeback in it's tracks.  Crusher grabs Assassin in a reverse bearhug after tagging Boyd, who hits a three point clothesline for the three.

Rickin and Hugo talk about the ongoing series of singles matches between the Battens and Boyd and the Crusher.  Rickin highlights the Battens resilience and toughness while Hugo highlights the size, strength and experience advantage of Boyd and the Crusher.  Both agree that Barrabas will be a factor at ringside.

(Commercial Break)

Highlights of the matches last week featuring Abdullah Tamba and Jos LeDuc are shown.  Rickin announces that a singles match between LeDuc and Tamba has been added to the card on September 20th.

Jos LeDuc is at the desk and he has a challenge for Abdullah Tamba.  He wants tag team matches with Tamba across the ring next week.  Tamba can have Chicky Starr and whoever else come out to ringside for the matches, but it won't help him.  In fact, LeDuc wants to make sure Chicky Starr sees him beat Tamba in person.

Los Tejanos vs. The Caribbean Express
The Express is all teamwork and legal double teams to control.  A running clothesline by Castillo cuts off a comeback by Tejano 1.  Castillo tags Perez and whips Tejano into a powerslam by Perez.  Perez follows up with el coqui (standing victory roll) for the three count.

Rickin and Hugo put over the Caribbean Express as a promising young tag team.  They talk about how they struggle to keep their coll and it can cost them.  Highlights are shown of the loss on July 5th to los Mercenarios.

(Commercial Break)

Highlights are shown of los Super Medicos six-man tags against los Primos Starr.  More complete highlights than on the Sports Shop.  

Medicos talk about how Chicky Starr is starting to get worried for the tag titles and they have to watch their backs more than ever.  They know that Chicky Starr will send somebody after them soon and it won't be where anyone sees it.  they also know that the next time they get the Starrs in the ring they have their number.  The results prove it and the title reign of Ron and Chicky Starr is coming to a close.

Rickin and Hugo talk about los Super Medicos building momentum.  They also talk about how los Mercenarios were instrumental in the Starrs winning the titles in the first place.

Mr. X & Y vs. Los Mercenarios
The Mercs brawl their way to controlling the match with zero regard for the rules or referee Tomas Marin.  A Mr. X comeback is cut off by a knee to the gut from Merc 2 and clubbering from both Mercs.  Merc 1 slams X down and Merc 2 hits the ropes for a big running senton that gets three.  The Mercs continue after the match with the Caribbean Express rushing out to stop the attack.  A brawl breaks out.

Rickin and Hugo talk about this being the norm across Puerto Rico and highlights are shown of the Express and los Mercenarios brawling at house shows.

(Commercial Break)

Highlights of last week's bloody violence (both got the back of their head busted open by the other's riding crop) between Dutch Mantell and Bobby Jaggers are shown.

Dutch Mantell is at the desk and he says this isn't even close to finished.  Bobby Jaggers hasn't felt enough pain to pay for what he did.  He also says he's been keeping an eye on los Mercenarios, because their day is coming.  He talks again about Jaggers and how he might not make it to the cage match the way things are going.

Rickin and Hugo talk briefly about the Mantell/Jaggers feud before talking about the main event.  Hugo doesn't think that Rickin is going to like this match.

Ron Starr w/Chicky Starr vs. Arthur J. Crews w/Rock Riddle (C) for the NWA National Heavyweight Championship
This is a mirror match with both Crews and Ron willing to take any shortcut they need to.  And Riddle and Chicky willing to do whatever they have to in order to get their man ahead.  Things get heated as the match goes on and everyone is frustrated, but finally Chicky and Riddle get tired of their cat-and-mouse game of interfering and countering the other's interference.  Oddly enough, the fans start to back Ron and Chicky during the match.  Crews rolls Ron up with a handful of tights for the three.  Ron is upset with this.  Chicky talks to him and the four men shake hands.  Chicky is talking with Riddle as Ron discusses the match with Crews.  The fans are not at all amused.

Rickin is incensed (big surprise) with Chicky and Hugo can see why a mutual respect would have grown between the wrestlers and managers in that match.  We sign off with the card for September 20th in Ponce.

Main Event: Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlitos Colon for the vacant WWC Universal Heavyweight Title in a Fire Match

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships

Hercules Ayala vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Santana vs. Owen Hart (C) for the WWC Light Heavyweight Championship in a Street Fight

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a Cage Match

Jos LeDuc vs. Abdullah Tamba