Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/13 - 08/19 SUMMERSLAM IS COMING

KawadaSmile

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they were going to do an angle with Ronda, since the original plan was to do Nattie vs Alexa non title with Ronda and Alicia in the corners.  I guess they can just have her ragdoll Alicia again, but they're probably going to have Brock kill everyone tonight as well. 

Glad to see more John Skyler but maybe not doing a "The Roadie" gimmick in 2018 <_<  Oh well it's a living 

And to the shock of nobody Renee Young is 100 times better than Coachman.  Can we please keep her there 

Well so much for Heyman turning on Sunday.   So I guess Brock treating him like crap 2 or 3 weeks ago was part of the setup

Dean looked badass.  I think the time out healing up did him good.  He got way too lean/small/skinny/whatever, and I think it was due to all the nagging injuries

I loved the stuff with Roman, Paul and Brock

I really enjoyed the show overall.  Braun coming out to be Balor's partner was predictable but it was great.  And the crowd was super hot

Nah. I mean, it's been awhile. But Ambrose has expressed his disinterest in bodybuilding when asked in shoot interviews before. He always said his idea of working out was a bike ride or some sort of cardio, but weightlifting was never his thing. Said he'd rather be outdoors than doing repetitive stuff like picking up & putting down weights.

Of course, things could have changed in the time he's been off or whatever. Just saying I don't think it was an injury or the grind that had him small before. By his own admission, he was just never a body guy nor cared to be one.

Is AJ Styles one of the dumbest faces in WWE right now?

Nakamura spends months kicking him in the balls, and never once he has the idea to wear a cup.

Now Joe says his family will be rooting AGAINST him so that he can come back home and finally be a father, and now keeps on using AJ's daughters name as a means to get into his head. What the fuck dude, kill his ass already.

6 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Nah. I mean, it's been awhile. But Ambrose has expressed his disinterest in bodybuilding when asked in shoot interviews before. He always said his idea of working out was a bike ride or some sort of cardio, but weightlifting was never his thing. Said he'd rather be outdoors than doing repetitive stuff like picking up & putting down weights.

Of course, things could have changed in the time he's been off or whatever. Just saying I don't think it was an injury or the grind that had him small before. By his own admission, he was just never a body guy nor cared to be one.

Well, I'm the same way when it comes to workout style.  I'm a cardio guy who does light weights.  Compare Ambrose in the early Shield era to later.  His body changed a lot.  I remember it being talked about here on this board

I thought they did a fantastic job with the 3-part vignettes to hype Daniel Bryan vs The Miz this Sunday. We can shit all over WWE for many things but when it comes to video packages like this, they're often untouchable. Imagine now that they hired the guy who did that job for Impact Wrestling/TNA.

I really like Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose. They're just slowly getting better and better. 

Shit, I love Sonya for that slight "botch" where Becky was doing her leg drop sequence that requires the foe to just lie there, but Sonya was selling what happened to set it up. Shit like that may look like a mistake, and it may be, but to me it makes it all seem more real.

20 hours ago, FMKK said:

Are they actually going to turn Becky heel on Charlotte? Because if they do, that seems like a surefire way to finally get crowds to turn on Charlotte's awful babyface run. 

If they're doing Charlotte-Rousey at Wrestlemania, I'd think they would need to turn Charlotte soon and they know Becky has gotten her over in that role before. 

10 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

If they're doing Charlotte-Rousey at Wrestlemania, I'd think they would need to turn Charlotte soon and they know Becky has gotten her over in that role before. 

That makes sense and I hope it's the direction because it's really the perfect casting for both of them. I'd love Becky to finally be more than the set-up girl for someone else's feud though, but at least it's something.

You never know, but I'm expecting Charlotte to win the title, but somehow turn or take steps toward a turn with the finish. We shall see. I'm also expecting Rousey to beat Alexa and then no more title changes until Wrestlemania barring injury or something else unexpected.

Other Summerslam thoughts/predictions:

- Miz really needs to win at Summerslam, especially if this feud is going to continue. And it should continue. I have no problem with Miz doing something underhanded to win and Bryan snapping post-match and having to be pulled off of him while he has the heel hook on. Seems like the way to go. Plus, if Bryan is gone from WWE, he's putting over the right guy on the way out. If he doesn't re-sign, I don't know if a post-match angle is a good idea.

- I like Dave's idea for Brock/Reigns, that they go in with two ideas for how to work the match. If the crowd is determined to crap on it, Roman should get all the offense and win in 3 minutes just so they get it over with. If the crowd is at least partially receptive to a 15-minute match, they should give them one. I personally wish they'd saved the Heyman thing for the finish or a tease of a finish at Summerslam instead of resolving it the week before, but that's not a big qualm.

- I think it's time for Harper and Rowan to drop the titles and maybe be repackaged yet again or split up. Despite a hard push for several months, they still aren't over at all and I don't know why, but Harper hasn't really stood out as being great in an exciting way in a long time.

- Joe-Styles is tough to call because I do think it's time for AJ to drop the title just for the sake of freshening things up, but I don't know if Joe should be the champion. I like his work and his promos, as always, but it still seems like the right time to shoot him to the moon was the Lesnar feud, and this is a make-good. 

- Braun should lose the briefcase on a technicality of some kind since a cash-in is more of a thing for upper-midcard transitional champ heels. Hope that's short and that Owens stays away from the Summerslam main event, though. They've killed Owens to the point that I wouldn't mind him attempting to cash in, failing, and then disappearing for a few months. It touches on a problem with Strowman feuds where he needs to eat the other guy alive, but ends up killing off whatever they have in the process.

- I don't think it matters what the finish is to Rollins-Dolph because that's an upper-card tag feud. Whoever wins I don't think will hold the title much longer. I'd expect it to go to someone other than one of these four so they can do their tags.

- Rusev/Almas is one of those match-ups I wish they would avoid, because they could both use a big win right now but one of them has to lose and I do think either way, this will be a loss that hurts at least a little.

- I have no idea how to go forward with Hardy/Nak/Orton. Seems like Orton will win because he's a new heel, but he also doesn't really need the win. Jeff has been put in a position to get them both over and has been beaten down way too much in all of this. I suspect Nakamura retains, which I get, but this show needs some feel-good moments where babyfaces triumph somewhere, and it's looking to be a heel-heavy show.