Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/13 - 08/19 SUMMERSLAM IS COMING

KawadaSmile

I really hope Ronda wins a no nonsense match with no outside stuff.  Don't like the idea of her getting getting screwed over for the title two months in a row.  Strike while the iron is hot.

I don't see a cash in in the main event either.  If Owens wins I could absolutely see them booking him to fail and Roman beating him in quick fashion.  Then Owens complains and gets a proper title match at HIAC which has been advertised

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

- I think it's time for Harper and Rowan to drop the titles and maybe be repackaged yet again or split up. Despite a hard push for several months, they still aren't over at all and I don't know why, but Harper hasn't really stood out as being great in an exciting way in a long time.

Amen to that 100%. Been sick of them and their five minute matches killing off all other teams for months.

It touches on a problem with Strowman feuds where he needs to eat the other guy alive, but ends up killing off whatever they have in the process.

Precisely why I can't stand Strowman and any of his feuds, nobody ever comes out better and his push has been super forced since they destroyed all of his organic momentum last year when Brock beat him straight up clean and quick.

- I have no idea how to go forward with Hardy/Nak/Orton. Seems like Orton will win because he's a new heel, but he also doesn't really need the win. Jeff has been put in a position to get them both over and has been beaten down way too much in all of this. I suspect Nakamura retains, which I get, but this show needs some feel-good moments where babyfaces triumph somewhere, and it's looking to be a heel-heavy show.

While that is clearly how it should be, it's actually just Hardy/Nakamura without Orton. Of course that seems to make it obvious that Orton will cost Jeff whereas the triple threat would have at least gave it a little suspense.

I'm thinking based on the build (and rumored/assumed Mania plans) that Charlotte wins by either straight up heel turn or by morally ambigious "well it was legal in a 3 way match" style that builds to an eventual heel turn.

It does seem like this Joe/Styles feud is a make-good for Joe, which sucks, but at the same time having bad ass killer Joe as champ for a run wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

I'm at the point with Roman where I just hope he beats him Goldberg style ASAP to just get off the pot already and go all in on ROMAN DA CHAMP finally. The whole saga of him having multiple coronations has got so tiring, it's like a movie you got bored of but invested so much of your time in you at least want to see how it ends. 

I'm genuinely shocked Orton isn't in that match. I think somewhere along the way, I just started assuming that he was because why wouldn't he be? That makes it puzzling why they didn't hold off on the turn until after Summerslam after teaming them in makeshift tags for a few weeks or something.

7 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

This show seems lazy by even their already bad standards. I'm looking forward to Joe/Styles and nothing else.

Very good wording there.

Joe is one of the best promos in WWE and occasionally puts on good performances, but those are very few in between and he's been in the company for a while now. Him being physically broken against AJ in one of his least interesting runs of his career is a complete pass for me.

15 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

They should turn Woken Matt into a manager and have him assemble a stable of freaks. 

Agreed, seems like such an easy character to keep hot through vignettes and promos without having him wrestle every week... which is probably how he should've been used for the most part since he became Woken. Losing 9 weeks straight to the B Team, clean every time, was a terrible end. But there was never any effort made to even attempt to make the character special as they had Wyatt practically squash him in their first match at RAW 25.

Remember when Bray Wyatt seemed like a guy that they were banking on to be a future star? Feuding with John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, and Undertaker ... to this.

Wyatt has been a star for years. You just listed the proof.

And there was no way this team with Hardy wasn't supposed to end with a break up and final feud to finish the story. One where Bray finally attacks Matt when he, the crazy man chooses to.

The tag team and "face" turn for Bray is part of a long term story.  If Matt is this hurt, the story is gonna get rushed to the third act.

1 hour ago, Charles (Loss) said:

My point was that this is an opening match act. There was a time when they saw Bray Wyatt as a future Dusty-like babyface and were just waiting for the right time to make that run happen. This now feels like a gimmick that has run its course.

He was definitely in the Randy Orton category of being pushed because he's being pushed. Albeit with a much worse feud win/loss percentage.

That seemed to end after he returned from having viral meningitis before the TLC PPV. It seems like he got heat for spreading it to Roman Reigns and other WWE people and not dealing with it properly.

But a lot of long WWE careers have real fallow periods look at Sheamus or Chris Jericho for example. Sometimes you are just on the backburner. 

What happens post-Summerslam will be interesting. As Raw has so many babyfaces and relatively few heels. Wyatt could slide back into the top mix really quickly.

Oh fuck the jokes writes themselves !

Even if I wasn't removed from watching WWE stuff, that SS card has absolutely nothing I would care to watch. The biggest match is two guys who feuded 13 years ago in TNA (and had MOTYC then). The only thing I'd actually be interested in is Rusev vs Almas in a "Can we ruin another hot duo" on a pole match. The only way I'm batting an eye at the main event is if the crowd does the 10 count to a buzzer sound then leave during the match. That would be classic.

There's been a lot of wrestlers that "kind of suck" over the years that WWE still used & at least tried to get some money out of. Like The Ultimate Warrior for example. Bray Wyatt could have been a lot bigger deal, even if he's not a great worker. The pomp & circumstance of his theatrical entrances alone should have made him a big deal. The Wyatt Family as a whole should have been a bigger threat but I just don't think WWE ever wanted them to actually be credible. Instead of being like The Family from Texas Chainsaw Massacre they were more like the Dungeon of Doom with Kevin Sullivan running around the woods in his wrestling trunks.

Bray Wyatt would work better under a booker like Dusty Rhodes (who conceived the gimmick with Rob Naylor) who tended to treat the entire promotion as two schools of thought with overlapping rivalries and promos featuring guys talking about other people's programs instead of a bunch of feuds separated into neat silos, which is always what WWE/WWF has been. What good is a cult leader who isn't converting new people semi-regularly? Even thinking back to WCW, there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been a bigger star than, say, Raven, who consistently brainwashed and recruited new members to the Flock. I would like to see Bray Wyatt presented by someone like Kevin Sullivan, who could simply book him like he used to book himself. Lord knows the company isn't filled with directionless low-level talent, which is really all that's needed to execute that.