Pro Wrestling Only

WWE SUMMERSLAM 2018 THE BIGGEST PARTY OF THE SUMMER

KawadaSmile

That was just as bad as their WM 34 match. I get the logic of the storytelling (If you chase two rabbits, you'll lose them both) but the body of the match was garbage. The difference between their 2015 classic and their 2018 series is like night and day. Still Roman finally won and the chase is complete so kudos and mission accomplished. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Microstatistics said:

That was just as bad as their WM 34 match. I get the logic of the storytelling (If you chase two rabbits, you'll lose them both) but the body of the match was garbage. The difference between their 2015 classic and their 2018 series is like night and day. Still Roman finally won and the chase is complete so kudos. 

I'm just hoping they can finally move on. I'm not hopeful though. They just chumped their best face act to try to get Roman less booed.

The fact that people are amazed and rejoicing that Vince actually got people to pop for Roman beating Brock like it was some act of genius just shows how thoroughly the goalposts have been moved here. This isn't how wrestling is supposed to work. This isn't how anything where planning can actually happen should work. All of this stuff is so inherently broken that we're celebrating the fact that it wasn't a complete disaster. 

Honestly, them just flat out squashing Brock at this point would be also major bullshit considering the length of the title reign and the absurdity of the WM34/GRR matches. This was a fun sprint that actually addressed Braun/Brock (the last time they fought each other Kane was the one to get pinned and Braun actually was having the upper hand), finally got over all the Brock bullshit and it seems they are finally going to give Roman the run he should've gotten 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

The fact that people are amazed and rejoicing that Vince actually got people to pop for Roman beating Brock like it was some act of genius just shows how thoroughly the goalposts have been moved here. This isn't how wrestling is supposed to work. This isn't how anything where planning can actually happen should work. All of this stuff is so inherently broken that we're celebrating the fact that it wasn't a complete disaster. 

I don't know, it's more like a "thank god it's finally over" than a "they paid everything off satisfactorily" reaction

Just now, Microstatistics said:

I don't know, it's more like a "thank god it's finally over" than a "they paid everything off satisfactorily" reaction

The Brock reign? Sure. 

The rest of this backwards bs? I have a feeling we're all going to be sitting here in 12 months frustrated out of our skulls still. 

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The goal posts will always move in a way that benefits WWE. It's been happening since WCW folded, probably longer. Choosing to focus on in-ring and not care about bad promos or booking in itself is a moving of goalposts.

I kinda agree with Matt.  They basically had to have Brock go out there and say he hates the wrestling business and all the peripheral things surrounding it in order for people to get to cheer Roman.  I don't think it should really work that way ideally but I guess whatever it takes

Agree,i hope there is no roman brock rematch. He had the cornotion and maybe will finally get that run. The match wasnt that much. But it was fun at least we hopefuly have finally moved on from reings vs brock .it was not the complete shit show expected glad about that and them finally moving all from all this messed situation.mixed feelings this was a good way to achieve that whatever.

1 minute ago, Charles (Loss) said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to the IC title now. They've sort of built it up as a really big deal since Brock has had Big Red. 

It might actually benefit all of them to use Reigns sparingly for a little while. 

10 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

The goal posts will always move in a way that benefits WWE. It's been happening since WCW folded, probably longer. Choosing to focus on in-ring and not care about bad promos or booking in itself is a moving of goalposts.

Wait, are we talking about WWE or New Japan?