Pro Wrestling Only

All In

Loss

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Briscoes/SCU tag. Battle royal was a lot of fun for the first half until all the more interesting names were eliminated and you realize the ROH title match is inevitably gonna be just a match you could see on any ROH show. Would've bought the show immediately if Billy Gunn won. Bully Ray was a fine substitute but mehhh ending. I've thought Cody a lock to win the NWA title but seeing it's not the main event, maybe not even the semi, gives me doubt.. hope he does though.

Overall a fun show. I always saw All In more as a celebration of indy wrestling than "show of the year" and I got what I expected. Some fun flippy shit, some ridiculous and funny fuckery, a shitty overbooked mess that had a very nice moment (Cody's win) and a lot of decent/good matches.

I'm tired of these events running so fucking long though. After Omega/Pentagon I had forgotten we had Okada/Scrull left and they made that shit ran so damn long it fucked the main event over as they had to cut it short by a lot (at least it seemed like it, Knox was calling for them to go home like 2 minutes in).

I've seen people comparing it to Barely Legal, both from the standpoints of production mishaps and actual historical significance.

Sounds like a fun show, to be honest, and I'm really happened it got to be that way. Janela/Page and the main event sounded like a hoot, from all accounts. Gonna check those out later.

So apparently Page/Janela went 4 minutes long (fair enough) and Okada/Marty went 12 minutes long which is so fucking unprofessional imo from those two in the semi main position. Pretty much killed the main event by doing that. 

Didn’t care for any of the wrestling on the show at all but I can appreciate that I’m not their target market for a show like this. Production was great though. It looked appropriately big time and it looked like a 10,000 seater crowd too. The pre-show had a lot of micing issues on both the crowd and the announcers but they were fixed for the main show. Cody/Aldis wasn’t very well executed but the presentation was fantastic. On paper they laid out something that could have been great but like I said the execution was poor. They told a story of Cody being a beaten mess in desperate danger but then none of the action actually backed that up so it came across as a forced scripted drama. 

I loved this show and while I get the wrestling might not have been to everyone's taste I think it will deservedly go down as a moment in wrestling history. Was it perfect? No. Did it matter? Not even slightly. Being in the UK and at an age where most 'firsts' weren't available to me I missed out on what are now considered the pivotal moments in pro-wrestling lore, but this certainly felt like one of those moments and I was glad to be able to see it live. I just hope this is the starting point of something real now. I've seen a lot of people talking about it as if it's the end game and I really hope this isn't the case. What Cody, The Bucks and everyone else who has been involved have achieved has been monumental and if they can capitalise on this I can only see the industry as a whole going from strength to strength. I await the next developments with baited breath.

Show was an absolute blast. Crowd was hot throughout, most of the matches were at least good, and Kenny-Pentagon and the main event were must-sees. I remember right as the bell rang the tron cut to the production company credit so I figured they had run long, but I had no idea the Okada-Marty match went over as much as it did until later. I actually wasn't surprised at the time by how long they went considering it was one of their more-heavily promoted matches.

A friend was texting me while he was watching Okada/Scurll and I could tell it was too long without having to see it.  What a waste of Okada but I get that they couldn’t put him in something huge.  No matter how many of these guys are signed with WWE at this time next year (likely most of them), they went out with a big event on the indies.