Pro Wrestling Only

All In

Loss

Anyone in Chicago? Anyone have thoughts? Use this as a catch-all thread now that the big weekend has arrived.

I'm a local and everything sold out so quickly that I'm just sort of left in the cold (as cold as you can find this weekend in Chicago, anyway). But I hope people are meeting up and having fun.

The frequent opportunities to do that with all the destination shows in wrestling now is something that I see as even more valuable than attending a great show. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it ever been clarified if WGN is the only way to see the pre-show? 

I'm probably not going to order this - the lineup is beyond underwhelming to me - but the the nail in the coffin would definitely be if the pre-show was only available on WGN.

Apparently, All In will be uploaded to NJPW World right after it's over. You won't see it live that way, but $9.99 for the show (and everything else) is a great deal. Edit: I may be wrong about this, so please double- and triple-check!

I cancelled my subscription to NJPW World after I returned my Fire TV Cube - worst, buggiest device ever - or I'd probably watch All In that way. (I hate watching on a laptop or tablet, and certainly can't do that for 5-6 hours, or however long the show is.) I wish NJPW would get with the program and migrate to more devices - Roku, etc.

With all of that said, I think this is an amazing accomplishment by Cody and the Bucks, and an awesome development for wrestling in general.

Will Neville be #ALLIN?

I plan on checking it out. I had actually forgotten that it was this weekend. Twitter reminded me. So now at least I have something to watch this weekend. For me, it's not so much about the card as it is about the relevancy of the event. It feels like it's going to be a really big deal... and I anticipate the crowd being super hype. Whether the crowd is good or bad will be up for debate though, I'm sure. Hopefully it's not the worst of the worst of the smarkiest smarks but it will probably have forty different versions of every annoying cliché chant throughout the evening. But I still want to be able to say that I watched the show because I think it will be a big deal.

I'm really happy for Cody, the Bucks, and their crew. They have every right to be super proud of this one.

I'm only going to catch about three days off in the month of September, and the first one doesn't come until the end of next week. So it isn't likely that I'll ever get around to seeing this whole thing. And that's cool. I rarely ever watch full shows anymore, and nothing on this card really grabs me anyway.

I may make it a point to check out the Cody/Aldis stuff for the reactions and whatever aftermath ensues. The six-man tag *could* be fun, so maybe that. And Omega/Penta might eventually get a look, but I doubt it. Ideally, the match would be worked as a brawl, more in line with the Jericho Dome match than the typical "throw thirty knee strikes that are made to mean absolutely nothing" Kenny match we will likely get instead. The thigh-slapping in that match alone is probably enough to keep me from watching it, but we'll see.

I do feel like a lot of people will be watching this due to that FOMO, but that's kind of the nature of WWE's weekly viewership anyway. It's not like it should be held against the show, since it *is* a big deal with a big time feel.

Hoping to hear mostly positive things after it's all said & done. I'd rather the show do good and have things to cherry pick later than have it flop & feel like I didn't miss anything special at all.

From what I can tell CS is correct that NJPW World will have this available after the PPV ends, like they did with the US shows that were on AXS. Which actually works out for me, since by the time I get home from work it should be around midnight-ish.

I'll be there live. I'll admit there's a lot more they could have done with this card, but Ibushi and the Bucks vs. Rey, Fenix, and Bandido and Kenny-Penta alone make this one of the most interesting indie cards on paper this year. Also glad Janela-Page got the street fight stip. Should be a lot of fun.

It's actually a good lineup for what the show is supposed to be and who they are trying to appeal to.  I actually have no clue what else people could have expected from it in that regard given the political considerations that had to be made to work with multiple different promotions/contracted talent many of whom have very obviously conflicting interests.  For my own tastes it's not a major hit, but then neither or most major league shows (and make no mistake - this is no meaningful sense at indie wrestling show).  I haven't yet decided if I'll watch live or not, but the six man tag is interesting on paper if nothing else, and I wouldn't be stunned to see one or both of the major titles on the line change hands

It feels like a bunch of internet darlings slapped together into random matches. There were matches on Wrestlemania weekend shows that had better dream-match appeal than anything on here, like Riddle/Suzuki and Janela/Sasaki for example. To be fair, their strategy still seems to have worked out just fine business-wise and I wouldn't surprised if there are a few matches that get MOTYC praise given that the boys are likely to put in the extra effort for the big show.

Couple of things . Will this event elevate Nick  Aldis   and the NWA belt ? Will Flip Gordon be booked at the last minute ? If booked who will Flip 's opponent be ? Who are the unannounced talents in the battle royal ?  , Sami Callihan , Trevor Lee, Eddie Kingston , Curt Stallion , Jake Something , DZJ , Jeff Cobb and more  are already in town for the AAW double shot. Who will challenge Jay Lethal  for the belt ? Will ROH take the title off Lethal ? Will Cody win the NWA title and assume Aldis 's role in that promotion ? Will PAC return ?Wii SCU dethrone the Briscoe's ? Can CD put together a quality match will an actor ?  Will  the  inter-promotional angle between ROH and IMPACT continue to be developed ?

It should be an interesting show.

1 hour ago, Memphis Mark said:

Couple of things . Will this event elevate Nick  Aldis   and the NWA belt ? Will Flip Gordon be booked at the last minute ? If booked who will Flip 's opponent be ? Who are the unannounced talents in the battle royal ?  , Sami Callihan , Trevor Lee, Eddie Kingston , Curt Stallion , Jake Something , DZJ , Jeff Cobb and more  are already in town for the AAW double shot. Who will challenge Jay Lethal  for the belt ? Will ROH take the title off Lethal ? Will Cody win the NWA title and assume Aldis 's role in that promotion ? Will PAC return ?Wii SCU dethrone the Briscoe's ? Can CD put together a quality match will an actor ?  Will  the  inter-promotional angle between ROH and IMPACT continue to be developed ?

It should be an interesting show.

Definitely interested in the last few people they get for the battle royale. MJF and Matt Cross are both booked yet don't have announced matches so they seem like a no-brainer. But that's still two or three spots still open.

22 hours ago, C.S. said:

Has it ever been clarified if WGN is the only way to see the pre-show? 

I'm probably not going to order this - the lineup is beyond underwhelming to me - but the the nail in the coffin would definitely be if the pre-show was only available on WGN.

Apparently, All In will be uploaded to NJPW World right after it's over. You won't see it live that way, but $9.99 for the show (and everything else) is a great deal. Edit: I may be wrong about this, so please double- and triple-check!

I cancelled my subscription to NJPW World after I returned my Fire TV Cube - worst, buggiest device ever - or I'd probably watch All In that way. (I hate watching on a laptop or tablet, and certainly can't do that for 5-6 hours, or however long the show is.) I wish NJPW would get with the program and migrate to more devices - Roku, etc.

With all of that said, I think this is an amazing accomplishment by Cody and the Bucks, and an awesome development for wrestling in general.

Hide contents

Will Neville be #ALLIN?

The NJ World app on Firestick is incredibly reliable and easy.  Couldn't be happier with it and am looking forward to catching this show on there in the days ahead.

As for this show, the lineup looks solid given the talent involved and the priorities of the day -- its essentially a single, isolated (albeit pretty big) event unless it leads to something more, and without a direct TV or other vehicle for pushing feuds/angles, there's no way to expect much to culminate here.  If you're able to watch or attend with friends who are into wrestling, I'd expect it to be very fun unless it simply runs too long.  Not sure that there will be anything resembling a MOTYC, but I might be surprised if that's even a goal.  I also don't think anything should be bad and have to imagine the fun/nostalgia/comedy parts will be limited so as not to overstay their welcome.  

Hope to check it out in the days ahead.

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

The NJ World app on Firestick is incredibly reliable and easy.  Couldn't be happier with it and am looking forward to catching this show on there in the days ahead.

Apparently the regular Firestick is better than the Cube, which makes no sense given that the Cube is the newer device. Regardless, I am done with Amazon streaming products because the first-gen Stick was a pile of trash (and no longer updated, even though my Roku - which is older - still is) and the Cube is the worst device I've ever used.

With that said, the NJPW app itself was mostly fine on it - it stuttered a bit, especially on older footage, but that happened on my PC too.

NJPW needs to get with the program. More streaming options (Roku, AppleTV, PS4, etc.), better production values, less bush league mistakes like Ross almost getting crippled because they don't know how to secure barricades properly, etc. The in-ring action is great - everything else is at glorified ROH indie levels, but people ignore all of the problems because Meltzer once gave a match 12 stars or whatever his scale is up to now.

*Rant over* 

Sorry for going off-topic, especially since it doesn't really relate to All In. It just frustrates me that NJPW could be taking some really simple steps to improve and expand even more than they have. Nothing I've suggested would cost a lot of money relative to the money they could make in return. 

38 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It just frustrates me that NJPW could be taking some really simple steps to improve and expand even more than they have.

As a video game enthusiast, it can't be stressed how difficult it is  to get Japanese companies to understand they have to try to appeal to other countries. In most (if not all) cases,  North America is the largest market for game companies but nearly all of them focus primarily on Japan and it's almost like if the West likes it, then that's a bonus.  It's the same reason NA has never seen an English release of Mother 3, Nintendo literally can't comprehend that there are people outside of Japan who would want to play it despite it being the most requested game for decades. 

NJPW is no different. I'm not saying it as an excuse, but more of an explanation of why their expansion attempt seems be going in fits and starts. It's way outside the comfort zone for them. 

It's the same with their music industry. Ringo Sheena could/would/should have been a worldwide star like Björk. But they just aren't interested that much. Which I find pretty appealing tbh. They don't *have to* please the Western audience.

I take NJPW production over WWE's sterilized shit any day. If anything, I don't enjoy the americanization of the product.

Anyone watched some of the Starrcast stuff ? I'm definitely going to watch the Tony Schiavone show and the Jarrett one too.

59 minutes ago, sek69 said:

As a video game enthusiast, it can't be stressed how difficult it is  to get Japanese companies to understand they have to try to appeal to other countries. 

It's ironic that you use that comparison, because the West just got Fire Pro Wrestling World on PS4, featuring NJPW (and the PC  version that's been out for months will have NJPW patched in by the end of September). But yes, you're right, that is definitely the exception to the rule. I'm a gaming enthusiast myself and know all about Mother 3 and countless other examples.