Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

Whether it fails or not it's something different, it's essentially what we always ask TNA to do and they are doing it. That's why there's a level of excitement behind it, and while I'm not super excited I am willing to give TNA credit for actually doing something different.

No, it's not. Most people ask TNA to make a coherent and watchable product. Being different is one way to attain that, yes, but flying to Japan for smark credz isn't going to accomplish a thing. And news site commentators aren't the best barometer for...anything really, but especially wrestling. Same kind of people that whine about Cena's 5 moves or a six sided ring will mean something.

Yes, it is. It's something different from them and from the wrestling landscape as a whole. One can argue whether it will make money, be sucessfull, be a bust, etc. Trying to argue that it's not something different is just ridiculous.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone cares about the business side to the extent that if a company isn't in business you can't watch it and enjoy it. Does this show help or hurt TNA's ability to exist longer? I don't know, but I fail to see how it helps. More importantly I think this is a great example of something that is surface level, cosmetically "different," but I think has a very high likelihood of being WORSE from an atmosphere, excitement AND quality perspective than the average TNA ppv.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eduardo James

Holy crap, anyone remember this? It was one of those "We can't show this on iMPACT" videos they posted on their YouTube account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auy1WIYYvA0

Of course, the one they put up was some weird practice run and not the final cut as one might assume. The video has since been removed from the official account, but this was the actual version they had up for some time.

I've started watching TNA again and I just can't believe they think it's a good idea to make a homophobic misogynist their top face. They really just don't get it.

WWE's top face is homophobic and misogynist (at times), so of course TNA is going to continue its trend of copying WWE and make sure their top face is as close as possible.

I've started watching TNA again and I just can't believe they think it's a good idea to make a homophobic misogynist their top face. They really just don't get it.

WWE's top face is homophobic and misogynist (at times), so of course TNA is going to continue its trend of copying WWE and make sure their top face is as close as possible.

I thought Triple H was a heel now?

Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com believes he has concrete evidence that Vince Russo is back working for TNA:

As previously noted here on the site, Vince Russo has publicly declined to comment on PWInsider.com's story that he is still working for TNA as a creative consultant.

Therefore, it was very interesting today that I received an email from Russo, who accidentally cc'd me in, featuring instructions and advice from him to Mike Tenay and Taz on how certain segments of a TNA TV episode about to be voiced over should be handled.

That should put to rest, once and for all, any question that Russo is still involved and working for TNA.

I'm not watching TNA either way so who cares. Jerry Jarrett's Diary about the early days of TNA is a great read, he seemed to know from the beginning what would happen once he saw Jeff was going to listen to Russo more than him.

Vince Russo finally comes clean:

Recently, I accidentally sent an e-mail to a third-party that was not meant for their eyes. The e-mail concerned my current involvement with TNA Wrestling.

TNA rendered my services as a consultant to work with their announce team of Mike Tenay and Taz. The condition from their side was that I kept it confidential between the two parties. As their employee, it was up to me to honor their wishes, so that’s what I intended to do.

My integrity means everything to me, so I just hope you can understand and forgive.

Peace.

It's always been terrible and always will be until they replace the terrible announcers. You could have the best coach in the world, which Vince Russo certainly is not, but they wouldn't be able to make much out of terrible players.

Guest Eduardo James

Apparently Russo has been battling depression for the past 20 years and hit "rock bottom" after leaving TNA. While it's a terrible thing to go through, I hope people don't start using this as an excuse when discussing or defending him.

I loved the bit in the WON about Big John hemming and hawwing when Mutoh was trying to get him to answer if Russo was working for them or not. Also great was how when they finally admitted he was, they had to promise they'd keep him as far away from the Japanese wrestlers as possible like he had an infectious disease.