Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

It was damaged by the big earthquake in 2011, I don't know if that has anything to do with its current look or not.

Plus they curtained off part of the room for the entrance set.

Exactly.

Technically they "sold out" in the sense they sold every ticket, but they have an entire side curtained off. Normally Korakuen holds a little over 2000 fans, tonights show didn't have nearly that many seats for sale.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dixie recently made statements along the lines of she'd consider bringing Russo back, which would be table-flippingly infuriating if it was still possible to give two shits about what they do.

Are you serious? I swear to Jeebus, if she is dumb enough to do that, she deserves to lose her entire family fortune. How anybody could be stupid enough to even think about that, or say it...never mind actually considering doing it? Mind boggling.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already in this thread, but has anyone reported on Hemme's contributions to creative? Storylines she's pitched or worked on? Did she come up with the Sam Shaw stuff? I had forgotten she was on the team and am curious if it's just another bizarre TNA hiring, if Dixie/others understandably wanted a woman on the team, or if she's actually got some good ideas (or as close to good as modern TNA affords).

• 2 weeks later...

So, for some stupid reason I decided to tune into TNA's Destination America debut.

The show began with the whole roster randomly brawling around the arena for no apparent reason. We then segued that into Kurt Angle making matches before being verbally assaulted by MVP. Angle then revealed that he had quit his office job but not before making one final match, a street fight between himself and MVP. Because a match between two over the hill WWE guys is totally the best way to introduce yourself to a potential new audience!

We followed that up with an EC3 interview, and then The Wolves challenging James Storm and Abyss for the Tag Team Titles. James Storm is also now leading a group with Sanada and Manik, but is absolutely not trying to be like Raven or Bray Wyatt or anything.....

This match of course ended when The Hardyz were trying to help the Wolves fight off Sanada and Manik, and Jeff accidentally elbowed Edwards in the face costing them the match.

We then had a segment where EC3 and Brodus Clay were going to shave the head of Rockstar Spud, but Jeremy Borash stood up for Spud and slapped EC3, so they shaved the head of Borash instead.....

That brought us to an X-Division match between Low Ki and Austin Aries. This was the best match of the show so far, and it wasn't very good. Aries won the title, I didn't care. This is a chore.

Oh good, now we are having the women's title defended in a battle royal.......and we still have Bobby Roode vs Bobby Lashley to come......

Shoot me now.

To finish the show:

Taryn retains in the Women's battle royal, only for Havok to come back in and beat the shit out of her, which led to the return of Awesome Kong who confronted Havok, in what was definitely THE highlight of the whole show. Oh, and Robbie E and Brooke are going to have a feud based on the fact that they didn't win The Amazing Race.........

Roode/Lashley was meh, and ended with MVP/Kenny King and two masked guys storming ringside. The masked guys turned out to be Samoa Joe and Low Ki, so Eric Young ran in with a chair to help his friend Bobby Roode, and of course turned on him, allowing Lashley to win the title.

Why won't this company just fucking die?

Any reason TNA isn't on Hulu? You'd think Dixie would be smart enough to get something like that going.

Or does WWE have the exclusive rights to current wrestling content on Hulu? (I say current, because there's some other wrestling organization on there, but nothing recent.)

Any reason TNA isn't on Hulu? You'd think Dixie would be smart enough to get something like that going.

There's literally zero evidence to back up any claims that Dixie is smart.

Destination America may be no better, Bryan related on the B&V show last night he emailed them to ask what other platforms TNA would be available on and they told him to contact his local library.

There's literally zero evidence to back up any claims that Dixie is smart.

Destination America may be no better, Bryan related on the B&V show last night he emailed them to ask what other platforms TNA would be available on and they told him to contact his local library.

That was funny story and a good example of why computer generated responses aren't a good idea.

So I got to see two shows taped last night, including Lockdown. As a live experience, it's actually not bad, if you treat it like an indy show and don't think about the booking. The crowd was hot (apparently TNA fans do exist!) and the guys and gals generally work hard. I don't think I saw a single match I'd have above a couple of stars, though.

Jeff Hardy took some awful, painful looking bumps, including one from the top of the cage onto the steel steps.

I successfully started a "You screwed Bret" chant at Earl Hebner.

They're apparently bringing fans backstage for meet and greets at the tapings, which is a nice idea.

I thought I'd have more to say, but it was neither actively bad enough to make jokes most of the time (other than Tommy Dreamer's sad promo, and the way his pants were coming apart), nor particularly memorable - although if a weapons cage match isn't that memorable, that probably says something pretty negative.

Is Dylan still reviewing Impact? I'm curious to see how these shows translate to TV, but not enough to watch them.

After this show, the answer to the thread title is definitively "Yes."

Was it still an open question before then? I thought it was settled long ago. Other promotions may have sunk to lower depths, but they at least had the decency to go out of business in a timely manner. No promotion in history has been as bad for as long as TNA.