Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AJ Styles on Chris Jericho's podcast was real interesting listen. AJ has very much done the rounds interview wise but he seems to open up more to a fellow Wrestler about his disappointments about TNA as a business. Recommended.

20 minutes into the podcast the interview starts.

AJ Styles on Chris Jericho's podcast was real interesting listen. AJ has very much done the rounds interview wise but he seems to open up more to a fellow Wrestler about his disappointments about TNA as a business. Recommended.

20 minutes into the podcast the interview starts.

You're not a fan of Jericho's pre-interview stuff either then? :)

I am vaguely tempted to go to a TNA taping at the Hammerstein. Seems like it might be amusingly bad. Is that right? Or will it just be dull? Haven't been following TNA at all as of late.

It will be awful unless the right crowd shows up. If they do show up it could end up being the most entertaining train wreck in wrestling history.

I am vaguely tempted to go to a TNA taping at the Hammerstein. Seems like it might be amusingly bad. Is that right? Or will it just be dull? Haven't been following TNA at all as of late.

It will be awful unless the right crowd shows up. If they do show up it could end up being the most entertaining train wreck in wrestling history.

No interest in website plugs or hockey.

Looking at awful pictures of TNA house show crowds, wouldn't it just make more sense for them to be running in high school gyms? I've seen pictures of Big Time Wrestling drawing completely packed high school gyms in The Carolinas and Virginia with The Hardys and Ric Flair autograph sessions.

TNA has a show coming up in Bethlehem. I looked up tickets out of curiosity and they're running $23-85 for the show. That's roughly the same I would pay for a WWE show, and they've established a standard of quality. I wouldn't watch a TNA show on a whim at that price.

TNA has a show coming up in Bethlehem. I looked up tickets out of curiosity and they're running $23-85 for the show. That's roughly the same I would pay for a WWE show, and they've established a standard of quality. I wouldn't watch a TNA show on a whim at that price.

I paid $20 for ringside here in Sacramento. The Memorial Auditorium here seats about 2,000 and that show probably drew about 200.

Looking at awful pictures of TNA house show crowds, wouldn't it just make more sense for them to be running in high school gyms? I've seen pictures of Big Time Wrestling drawing completely packed high school gyms in The Carolinas and Virginia with The Hardys and Ric Flair autograph sessions.

I think a few of the 2014 house shows have taken place at high schools. Don't know the comparative costs, but some high school gyms can hold a decent crowd. They could pull some lame gimmick like "If Robbie E wins, the principal gets hit with a pie" or such.

Could some older fans please compare TNA with Global? The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Global might have been the more "successful" company aka slightly less disastrous.

It lost far less money, so if we're using that as a gauge for success, then yes.

So Dixie realized these northeast tapings could be disastrous, and her idea to preemptively fix it is to start a feud with Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion where TNA is heel and encourage "fuck TNA" chants at the shows. And all of these shows will be televised through the summer up to their contract renewal talks with Spike. I haven't watched TNA in years but I'm all in to watch the wheels totally come off.

So Dixie realized these northeast tapings could be disastrous, and her idea to preemptively fix it is to start a feud with Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion where TNA is heel and encourage "fuck TNA" chants at the shows. And all of these shows will be televised through the summer up to their contract renewal talks with Spike. I haven't watched TNA in years but I'm all in to watch the wheels totally come off.

Well, isn't one of Dixie's catch phrases, "It's good publicity"? Or "Publicity over profit"?

I might just find the free time to watch this.