Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Eduardo James

Is Jeff Hardy leaving soon? He's lost the last two matches

and the next taping he and Abyss lose to Magnus and Bram again in a no DQ match

I know Matt is returning and maybe this is just a way to kill off the Willow character. Also,

Kurt is the new Director of Wrestling or whatever it's called. MVP apparently lost his position via the omniscient Board of Directors.

Decided to watch Impact for the first time since probably the first year it came on TV tonight just to see how bad it is. Well, the first segment was pretty damn good. Hell, it was very good. Crowd is super hot and that match was really fun.

Since things have settled down for me lately (and I finished all my laundry on Wednesday) I sat down to watch this whole show. I haven't seen TNA since Nigel McGuinness slashed Abyss with a bottle and I wasn't expecting much.

I thought MVP was great on the mic here and was really impressed. He seemed way more natural than the tightly-scripted promos from many in WWE.

I liked the first two matches. This Dreamer thing is, uh, a bit much.

So, wait, TNA has two feuding heel authority figures? I hate crap like that.

I can't believe in 2014 a supposed national promotion is still trying to squeeze a nickel out of ECW.

I think there's money to be made in a Tommy Dreamer: Amateur Oncologist gimmick where he charges into peoples' hospital rooms unsolicited and shows then wrestling tapes to cure their cancer. "Wrestling is the best medicine."

Lol, when I heard that line I was like "What the fuck is that?"

TNA thinks this angle is a way bigger deal than any of their fans do.

Decided to watch Impact for the first time since probably the first year it came on TV tonight just to see how bad it is. Well, the first segment was pretty damn good. Hell, it was very good. Crowd is super hot and that match was really fun.

Be careful, While I don't know the segment you're referencing I'm pretty sure TNA uses cued boos and cheers. I'm basing this on the fact that multiple times I hear cheering and jeering yet look at the fans and see them in their chairs not reacting at all.

So Muta is supposed to wrestle a match tonight at the tapings. Also Ezekial Jackson and Gene Snitsky are backstage. I could actually really go for them adding Big Zeke to MVP's group.

And apparently they are going to have Bound For Glory in Tokyo, Japan at Korakuen Hall.

Even if Japanese sponsors pay for everything (and I guarantee they won't pay for everything) running Korakuen Hall is pretty obviously not going to be profitable and comes across as a desperate pitch to smart fans. Not having their marquee show live on PPV strikes me as especially insane

It seems that might actually be working though. I saw quite a bit of excitement over it on the 411mania comments section.

Guest Eduardo James

Whether it fails or not it's something different, it's essentially what we always ask TNA to do and they are doing it. That's why there's a level of excitement behind it, and while I'm not super excited I am willing to give TNA credit for actually doing something different.

No, it's not. Most people ask TNA to make a coherent and watchable product. Being different is one way to attain that, yes, but flying to Japan for smark credz isn't going to accomplish a thing. And news site commentators aren't the best barometer for...anything really, but especially wrestling. Same kind of people that whine about Cena's 5 moves or a six sided ring will mean something.

At least it's them attempting to do something different. I loved the Global Impact stuff. I always dig the annual tours of the UK. There's an added level of excitement and energy in those shows.

Whether we get that or not at BFG remains to be seen. But at least it's SOMETHING out of the ordinary. At least it's not just a direct copy & paste job of something WWE just did last week.

I mean, yeah. It's sad when THAT has become the barometer for measuring whether or not they're doing the right thing, but hey. That's where they've put themselves at this point. They're in the PRIME spot to be taking risks and gambles to (at least) appear different than WWE.

I just wish they'd pick an identity, a market strategy, pinpoint it, and go full-speed ahead with it. The stop & go, start & stop, change our minds in mid-move stuff has reached a new level of ridiculous with TNA.