Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/22/18 - 10/28/18

...TG

I can't imagine that the Ambrose heel turn was pencilled in for last night originally. 

The Reigns news is really sad and I'm hoping he's back sooner than later. They fucked his character/booking immensely over the years, but he had a great series of matches in 2017 and I liked the Braun feud for all its cartoonish violence. If his departure means they're moving Rollins up to being RAW's top babyface, I'm glad some people finally get their wish - but, personally, I'm not excited about the prospect. Vince, if you're reading this, please bring up Velveteen to RAW. He may not be ready to main event, but he's an "impact player" that can make a difference on the show instantly if you ask me.

Was there any mention of Cena on the show? Any update on whether or not he and Bryan will be at Crown Jewel?

Turn by Ambrose was fantastic and I think it got peak reaction exactly because of when they did it. Loved the Elias face turn as well, it felt like something from the territorial studio days when a heel would get interrupted by another heel and then complain about his time being disrupted. 

Necessity was the mother of invention for the creative team this week, I suppose...

Yeah, I agree that the Ambrose turn got over twice as huge due to the overriding circumstances. There's definitely a debate to be had about whether or not it was in bad taste but fuck, that's how to turn a guy heel. Have him attack a guy who was in tears over his friend's cancer returning earlier in the show AND after he's just won a title. Professional and personal attack. And I think this is the first time I've bought Ambrose as a "lunatic" That turn really did feel like the way an unhinged dude would react, the kind of guy you have to walk on eggshells around, because of an imagined slight.

6 hours ago, DMJ said:

I can't imagine that the Ambrose heel turn was pencilled in for last night originally. 

The Reigns news is really sad and I'm hoping he's back sooner than later. They fucked his character/booking immensely over the years, but he had a great series of matches in 2017 and I liked the Braun feud for all its cartoonish violence. If his departure means they're moving Rollins up to being RAW's top babyface, I'm glad some people finally get their wish - but, personally, I'm not excited about the prospect. Vince, if you're reading this, please bring up Velveteen to RAW. He may not be ready to main event, but he's an "impact player" that can make a difference on the show instantly if you ask me.

Was there any mention of Cena on the show? Any update on whether or not he and Bryan will be at Crown Jewel?

Allegedly, writers have been told that John Cena will not work Crown Jewel. No update on Bryan yet but there's a lot of outside pressure on Vince to pull the plug on the whole event. Or at least, to change its venue.

20 minutes ago, Wahoos Leg said:

Bad taste would have been the turn happening during the announcement, or when the three of them all were bumping fists. This was just a good wrestling angle. 

EXACTLY!

As bad as it sounds, Reigns determination about fighting it and returning doesn’t equate a “I’m quitting the businesses” or worse.  Plus it was to Rollins, whom his character has a ton more distrust issues than he ever did with Reigns.

They could have held it off until the build towards Survivor Series, but this was the best time to pull the trigger on something that had been brewing since Ambrose returned.

2 hours ago, Stiva said:

I've bought Ambrose as a "lunatic" That turn really did feel like the way an unhinged dude would react, the kind of guy you have to walk on eggshells around, because of an imagined slight.

I like the reasoning that it was Roman who always held Ambrose in check, and it does track with seeds of an Ambrose-Rollins feud that was bubbling before Ambrose’s injury in the winter.  

Weren’t they even penciled in as a match at WM?

They were penciled in for Wrestlemania this year, I believe, but when Ambrose got injured, this was scrapped.

As for the turn itself, if you look at it objectively, you could say that Roman was basically the glue that held The Shield together and because Dean has nothing against Roman, he couldn't pull the trigger on turning on Seth. But with Roman stepping away to fight leukemia, there was now nothing to prevent Dean for giving Seth his receipt from 2014 when Seth turned against them. It's fascinating though because we can now make the argument as to if Dean is more of a lunatic or calculating individual.

9 hours ago, DMJ said:

There was in Angle's promo where he went over his opponents in the World Cup, but it was clearly pre taped so that's not necessarily  a sign of anything. 

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Allegedly, writers have been told that John Cena will not work Crown Jewel. No update on Bryan yet but there's a lot of outside pressure on Vince to pull the plug on the whole event. Or at least, to change its venue.

I saw something today suggesting that a final decision on the venue will be made on Wednesday. So expect lots more references to 'Crown Jewel' without any indication of where it's being held. They could be scrambling to find a location in the region as we speak.

1 hour ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Imagine the promos and video packages when Roman returns. Roman vs. Ambrose one-on-one will be a huge match and much bigger than anything The Shield has done against each other since their 1st breakup.

Love the positive attitude, brother.  Can’t wait til he’s got a clean bill of health.