Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/19 - 11/25 Justice for SmackDown tag teams

KawadaSmile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I watched highlights and Dean basically says that Roman's cancer was God's punishment for all the stuff he has done in the Shield.  What the fuck?  

Yeah that last stuff by Dean felt like someone stole an old 1980's TV studio heel promo.  Way too corny was someone supposedly that unhinged.  Unlike the rest of Dean on RAW

I can see if they keep trying to use Romans Reigns leukaemia as heat, its going to back fire on them. Guessing by the time/if he returns, the fans will take it out on him, like they did with Bryan, just because of the poor taste of it all.

Not so sure he's going to be the big babyface he should, if he does indeed win his fight. 

I  know the company would probably see me saying this as a challenge, but I don't think even WWE can fuck up the return of someone who battled back from a life threatening disease. 

If anything, I see this hurting someone like Seth the most in the short term. He was red hot before and during the last Shield revival, and now he's being positioned as an angry doofus getting beat up by a guy using his buddy's cancer for heat. Dean's certainly going to get the crowd in "go away heat" mode if they keep doing it, Roman might end up better for it just by not being around when all this nonsense is going down. 

This only goes to show that both Dean and Seth would be absolutely dead in the water if not for Roman. Any other guy in that trio (lol Ohno) and it really wouldn't have taken off the way it did.

Besides, mixing some goofy ass shit such as Ambrose walking in the background, talking via monitors, with some lazy writing, just doesn't make for good TV. I'm not really outraged by them using Roman's disease as a means to get heat, but I find it truly stupid. Not a single person comes out of it looking better, and people in the future will remember this segment the same way they remember Orton saying Eddie was in hell or Paige mentioning Charlotte's brother.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Do you guys consider the crowd chanting "AOPP" as a sign that the ridiculous angle at Survivor Series paid off and it got them some heat, or that they ruined AOP's credibility as serious threats?

The second one for sure. And then they are pinned clean in 3 minutes on top of that. They've always felt lesser than what they were to me since the Maverick pairing started, this feels like it's going to stick with them for as long as the pairing lasts. They were going way over the top with toilet humor last night that it feels like it will be a regular thing going forward.

I don't know why this Dean vs Seth shit is so overwritten. How easy is it to book a jealousy feud when there's one friend out of three that wasn't holding a title? No need for the stupid shit about 'Dean never said love' and 'Roman deserves to have cancer'. 

29 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Well, they already had a very simple  feud - that was pretty good IIRC, at least in the first couple of months - in 2014 that was about betrayal and jealousy. They probably felt the need to add more shit to the rivalry this team around?

Needs more holograms & cinderblocks.

What are the odds Seth comes out of this feud with another nonsensical nickname?

I know there are a lot of people down on Ambrose star power wise but his 2016 run with the title did very well on the house shows, drawing the same or even slightly better than Roman.  And that was coming off the Brock program where he was made to look completely inept. He's also one of the top merch sellers in the company.  Of course he was greatly helped by the Shield stuff but he's done okay to very good on his own.  Right now he is being booked terribly. Also if you go by twitter he has an incredibly loyal fan base.  And they are mostly young. I'm not saying he can be the guy but he's always going to have a decent spot

Apropos of nothing, isn't it weird WWE is still booking major shows like next year's Survivor Series in an older building like the Rose...err Allstate Arena? They seem to like having their important shows in the shiniest, newest buildings possible, and while they have history there it's an antique by arena standards. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Redman said:

I am extremely NOT here for them breaking up Sonya and Mandy, which is where I presume this is going.

I feel your pain, but would you really trust this company to do literally any other story with those two? I can just imagine the oafs on the creative team attempting to do any kind of tender love story with them.