Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling offically a thing

sek69

8 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Fucked up how? She didn't sign?

Meltzer seemingly went by Tony Khan's Twitter follows or something.

He's totally lost on Women's Wrestling reported after Casey Michael got sick and Square Circle Sirens went on hiatus.

If you trusted Meltzer Tessa Blanchard would be in NXT.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

So did she sign or didn't she? 

Ask Meltzer. He's clearly the reporter he's always been and Bix is a crank going by this thread.

sek69 posts on the first page are super cute acting like stuff I've been Tweeting about since I dunno May is brand new news. 

You're the one who said Meltzer "fucked this up," so I figured I'd ask you instead. But you don't want to actually answer questions or elaborate, which seems to be your usual act after you say something provocative. 

News is not subject to copyright and nobody "owns" it. Meltzer could do a better job of naming sources or even saying, "according to a source close to the situation," that's been discussed, but he's not under any obligation to do so.

2 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

You're the one who said Meltzer "fucked this up," so I figured I'd ask you instead. But you don't want to actually answer questions or elaborate, which seems to be your usual act after you say something provocative. 

I've already explained how he fucked this one up. He went by Tony Khan's Twitter follows and made an assumption. Or someone emailed him the same and he blindly posted without fact-checking.

How do you know that's what happened? Or should I say, that's *all* that happened? Do we know that Meltzer posted this blindly without shooting a text to Cody or a Young Buck, who we know he's close with? 

It is 2019. Meltzer isn't the only one with access to text message technology or contacts to wrestlers or promoters. 

Second question dodged. That'll do it for me, and I suspect anyone unfortunate enough to read this exchange.

I didn't dodge any question. You are going to make me sound like a big head but endless wrestlers follow me on Twitter. I genuinely fell into it but I am well connected with this generation of Wrestling talent and promoters.

Casey Michael and I broke more signing stories in Pro Wrestling over the last 4 years than anyone.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Yeah. Contrary to belief the entire universe doesn't follow you on Twitter my dude.

Not to mention any scoops you may have tend to get lost in all the....well.....*gestures at above exchange*

NXT has been upping their deals to talents since the July class. It isn't new. I knew about it as that class contained friends and I was over the moon they were being treated like they should.

Nor is AEW being real. Two dozen indie talents have been under monthly holding contracts for a while. Despite your first post the dogs on the street knew this for a good while.

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Before this thread goes completely down the shitter, I just want to point out that the only Observer subscribers questioning things on Dave's forum are confirmed trolls and people who have no idea how journalism works.

What do you expect on that forum? 

2 hours ago, rovert said:

I didn't dodge any question. You are going to make me sound like a big head but endless wrestlers follow me on Twitter. I genuinely fell into it but I am well connected with this generation of Wrestling talent and promoters.

Casey Michael and I broke more signing stories in Pro Wrestling over the last 4 years than anyone.

sorry-understand-important-workplace-eca

More Twitter feud/followers nonsense. Like I said before...

As far as Britt Baker goes, that super well known professional wrestler, she's certainly the one of the three I don't remember from the All In match. She ain't got a Wiki page either apparently (shit, *I*'ve got a wiki page). So there,  I think it's perfectly fine to not know who the fuck she is yet.

Anyway, this thread is sad.

4 hours ago, Herodes said:

The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".

Rovert is a delusional fantasist with imaginary wrestler friends and scoops

Bix can vouch for me. I don't why some of you guys are put out by this. It is 2019. Fans and wrestlers/promoters do actually talk now. And yes I've broken major news stories you can throw temper tantrums all day but it is true. 

1 hour ago, El-P said:

More Twitter feud/followers nonsense. Like I said before...

As far as Britt Baker goes, that super well known professional wrestler, she's certainly the one of the three I don't remember from the All In match. She ain't got a Wiki page either apparently (shit, *I*'ve got a wiki page). So there,  I think it's perfectly fine to not know who the fuck she is yet.

Anyway, this thread is sad.

Never said she was a super well known professional wrestler. No need to throw your toy out of your pram. If you are following current Wrestling and to the level, you are posting on a forum about it you probably should at least recognise her name. She has wrestled for pretty much every big budget indie in the US and has wrestled on ROH TV before Christmas.

And All In was the test show for AEW. You should have at least connected the dots on why she might be on board so early with them.

4 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

sorry-understand-important-workplace-eca

If your ego is this fragile then you need help. Casey established the best reputation for accuracy between all prominent Wrestling websites and it isn't even close. The Observer, PWTorch, PWInsider etc all used his information. 

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

This has been an unmitigated disaster. I say we just close this thread and just never speak of this company again. Maybe WWE will go back to Saudi Arabia again soon or something and we can talk about that.

It all started when sek69 completely overstated the Les Moore thing as bix pointed out. 

Meltzer has done consultancy work before whether it be WWF a million years or by his own admission for MMA companies in more recent times.

More than willing to talk about the actual topic. It is really interesting and I know a fair amount about it.

1 hour ago, rovert said:

Never said she was a super well known professional wrestler. No need to throw your toy out of your pram. If you are following current Wrestling and to the level, you are posting on a forum about it you probably should at least recognise her name. She has wrestled for pretty much every big budget indie in the US and has wrestled on ROH TV before Christmas.

Sorry, but not everybody that is a pro-wrestling fan follows "big budget indies" nor ROH. I follow whatever the fuck I want, basically. Hell, I used to get shit for That Indian Guy, before it became a running gag, because I had not followed enough WWE to recognize who the fuck he was (and I guess I was right not to recognize him, as his existence would have been better off ignored in the following months).

Not recognizing the name of some indy worker who was the lesser known of the woman match at All In doesn't warrant a "Why do you even post in that thread ?" rude answer to someone who just ask about someone whose name he doesn't know.

Anyway, the whole thread basically displays a bunch of Twitter egos playing "who's got the most followers", and this is exactly why Twitter is a disease.

WCW redux ? I'm all in.

So did Britt sign or didn't she since rovert never has actually answered that question?

FWIW Britt retweeted the Double or Nothing logo on New Year's Day.  Doesn't confirm she has signed, but you don't see most wrestlers tweeting logos for shows/companies they don't intend to work for