Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling offically a thing

sek69

7 hours ago, rovert said:

Again this countless of hours hang up you are peddling just is closed mindedness and an excuse. I thought this was deep dive the forum?

An excuse for what exactly ? I don't feel the need to watch it like I don't need to watch most stuff out there. I don't spend my whole day watching pro-wrestling (and I have spent wayyyyyy too much time watching pro-wrestling these last three years, with my old-school TNA "project" which had its own twisted reasons). Now, with me being interested by the new company and the developements to come, there's a good chance I might watch it this year. I already watch MLW Fusion on Youtube, so there's that.

Social media in general, yeah, I mostly despise and think they are fucking up people's minds even more than before.

As far as the forum goes, it's been kinda sad at points lately (I mean in the last few months), but I'd rather not go into this, really.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on the board much lately, but damn this thread is an embarrassment.

I like the idea of another "major" promotion. If they get a good TV deal they should do really well. They have an "it" factor, they have a major backer, they are in great shape. I really like how Khan says he wants to do a Nitro type show, which I hope means a show that will showcase wrestlers from allover.

Or should I not have these opinions, since I never watch BTE or All In and I haven't seen a Kenny Omega match since he debuted in NJPW?

23 hours ago, El-P said:

An excuse for what exactly ? I don't feel the need to watch it like I don't need to watch most stuff out there. I don't spend my whole day watching pro-wrestling

Stopped reading here. No one has said this is required. In actuality, I've expressly stated the opposite. You are just trolling at this stage. Could have watched every BTE episode in the between when you first started this thread and now. And with days to spare.

6 hours ago, Grimmas said:

I haven't been on the board much lately, but damn this thread is an embarrassment.

I like the idea of another "major" promotion. If they get a good TV deal they should do really well. They have an "it" factor, they have a major backer, they are in great shape. I really like how Khan says he wants to do a Nitro type show, which I hope means a show that will showcase wrestlers from allover.

Or should I not have these opinions, since I never watch BTE or All In and I haven't seen a Kenny Omega match since he debuted in NJPW?

Why is the default stance on this forum defensive man-child?

I am sorry that the idea that product knowledge is useful towards the process of understanding something brings people so pain and anguish. 

Again I thought this forum was all about deep dives and higher-end discussion? Few attitudes in this thread jive with that. 

Christ.

I stepped away for 2 days and hoped this clown would be gone by the time I came back. But he's still here, thirsting & begging for a pat on the back or a nod of acknowledgement.

Nobody cares if you're connected. Nobody cares who you claim to know. Nobody is impressed by your ability to live like a shut-in and analyze wrestling matches around the clock.

This thread began as a means to discuss the AEW deal, but you came in here expecting to impress people with your breaking news or whatever. But nobody knows who you are or cares really, and so I guess you got all butthurt.

You've now had well over 3 days to whine and lick your wounds. Enough already. Move on.

Every post I see from you, you're constantly trashing this board & its posters. Your snide comments about the posters being old, out of touch, etc. are all over the place. So why the hell are you still here? Go somewhere else. Clearly nobody appreciates your "brilliance" or knowledge here, right? Ain't gonna change, man. We simply don't care about the imaginary fantasy world you've dreamed up in your head. No one's impressed.

Besides, why are you even wasting your precious time trying to educate us? Shouldn't you be hanging out with your good pals in the biz? You're a big leaguer, bro. Live it up. Go grab some drinks with the stars or something. I swear. We'll manage without you.

1 hour ago, rovert said:

Stopped reading here. No one has said this is required. In actuality, I've expressly stated the opposite. You are just trolling at this stage.

Well, if you would have taken 15 seconds to actually read the rest of my post (which is a lot less than a 15 mn Youtube video), you could see I am absolutely not trolling. You however, at this stage, make no effort to even try to listen or comprehend what is being said to you. I never exactly understood why you were banned the first time around. I kinda get it now...

I suggest people rather use the ignore function than continue responding.

This isn't a great look for anyone nor the forum for anyone coming in via the main page or Google.

This site is great for the knowledge it has, can we keep it that way, please?

Way to miss the point @rovert. Nobody is arguing that having more context doesn't help you. However saying you can't comment without that context is ludicrous. 

We are talking about a potential major new wrestling company, let's discuss that not about how some people have heard of that band before others.

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

Way to miss the point @rovert. Nobody is arguing that having more context doesn't help you. However saying you can't comment without that context is ludicrous. 

We are talking about a potential major new wrestling company, let's discuss that not about how some people have heard of that band before others.

Especially when it's all information that everyone will know in due time anyway. It's not that huge a deal to me to know who they've signed until they actually have shows and cards to promote, unless they do something really out of the ordinary and sign Cena or something.

First things first, if only to get it out of the way.

Yes, wrestling is way different than it used to be and people can interact with wrestlers far more easily than they used to.  And thinking back to myself as an 18-25 year old you can bet I'd have been on that train if it had been available.  And I would have been derailing threads like this more than likely due to it.  I understand where it comes from.  I don't necessarily agree that it should be expressed/used the way it is here.  There have to be better/more constructive ways of using your knowledge and connections than this.

I do agree that the WWE's success is largely corporate-based as Matt pointed out and wonder what that means for AEW and the wrestling business as a whole.  WWE gets by on convincing corporate guys that what they do can sell airtime on their networks now.  Cody and the Bucks speak to a portion of the fanbase as outsiders who are not part of the big corporate edifice.  And still make money off of that same system.  Which is all well and good until they want to be on TV that comes from one of those corporations.  How long do the suits put up with the Bucks shit?  How does AEW work without TV?  Maybe there are big enough networks out there that want to spit in the eye of the bigger guys enough to keep that image going, who knows.

I also recall WCW in certain years truly struggling due to the conflict between wrestling people/corporate.  I'm sure Vince saw it too and that drove a lot of his methods behind making the WWE into what it is today.  I question whether AEW will have that kind of business savvy behind it (even if I think that kind of thing kills wrestling).