goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I am legitimately excited to see Chinese acrobats. 

Yeah, criticizing AEW for doing something that's genuinely different from WWE and can set them apart is baffling to me.  

Isn't that kinda the whole point of an alternative?

I'm In the UK only £15, so it's a much more attractive price point to try out. Hoping there's no sound/video issues with the show, as they need to prove they up to WWE production level.

Not sure why so much negativity to this show, if this promotion succeeds its the best thing for wrestling and the wrestlers. You don't even have to like its content, its not just aimed at 40plus year old fans reminiscing over 80's wrestling.

It needs a new fan base/generation of fans, getting 14 to 20 year olds thinking its the new cool thing is the key to its short term future.

I'm going in with an open mind, hoping I see something unique and different, I don't expect to like all of. I'm 43 so I'm sure some of it will have me rolling my eyes, thinking WTF. But as long as it makes sense and doesn't insult my intelligence, I think it will make a refreshing change to the WWE.

Also hoping the commentator team have practised together before hand, as that might be the most impotent aspect to get right for this show.  

16 minutes ago, Mattsdmf said:

I know it’s a weird thought process and would never happen but every time I hear “real sports presentation” I always imagine WOS/RINGS/BattlArts meets UFC specials.  

However, I’m rooting for AEW to be a success.

To me, the idea of them going for a “real sports presentation” with AEW is silly and I hope it’s just Jim Ross talking like a moron.  I did watch the Before the Bell hype show and thought it was pretty cringey most of the time, aside from the Dustin Rhodes part.

If someone had told me five years ago that the Bucks were going to have their own promotion, I would have been head over heels.  I’m a lot more leery about what this will wind up being because of a lot of the other old carnies involved but at the end of the day I hope they all take a bunch of money from the rich kid, if nothing else.

I'll definitely catch the show at some point but short of Jon Jones fighting at HW i'm not dropping $50 on a PPV any time soon.  Actually, given the headache that ordering a UFC show is now that's likely never happening again.

More than anything else I'm excited to see the OWE crew.  With the right match and spotlight El Lindaman should stand out from the pack but we'll see how timing and layout impact things.  That and the joshi tag are easily the two matches that have the most interest for me.

Curious to see what the TNT/Bleacher Report deal means for Omega/Jericho.  Any reason they'd shy away from plunder and gimmicks there to keep things TV-PGish or will they have free reign to work as needed to get the match over?

24 minutes ago, Coffey said:

For whatever it's worth, I read that if you use a VPN & login to the Fite app via a Canadian IP, you can get it for the $15-$20 price or whatever it is, instead of $50. If that helps anyone. 

It would be hilarious if they started booking full blown Canadian tours based on all of the buys from "Canada". 

1 hour ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

at the end of the day I hope they all take a bunch of money from the rich kid, if nothing else.

Seriously?! This is the kind of trashy redneck fan comment I'd expect to see on Twitter or below a Yahoo News article.

I thought PWO was better than that.

I hope "the rich kid" becomes even richer.

By the way the way that Janela partied last night in Vegas, Joey should probably win this just for being able to make it to the ring

And Page is the Joker.  I guess that it isn't any surprise

So Excalibur is doing the play by play on the free show and not JR.  Probably for the best.  I like him as a commentator although I admit that wearing a mask is weird and really indie

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Battle Royals usually suck, but this is fine as a way to introduce people to what will probably be their mid card for the most part.

Yeah, fair enough. I feel like MJF could be a Miz sort of heel who runs the midcard. He can draw heat.

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic