Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

Thing is, even if you think Swole is full of it and even if she was a pain in the ass to work with....TK has shown multiple times he has a quick temper and doesn't respond well to criticism. It's just usually it's been reserved for Fullham fans and AEW fans by and large never saw it before. It's actually shocking to me he didn't have one of these moments over the Jaguars after the dumpster fire their season turned into. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Jade will win IMO, especially now that she has Mercedes Martinez as her "heater."

There's a better story to be told with Ruby getting shots at both major AEW women's titles and falling short. 

I thought from the beginning of the tournament Ruby would win. A babyface to contrast a heel having the other Women's title. Ruby can have fast and pacey TV-style matches and is a name. I expect Jade's leg to still be in bad shape, for it to buckle, Ruby capitalises and slays a giant. Mark Sterling has something to gripe about - Jade not being 100%. And that booking protects Jade in a job.

I think Mercedes is more for Thunder Rosa. Thunder Rosa and Mercedes Martinez had a war at Warrior Wrestling two weeks ago and they will likely put that on TV to build Thunder Rosa on her road to finally beating Britt Baker at AEW Revolution. AEW Revolution is close to the year anniversary of Thunder Rosa's unsanctioned win over Britt. 

It just shows that while Twitter is great for shitposting, memeing and hanging out with friends, it is absolutely the worst possible forum for any kind of serious discussion. I hope TK learns his lesson from this, and in future sticks to tweeting exclusively to plug his upcoming TV shows. 

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So Lio Rush posted that he spoke with TK and from  the sounds of it, looks like they hashed it out and have a better understanding of each other's point of view so that's a surprisingly positive outcome from a social media firestorm. 

That's cool.

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

It just shows that while Twitter is great for shitposting, memeing and hanging out with friends, it is absolutely the worst possible forum for any kind of serious discussion. I hope TK learns his lesson from this, and in future sticks to tweeting exclusively to plug his upcoming TV shows. 

Yes and indeed.

So yeah, with all this, it got quite undersold that AEW just signed Mercedes Martinez (who has a match with Deonna this week on IMPACT, yeah, 2022 already cool as hell). That's a pretty huge addition to the women's division and opens up tons of really good matches. Not to mention her mentoring and helping the young workers.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

So Lio Rush posted that he spoke with TK and from  the sounds of it, looks like they hashed it out and have a better understanding of each other's point of view so that's a surprisingly positive outcome from a social media firestorm. 

I do agree but in addition, you can't read Lio's statement without seeing he got TOLD some real truths about Swole. Note the African American talent there the longest sided with Tony's statement as they know Swole's history in AEW.

Lio quitting would have been a disaster obviously. I am glad that was rectified. For Lio's peace of mind and history he should be reassured that the new boss isn't the same as old.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, strobogo said:

I definitely do not think there is any attempt at Mr. Khan, just TK unforced stepping on his dick again, which has happened multiple times because he's a shit poster at heart and is probably drunk/high when he does it. This is a pretty ugly one, though.

Ah the good old days of DVDVR. Swole does suck though. Especially when she kept insisting to do her confusing ass finishing move.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:28 AM, Perfectly Straightedge said:

If Tony was smart he would just do what Vince does and get you somebody that will say those mean things for you. So nobody knows your true opinion.  

Remember that was Brandi in the early days of AEW where she went after someone on Twitter about the lack of diversity. 

To be fair, Swole isn't the first person to point out diversity as an issue in AEW yet everyone seems to be acting like she said some kind of unspeakable horror. Perhaps she isn't the best one to be saying these things given her own abilities and apparent behind the scenes issues but it's not like she was alone in her views here. 

What is the diversity issue in AEW, are we saying they should just make a black person champion to fill a quota?  The truth is they don't have anybody ready for that spot, but you can see they building for the future by investing in people to fill those spots in the next couple of years.

The company is three years old, who has Tony not hired who was available and good enough to be in that top spot? 

I would say they should’ve been looking to have a black star that would be in one of the top PPV slots, with a shot at becoming champion like what Darby, or MJF currently have. Like in some ways that they did with Sammy. I guess that’s Jade now. Maybe that will happen soon enough with Dante. But time will tell. 

15 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

What is the diversity issue in AEW, are we saying they should just make a black person champion to fill a quota?  The truth is they don't have anybody ready for that spot, but you can see they building for the future by investing in people to fill those spots in the next couple of years.

The company is three years old, who has Tony not hired who was available and good enough to be in that top spot? 

Lots of talk about quotas and "what do you want, make a black person a champ just because" and not much talk about how people who they are building the future around and investing time into are largely white while any POC wrestlers at the same experience level are stuck toiling on Dark/After Dark or being wasted in factions like Private Party being put in HFO after they were one of the high points of a lot of the early Dynamites. 

Like, I don't think anyone believes TK is making a conscious effort to only push white folks, but it seems more of a case of not really paying attention. Like Lee Moriarty has been signed do a deal so there's no reason he should still be doing jobs, he should be in the TNT title mix already. 

Hopefully keith Lee is heathy, signs and can be that top guy, but who is the black star they have at Darby or MJF level. Hobbs is no where close to ready for that role, in his work or interviews that I've seen. Scorpio sky not at that level work wise, but is a good talker, Anthony Bowens in 6 months might be that guy. 

Dante Martin is about 2 years out from being fully ready, but has huge upside and will end up being a huge star.

I understand the argument that they should have pushed a black star alone with Jungle boy, Darby and MJF. But if those guys didn't have the IT factor to get over, they wouldn't be over.

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Lots of talk about quotas and "what do you want, make a black person a champ just because" and not much talk about how people who they are building the future around and investing time into are largely white.

I think unfortunately they have to much talent to give everyone there fair due and without house shows people won't advance and improve as much as they should.  

Lee Moriarty, you right I haven't seen much of his work, as I don't watch Dark, so he might be someone to push. Also Jay Lethal has disappeared and not been seen.

But from watching the tv shows, Scorpio sky Anthony Bowens, Max Caster, Dante Martin and Lio Rush are getting tv time and Hobbs, to a lesser degree . 

So I definitely see them building for the future of the company, we find out in 6 months or so I guess.  

2 minutes ago, gonzalez said:

Dante Martin should be that young black star to be mentored into a bigger spot, with Lio playing the mentor as he’s doing now. Maybe Max Caster is the next guy to step into MJF’s spot when Friedman jumps into a permanent main event slot.

I'm higher on Bowens, who seems to have stepped up his game a ton since the Danielson match. However, no matter how much of a push either guy receives, they should stay together either way, as they feel like guys who will always mean more as a team.

46 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Lots of talk about quotas and "what do you want, make a black person a champ just because" and not much talk about how people who they are building the future around and investing time into are largely white while any POC wrestlers at the same experience level are stuck toiling on Dark/After Dark or being wasted in factions like Private Party being put in HFO after they were one of the high points of a lot of the early Dynamites. 

How many POC are in positions of power behind the scenes, not just wrestlers on TV?