• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes he did, which as much as we can moan does fit in to the "TK plays favorites" deal Lambert was cutting his promo about

Spoiler

I wouldn't have gone that route, but it's not as if Sammy was exactly setting the world on fire as champ. His win felt forced and his entire reign landed with a meh thud. 

Spoiler

Sammy recently announced that he had broken up with his fiancee, and a bunch of fans reached the conclusion that he was fooling around with Tay Conti based on little more than the fact that she appeared in his Vlog a lot. Tay received so much online harassment over it that she ended up deleting her Twitter account. Maybe AEW decided Sammy should lay low for a while and took the belt off him for that reason.

Wow, TK really responded to Swole saying she left AEW partially because of their lack of diversity by drunk rage tweeting that he didn't renew her contract because her wrestling wasn't any good. Which.....is not really the way you should respond to an ex employee saying they thought your diversity was lacking. 

14 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Wow, TK really responded to Swole saying she left AEW partially because of their lack of diversity by drunk rage tweeting that he didn't renew her contract because her wrestling wasn't any good. Which.....is not really the way you should respond to an ex employee saying they thought your diversity was lacking. 

Utterly tone deaf response by TK.

He really needs someone handling his social media accounts for him, like I assume most CEOs have.

Nyla Rose, a trans, native and black woman was champ already in the short existence of the company. Two others champs (out of four thus far) are Japanese. They have been heavily pushing Jade Cargill, and that's before she's even ready... Swole is so full of it.

And yeah, Big Swole's work was indeed the shits. She was poor when she started and never improved despite being at one point heavily featured in a feud against Britt Baker, and that feud remains the worst stuff ever on AEW TV.

The lack of diversity argument is such complete bullshit anyway. AEW started with the people that were available. It's not like they had a Moose or a Keith Lee that they could push to the top of the cards. They couldn't get Rich Swann or Willie Mack also alongside other people because guess what, they were under contract (and still are) already with other companies. So what, put the AEW title on Scorpio Sky (hey, he was the first tag champ but I guess that doesn't count) and the TNT title on Powerhouse Hobbs just because ? Well, sorry but Swole was just never any good and was *still* pushed pretty heavily on TV for a while. Really now... If they had Sasha Banks or Bianca BeLair under contracts, I'm pretty sure those two would have got the belt already too.

Of course it's gonna be the usual Twitter drama that'll get forgotten in three days. 2022, same as 2021 already. 

There's no writers in a sense. Not everyone is comfortable writing their own things. Closed mouths don't get fed. That's exactly what that environment is. If you are shy and don't know how to write or are not creative, it's not going to work unless they want it to work for you. That's one of their biggest issues

How is this a bad thing? Pro wrestling should be a field where the ones with creativity and drive rise to the top.

The merits of Swole's work aside, it's pretty messed up for the boss to tweet like he's still shitposting on DVDVR. It costs nothing to just  either say nothing or if you have to say something just keep it to "it just didn't work out" platitudes. 

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

How is this a bad thing? Pro wrestling should be a field where the ones with creativity and drive rise to the top.

It's not, IMO, but I think she's implying that other people who lack the same creative skills she says she lacks still get the creative help they need because AEW "wants it to work" for them. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The merits of Swole's work aside, it's pretty messed up for the boss to tweet like he's still shitposting on DVDVR. It costs nothing to just  either say nothing or if you have to say something just keep it to "it just didn't work out" platitudes. 

Of course. But here goes Twitter for you, it's a trashcan. Between Coach Tony K. sleaze thread style reply and Lio Rush "APOLOGIZE", this is typical Twitter stupidity on all parts. Nobody wins. Wait until Brandi says something. :ph34r: I'd drop the classic "hold my beer", but I already started Dry January two hours ago (not saying I'll be able to stand it !)

40 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Uh oh...

I guess he is going to retire again.

This has blown completely out of proportion without a doubt. Swole was shitty. She never got any better and was an absolute bore to watch. There is a reason why Britt went to the top even after losing to Swole on a PPV. So it's not like Swole was used horribly. I guess Tony should have never said anything but hey Swole is shitty and needed to be called out on it. I actually like the comment but maybe not from a CEO of a company. TK should have just made a burner account as Kevin Durant did.

Oh well, all the Twitter warriors will be on the prowl tonight and then by next week, they will move to the next story like always.

The quality of her in ring ability has nothing to do with her comments and feelings about representation in the company. TK making a shitpost about her personally because he's mad someone had an issue with not even him but that there aren't people in the company in upper levels that look and sound like her is wildly unprofessional and unbecoming for the guy running the whole company.

"We had professional differences and I'm sorry it didn't work out. Swole's opinions are highly valued and the door is open for her to return in the future. We remain committed to a diverse environment and are aware that we must be ever-vigilant and striving to improve in this regard."

This really, really, REALLY wasn't that fucking hard. Either a response like the one above or no response at all wouldn't have created this kind of shit-show. That's 100% on Tony.

Even WCW had the sense not to publicly proclaim, "Well, Bobby Walker sucked anyway!" 

3 hours ago, strobogo said:

The quality of her in ring ability has nothing to do with her comments and feelings about representation in the company. TK making a shitpost about her personally because he's mad someone had an issue with not even him but that there aren't people in the company in upper levels that look and sound like her is wildly unprofessional and unbecoming for the guy running the whole company.

Pretty much the best takeaway from all this.