Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2019

Ricky Jackson

Just now, Childs said:

You mean the whole card, right? Didn't think the men's Rumble was anything special overall.

Oh, yeah. I meant the PPV. This Men's Rumble had its moments and it was insane to see how much talent they have right now. Them putting enough faith in Andrade to have him in the Final Four shows how high they think of him.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I really don't remember them having a straight 1 on 1 match tbh

I might be hallucinating a decent singles PPV match that Seth actually won, but you're right that it's mostly been three-way matches and multi-man affairs.

4 minutes ago, SmartMark15 said:

They had some very good TV singles matches in the Shield era.

Rollins and Bryan, yes, but Lesnar and Rollins?

4 minutes ago, jcmmnx said:

They worked 1 on 1 during Seth's awful heel title run in a 10 minute nothing match where Brock treated him like a joke.

I remember that one real good segment where Brock murdered Cole and Booker, and the triple threat with Cena and Lesnar.

Also Ali might be the next in line for a US Title Reign.

34 minutes ago, C.S. said:

So, remind me again why the men's Rumble main evented?

Lynch was a far better winner and bigger act. 

Because the Nia moment, which they felt was a big deal, couldn't have happened otherwise. Talk about misjudging things, overvaluing a canned moment and undervaluing an actual one.

Also it could be because the crowd would be burned out by that point and in their eyes Becky is more valuable than Rollins, so you gotta maximize the reactions.

Nia being in the Rumble was a mixed bag because while it was cool to see her actually do moves in Orton, Rey and Ali, the commentary and crowd feeling so happy about her getting a 3 on 1 beatdown was...... off-putting, to say the least.

Sasha Banks vs. Ronda Rousey 

My most anticipated match of the night, which turned out to be really good but not great. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think this and the Charlotte match have exposed Ronda, she was easily outclassed in both matches. This was a borderline Sasha carry job in all honestly with aggressive, creative arm attacks and great pseudo-heel character work. Ronda sold the arm well but was pretty much along for the ride. I liked the role reversal start and the finish ending with a pin rather than a submission (something the commentators also pointed out). Intense and competitive. ***1/2

I don't think it's fair to say Ronda was carried in those matches but I also think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that experienced hands like Flair and Banks should be guiding her along through the matches.

Sasha's shit wouldn't have looked half as good without Ronda's incredible selling imo.

Seth Rollins winning is so boring. I would have had Demon Finn come out at 30 and win it. 

They should have had the women's Rumble last. Becky is just a bigger deal and more over than anything they could have done with the men's Rumble. They also should have taken a few matches off of the show so some of the filler wasn't in the men's Rumble. 

2 hours ago, ShittyLittleBoots said:

Fell asleep during Becky vs. Asuka last night. Watching the show now, and I certainly am very intrigued by the response Bryan & AJ have got online. Seen a few DUD's & 1-stars being thrown around at it.

Shit, really? There is absolutely no reason for that. It was a pretty good match that had a dead crowd, that's all