flyonthewall2983

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Magnum TA's story is kind of too happy for Dark Side imo. Yeah his wrestling career was cut short but he ended up having a pretty successful life afterwards. 

True. I just saw him in the A&E Dusty Biography. Any man that is still rocking a mullet and Sam Elliott moustache over 30 years after stealing his biggest rival’s wife is clearly winning at life.

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I wonder if Buck Zumhoffe is too much of a fucked up story for Dark Side. They did do Grizzly Smith, so I guess not. 

The producers seem to make a concerted effort to end the episodes with the darkest subject matter (Grizz, Benoit, Pillman) on a somewhat hopeful note. I don't know if that's possible with Zumhofe unless his daughter ended up winning the lottery or something similar.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Bill Watts episode. The problems with that is that Jim Ross, who worked closely with Watts, refuses to work with DSotR now, and Hank Aaron (the guy who's responsible for Watts getting canned from WCW) is no longer with us (and I dont think there are any archival interviews where he discusses that).

14 hours ago, JRH said:

I wonder if we'll ever get a Bill Watts episode. The problems with that is that Jim Ross, who worked closely with Watts, refuses to work with DSotR now, and Hank Aaron (the guy who's responsible for Watts getting canned from WCW) is no longer with us (and I dont think there are any archival interviews where he discusses that).

The episode of Tales from The Territories about Mid-South is about as close as we’ll get I imagine unless Bill himself agrees to do it.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:37 PM, Dav'oh said:

What's Abby's dark side? First three announced for series four are Abdullah the Butcher, Bam Bam Bigelow and Mike Awesome.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:34 PM, PeteF3 said:

Yeah, I don't buy the illiteracy story at all. That's more carnies being carnies making a sympathy play.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:11 AM, sek69 said:

Didn't Abby run a BBQ joint in like Georgia or something? Seems like that would be difficult if you were illiterate. 

On 2/7/2023 at 2:30 PM, Al said:

Depends how much of the business was run by his wife. Mind you, I'm not terribly sold on his tale of woe either.

Saw some news about this story finally reported today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought the episode was okay. The coverage of Tammy was very shallow (we didn't even get a mention of "Sunny Days"!), but the heartfelt appreciation for Candido from those who knew him was lovely. There's a good book on Candido by Jon Cosper (with help from Chris' brother) that is excellent for those looking for more.

I thought it was pretty good but wish it had more on Sunny. Evan Husney said in his interview on POST the other day that he was pretty certain they would be able to interview her but when it was getting near the time they were going to do the interview, her legal team advised her against it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the Adrian Adonis episode, since I always wondered what happened to him. At the time I saw him at WM3, he disappeared for a while and then he showed up in the AWA even heavier than he was before. I knew he died in an accident but I never knew why he left the WWF right after being in a major match. The episode more or less confirmed he got fired for drug use which made me think "Jesus Christ how much coke do you have to do for 1986 Vince not to want you around ".